The summer of Cricket is back in swing!!

warri0r45

Of course they shouldn't walk...

But that game came down to the umpiring...

And that ball hit the ground, theres a few photos which show the ball.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see everyone walk. I really respect Gilchrist for doing that, and he shows the best sportmanship out of everyone in the team. If there's anyone people should look up to its him.

But I know its not going to happen, not in a modern world we have today.

Does anyone take seriously the calls of Ricky Ponting to be sacked?

Call me crazy, but I think if there wasn't so much media on this story, there wouldn't be such a fuss.

I don't think Ponting should be sacked, I think Singh should get his appeal and I think Hogg should be investigated for his foul language. I'd then hope both teams stop giving the media fuel to stoke the fire and just bloody well get on with the series.

Bloody hell. Crazy.

Does anyone take seriously the calls of Ricky Ponting to be sacked?

Call me crazy, but I think if there wasn't so much media on this story, there wouldn't be such a fuss.

I don't think Ponting should be sacked, I think Singh should get his appeal and I think Hogg should be investigated for his foul language. I'd then hope both teams stop giving the media fuel to stoke the fire and just bloody well get on with the series.

Bloody hell. Crazy.

There's no justification to have Ponting sacked anyways.

In regards to Singh's appeal... I dunno. India's lack of action against the people who started the racial taunts back in October doesn't help their case much. So any kind of "it never happened" defence they try to pull will probably get damaged by "it happened in the past and your inaction makes it look like you pretend it didn't" claims from the ICC.

I think he should get an appeal, but I don't have hopes for it since India let slide the racial taunts from the crowd, and that could've lead way for Signh thinking it wasn't a racial taunt, despite what the ICC had to say after that match <.<

Hogg, afaik, will be investiaged for his language.

And what the media needs to do is back off and let this [cabbage] happen first instead of throwing assumptions and misconceptions to the public. The only legit source of information on any of this is coming from the limited press releases from the AUS, India and internation boards.

Seriously I love Symonds heaps. Him and Gilchrist are my favourite players, but for goodness sake he was called a 'monkey.' Get over it! That's absolutely no where near the worst things that happen on the field - if that happened in the game of Rugby League, everyone would laugh and get over (maybe the guy who got called a monkey might be aiming his next tackle around the others guys chin but thats about it :P ).

Pardon the French but can't Symonds grow some balls and get over it, its not really that bad, he could of been called something far worse, and he probably fueled the fire in the first place and antagonized Harbajan (sp?) before hand. Can't they just leave what happens on he field and keep it on the field. I think Harbajan's appeal should be granted and Hogg not be investigated (seriously he swore on the field - does not 1 game ever go by in professional team sports where swearing wouldn't occur at least more than a few times - no of course!).

I'd just love to see everyone get over it, start acting in Sportsman like fashions and get the rest of the series on. I'd like to see Ponting lead by example and play a sportmans like role on the field. And I'd like to see both captains get together asap and sort things out instead of being arrogant bastards and continually fueling the fire. :roll:

• 2 weeks later...