No! Not him!

purewcnub

Everyone hates random events. When we are past level 20 we don't want sapphires for the waste of our time solving a cube. It's boring, unrewarding, and some of the longer random events make things like your hunter traps disapear, so you have to go back to yanille or nardah just because of a stupid random. I lost hundreds of items like hunter traps! Randoms should be changed depending on your level ( The reward), and at the beggining of the event it should say,"Do you have anything on the floor?" click yes and you will be given about 20 seconds to collect your items like traps, etc, and you would then start the event.

Edit: Maybe move to suggestions?

0neJudgement.png

Goals:

94 magic

94 ranged

55 slayer

Addy gloves-done

:boohoo:

It's quite obvious, the rewards would be higher level gems and more money...

What's the difference? Higher lvl gems? We can get diamonds from randoms (molly, questionare random). And the maze random is pretty good too. Do you suggest dragonstone? Also, randoms are to stop/hinder autoers/macros. Not for really good rewards for something that takes 5 seconds-2 minutes...

:boohoo:

It's quite obvious, the rewards would be higher level gems and more money...

What's the difference? Higher lvl gems? We can get diamonds from randoms (molly, questionare random). And the maze random is pretty good too. Do you suggest dragonstone? Also, randoms are to stop/hinder autoers/macros. Not for really good rewards for something that takes 5 seconds-2 minutes...

~Almost all the Autoers i've seen with an random event can solve it without too much trouble. Some still can't, but maybe Autoing programs in general have realized that Random Events = Failed Autoers. Maybe they've taken a step up and figured out how to complete the random events so they can continue cheating.~

~I think that, after having gotten a random event let's say 50 times, you can choose to turn it off, therefore only getting the random events you want. This would please normal players and confuse Autoing programs, because they'd then have to re-program themselves into being able to solve the random 50 times. This means Jagex has lots of time to catch them, and probably all Autoers will choose only like...Old Men or something where it's easy to solve (which gives Jagex a new way to track and ban autoers.)~

~As to your problem: Get the Lunar Spellbook .There's a spell in there, "Hunter Kit," that gives you all the Hunter stuff you need.~

Our_Moon.png

When hunting, i got well over 50 str pots for free from randoms and countless other gems nd cash and barely lost any traps. In some cases the randoms help break up the monotony of some skills and more importantly, hinder autoers. Therefore i think the rewards should stay the same as they aren't too bad and randoms weren't designed to hand out rewards.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

All of the above poster have basically summed it up. Random events make the process of training much less monotonous, plus they hinder autoers. I am pretty sure that the vast majority of randoms are impossible to complete with a program (Mysterious Box, Gravedigger, Sandwich Lady). As far as I know, programs simply can't figure out the rotating objects.

Also, losing Hunter equipment is part of the game! It's not supposed to last forever! Deal with the problem!

(The_Platypus' suggestion is brilliant, Lunar Spells, despite me not being able to master Lunar Diplomacy, truly are wonderful).

The rewards can sometimes be decent. I wouldn't mind picking up the odd half key and emote now and again. Dragonstones can be a nice financial boost if you craft them into glorys, or you can be resourceful and use them for abyss crafting. During combat training, clues, uh, say it all. Sure, usually the rewards are not very good, but then you need to deal with it, are you going to bank, drop, cut, or sell that sapphire? I appreciate that the frog random, from the fourth random (Clothing, Mask, Frog Music obtained by purposely failing the random) and afterwords is not worthwhile, but then I would agree that it needs to be changed.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

• 2 weeks later...