.RMVB files?

Stone69_Eyes

My friend came over the other day, and gave me like 10 episodes of my favourite T.V. shows from his USB. The files are (Insert title here).RMVB I want to ask you guys whether this file type is safe and if so does anybody know where I can find a decent player for that file type because WMP and DivX can't run it.

siggy.jpg

^Click Siggy for Blog^

.RMVB is RealMedia Variable Bitrate.

It should be safe, unless your friend put something on there which you wouldn't want to see. :lol:

RealMedia uses that file to view multimedia files.

RealPlayer supports RealMedia and you can get that program at:

http://www.realplayer.com/

Cheers :)

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

get Real Alternative instead. Real player is really bloated and just, in general, sucks. This is much better.

Yeah, when iTunes tried to install tried to install RealPlayer on my computer I removed it. WMV is my choice to go though (The Classic Ones)

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

rmvb files are one of the best for viewing on the computer, beside divx etc...

Yep, the compression-quality ratio is phenomenal in rmvb files. A TV episode can be shrunk to 140mb instead of 350mb and retail the same quality, a 700mb movie shrunk to a 300mb one, etc...

But you really don't want to download RealPlayer which is infested with adware and other installs you don't want.. Just get Real Alternative (as linked above) or just get the windows codecs for RealMedia.

http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

The K-lite is a good codec pack which also includes RealMedia, and doesn't contain bloat/adware.

get Real Alternative instead. Real player is really bloated and just, in general, sucks. This is much better.

You obviously haven't downloaded the latest version. It can download .flv, mp3s, etc. from websites just like that. (For example, YouTube, you just hover your mouse over the video, and it asks you if you want to download it.)

C2b6gs7.png