Graphics Tablet? What's the best?

Fortress2000

:---Sorry in advance if this isn't the right forum. I thought this was best suited to the issue, but if not, would a mod please move this to the right one? Thanks.---:

Well, with Christmas coming up, I've been looking to get a graphics tablet, as I'm thinking about starting a web comic. However, I've came to a rock in the road...I've heard that a few people have had problems with their tablets, or they haven't been good enough quality, etc. etc.

So, I was just wondering...what would be the best graphics table to get? And if there's no specific one, is there any few that're good, but not too expensive?

Thanks. :3

Writing in colour was fun while it lasted...

The Tip.It. Furry! :D HappyWolf.png

If you ask me, the best choice is a small size WACOM tablet.

I've tried an older Graphire and now I'm using an Intuos3 (both WACOM). Intuos is a lot smoother and I really love using it.

The Bamboo Fun looks good, I haven't tried it. It's a lot less expensive than the Intuos and it's aimed at a much more casual crowd. If you are a professional graphic artist you might want to go for some higher-end equipment, but if you're just a hobbyist the Bamboo Fun sounds like a great choice.

http://www.wacom.com/index2.cfm

You can usually find good-quality tablets for low prices if you look around a bit. Don't expect to get much of a deal at Best Buy or at WACOM's website. They usually sell them at low prices in small computer/tech stores, though. Call around, you can usually find some great deals.

Don't bother with a tablet unless you are very serious about art, and it will be something you use quite regularly. In any case, I would as other have, recommend a small wacom tablet. If you really wanted to spend a lot of money, you could go for an LCD tablet, which is easier to adapt to if you are used to drawing on paper, simply because you look at your hands, and your art while drawing, instead of looking up at a monitor.Although, the adaption from paper to regular tablet is easy enough, that unless you have a few thousand dollars lying around, it is not really needed. But, a small wacom is only 100$ or so, so I would definitely recommend that.

Well, I'm definitely getting a Wacom tablet, but I was wondering...which one of these two?

Smaller, yet considerably cheaper?: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wacom-Bamboo-Sm ... 154&sr=8-7

Larger, but more expensive?: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wacom-Bamboo-Me ... 154&sr=8-6

Thanks to everyone who's already helped. :D

Writing in colour was fun while it lasted...

The Tip.It. Furry! :D HappyWolf.png

I have a Medium Wacom Bamboo Fun.

Im still trying to get used to it.

Its not easy. My hand-eye coordination seems bad... but IMO getting it was definitely worth it. :-k

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

I have a small bamboo fun, with mouse, and a few softwares. I like it a lot. Bought it for 99$ CAN at Futureshop. I haven't tried any other, but I ca tell you this one is quite the bomb. :D

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!