some console consultaion plz (about ps1/2)

Lionheart_0

Ok i went out and bought a ps1 game today, and i know it works witht he ps2 (becase i was told so, and i got it to work :lol: ). ok the problem im having is saving the game. I tries my ps2 save cards, they dont work. Then i whent and bought a cheep, 15 block, ps1 card. Now this card said for use with ps1 on the box. does this mean it shouldnt work with my ps2 at all? becase it isnt. The system is reconizing the card is there, but when i save, the game wont save to the card, even though it says it is saving. Now this card is a genaric brand (hip gear) and is this the reason? (i know i shouldnt get that type...) should i get the cards that are actuly made for ps1?

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

As a former Best Buy employee, I can tell you with a 100% promise, that a Playstation 1 card will only work with a Playstation 1. The same is with Playstation 2 cards. The reason is Playstation 1 and Playstation 2 memory cards are in a different memory pin layout. The Playstation 1 memory cards are usually around a pack of three for five dollars, so they aren't expensive.