Apache and IIS

MPM

Heya, I got it in my head the other day to learn some ASP. So, following directions, I install IIS, as well as all the optional functions for it.

I've had apache installed on this computer(through xampp) since I've had it, and it would seem that the two do not get along well.

How would I be able to use both IIS and Apache on my computer?

I'm using a Vista home basic laptop to do all of this.

~M

Are you talking about the actual services themselves running, or when you run them on your localhost?

I have no clue about the first, but the suggestion that comes to mind for the second is to have one listen on a port, and the other listen on another port. Like (I have no idea how to configure iis, so...) have iis listen on the default port 80, and have apach listen on another one (8080 or something), just change the listen port in httpd.conf.

You'll need to change your urls around a bit, but for testing it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I'm not sure what you're asking...so that's all I've got :P

(And eww...asp...)

I have no clue about the first, but the suggestion that comes to mind for the second is to have one listen on a port, and the other listen on another port.

Or you could do something like what I do with my LAN server and have them run on separate physical IP addresses like 127.0.0.1 and 127.0.0.2. Then you don't have to worry about the ports problem if it becomes an issue. You could also just bind more 192.168.* ips to the machine and use those instead of the localhost range (done via network connection properties).

If someone could tell me how to get IIS to work, they would definately get a cookie. Apache doesn't work at all either. I have Windows Vista Home Premium.

If Apache doesn't work then you're doing something wrong, since Apache is an easy install and run job on Windows.

If someone could tell me how to get IIS to work, they would definately get a cookie. Apache doesn't work at all either. I have Windows Vista Home Premium.

If Apache doesn't work then you're doing something wrong, since Apache is an easy install and run job on Windows.

HAH! I spent the first 2 hours trying to find the .msi file for it.

C2b6gs7.png

HAH! I spent the first 2 hours trying to find the .msi file for it.

You can't have looked very hard. :wink:

can't you get asp to work on apache?

siggyanimatoin5dtbp3.gif

There are 10 types of people: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Appreciate Bacteria! It's the only form of culture some people have.

The brain's right side controls the body's left, so only lefties are in their right mind.

School!