The summer of Cricket is back in swing!!

warri0r45

I realise this is a niche topic but what the hell. What are your thoughts on the summer of cricket? The current test series between Aus and Sri Lanka? Favourite players? The team you follow? Going to any matches or been to any lately? Or are you generally curious about the sport? All posts welcome.

For starters, today I had a lazy one at the Gabba for day 3 of the first test between Aus and Sri Lanka in Brisbane. All up there were 10 wickets, with Mitchell Johnson grabbing his first 2 test wickets ever. Aus forced the follow on and are heading into day 4 with Sri Lanka on the ropes at 2 for 80 with 260 runs required to get up to par with the Aussies first innings total (which included some cracker knocks from Jaques, Hussey and Clarke).

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sri Lankan's shouldn't of bothered to even turn up. Seriously their no hope, even with McGrath, Warne and Langer gone we're still totally dominant.

Sounds awesome though that you got to go. I watched the test all day on the TV and for the last 2 days when I've gotten back from school.

Though something which bugs me is the fact that we're playing 2 tests against Sri Lanka and 4 tests against India (iirc). That's stupid, it means that there can be draws in both series rather than a deciding 3 and 5 game. <.<

Though I think it'll be a whitewash to the aussies in both series anyway.

Sri Lankan's shouldn't of bothered to even turn up. Seriously their no hope, even with McGrath, Warne and Langer gone we're still totally dominant.

Sounds awesome though that you got to go. I watched the test all day on the TV and for the last 2 days when I've gotten back from school.

Though something which bugs me is the fact that we're playing 2 tests against Sri Lanka and 4 tests against India (iirc). That's stupid, it means that there can be draws in both series rather than a deciding 3 and 5 game. <.<

Though I think it'll be a whitewash to the aussies in both series anyway.

I thought it was 3 against Sri Lanka, but that's a very vague recall. No doubt that dosen't make much sense if it's 2 and 4, respectively. And yeah, it was pretty good there today. the only bummer about it being in Brisbane at the moment is that they only telecast after tea, i.e. virtually 2-2.5 hours play a day. I guess that's incentive to actually go to the game.

Edit: Actually, yeah, you were right - 2 tests vs. Sri Lanka.

Also correct on the other count.

the only bummer about it being in Brisbane at the moment is that they only telecast after tea, i.e. virtually 2-2.5 hours play a day. I guess that's incentive to actually go to the game.

That could be my greatest pet-hate of cricket of all time. I hate it when they do that for tests. And they do it for one dayers. They'll only play the session between 2pm-4pm if its a day nighter.

Though I though they canceled doing that recently, since channel 9 signed a new contract. Maybe that could only be happening in Sydney. :?

the only bummer about it being in Brisbane at the moment is that they only telecast after tea, i.e. virtually 2-2.5 hours play a day. I guess that's incentive to actually go to the game.

That could be my greatest pet-hate of cricket of all time. I hate it when they do that for tests. And they do it for one dayers. They'll only play the session between 2pm-4pm if its a day nighter.

Though I though they canceled doing that recently, since channel 9 signed a new contract. Maybe that could only be happening in Sydney. :?

Hmm. Dunno. No doubt the people who have an interest in getting people to the venues and the people who have an interest in getting the telecast to the people would have to work those issues out. Only have to put up with it for 2 more days. :( Either way, I've still got 5 full test matches to enjoy throughout the holidays. That's 25 days (or less, going by how much Australia rule) of crickety goodness. :D

Either way, I've still got 5 full test matches to enjoy throughout the holidays. That's 25 days (or less, going by how much Australia rule) of crickety goodness. :D

Yeah I'd be cutting 10 days of that total to get it about right. :P

I've been following India Vs Pakistan which is currently at 1-1 in the ODIs with 3 more to go & 3 tests to come after that.

The Aussies just smash any team that come their way. It's SriLanka's turn atm & I hope they don't smash India. :XD:

scarsrl0.jpg

Thanks to WithTheQuickness for the sig!

As an English cricket fan without Sky stuck in the middle of winter...I hate you <.<.

Jokes, there's plenty of jealousy though :lol:

Agreed.

I wonder how sucessful the tearaway Indian Cricket League will be, Vikram Solanki joined today :shock:

iteme3721.jpg

I'm only watching so I have a fairly good idea on who is on form for the Ashes :P

Ha ha :D

Rofl :D

I want England to not suck in Australia...Oh well, one can wish :XD:

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

I'm only watching so I have a fairly good idea on who is on form for the Ashes :P

Ha ha :D

Rofl :D

I want England to not suck in Australia...Oh well, one can wish :XD:

Can't be any worse than last year right? Adelaide was just :uhh:

As an English cricket fan without Sky stuck in the middle of winter...I hate you <.<.

Jokes, there's plenty of jealousy though :lol:

Heh, I would be too after last summers effort from you blokes. :D :P

That 5-0 is and I'd bet will be my favourite test series of all time. It was just bloody incredible from the previous series loss and the downright desire and determination from the Aussies to get the ashes back and, of course, the retirement of some legends of the game.

I don't follow cricket too much, if it's on the telly, I will check up on the score every half hour, but won't sit and watch the whole thing. Now going to the cricket is another thing, again, I don't go to watch the game. The terraces is where it's at! Get drunk in the hot sun, and see how many streakers get out on the field, most I've seen at one game is three, haha.

ledzeppelin1jl6.jpg

Australia are too awesome. We carve up even without Warnie and McGrath, but I am getting a bit tired of the commentators going on about it.

It's good to see local boy Mitchell Johnson do well and getting some wickets. Sri Lanka put up a bit of a fight today but it was about as exiting as watching England play (Oooh yes, go me). The rain today didn't help either, then the bad light. Overall it was a pretty slow day.

I love Roy. What a champ.

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Australia are too awesome. We carve up even without Warnie and McGrath, but I am getting a bit tired of the commentators going on about it.

It's good to see local boy Mitchell Johnson do well and getting some wickets. Sri Lanka put up a bit of a fight today but it was about as exiting as watching England play (Oooh yes, go me). The rain today didn't help either, then the bad light. Overall it was a pretty slow day.

I love Roy. What a champ.

Total legend. I'm glad it looks like he can cement a spot in the test team. He would have got a century in the first innings, but of course you've always got to declare without getting to carried away with personal achievement. And I totally agree, it's great to see Mitchell Johnson snagging a few. He could turn into a key area of our attack in years to come.

And I totally agree, it's great to see Mitchell Johnson snagging a few. He could turn into a key area of our attack in years to come.
Yea, he's got a scary amount of potenial which is yet to be unleashed, but we can definately say he's going to be carving it up for a long time yet 8-)

• 5 weeks later...

Well the Aussies pretty much dominated in the 20/20 game tonight. Go Roy!

Just curious for all those NZ'er out there. Can your year in sport get any worse. First the Rugby WC, than you lost against Australia in the Netball, and also against Australia in the Rugby League test matches and to cap it off it looks like you're going to get dominated in the upcoming One Day Cricket Series.

I would feel sorry for you guys but than I remember you are New Zealand, and then I laugh.

Just Joking of course, I would immigrate there if Australia wasn't so good haha.

Australia's been doing bad lately.

West Indies is for the win although most of our good guys have retired.

Has anyone heard of Stanford 2020 cricket?

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

Australia's been doing bad lately.

What planet have you been living on?

We've one 13 (or maybe 14) straight test victories. We won the latest World Cup this year.

And we only got knocked out of the 20/20 WC in the Semies (iirc).