Dueling Cap, Actually Well Justified

0m3gaknight7

I never thought of it as gambling before. Maybe thats why it seems to be so addicting for many people. I never though of that myself and thats a good strong point in favor of Jagex.

Isn't everything in this game addicting? :-s

Sure, staking might be more addicting than certain other aspects of the game, but how do you define when an aspect in the game is addicting enough to be deleted? Should the Wilderness be deleted? It's very addictive isn't it?

But I'd agree that staking is generally more addicting than most aspects of the game, but as I said, where do you draw the line? And does it really matter if it's money that has the main demand and not levels? If the demand for money in the game is higher than the demand for levels, then so be it, it's almost the same thing. It's opinionated, I personally prefer both balanced, and a lot prefer Skills over money, depends on who you are.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Well you know, they could just limit the game to one hour per day. Eliminates the addicts.

No. I still disagree with Jagex with this 3K limit, its redicolious.

Maybe that's next months update?

P2P offers more and better ways of making money than f2p. That's one of the cons you just have to play with if you don't feel like having 1 bigmac meal less per month.

While this update may help some people curb their addiction, the sad fact is that Jagex is throwing in the towel on trying to stop autoers and real world traders and is deciding to punish everyone. After years of Jagex bragging that they have the situation under control, we get the unlimited stock in Stores update quickly followed by this update.

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

Gambling is where you have no control of the outcome, whilst staking gives you 80% control of the outcome (because of the luck based combat system 20% is knocked off).

That depends a lot on the rules. Annnd...

"S: (n) gambling, gaming, play (the act of playing for stakes in the hope of winning (including the payment of a price for a chance to win a prize))"

The odds have little to do with whether or not something is gambling. Poker for example is highly influenced by skill.

Sure, staking might be more addicting than certain other aspects of the game, but how do you define when an aspect in the game is addicting enough to be deleted? Should the Wilderness be deleted? It's very addictive isn't it?

It is addicting enough to be deleted when players are canceling their memberships and quitting because it takes up too much time.

Apparently pking is not there yet, but wait? Have the odds been lowered? Let's see, fighter torsos, defenders, fire capes, barrows gloves... Maybe they have?

How did the twin thing work?

Like you make a name:

Bob-is-leet

(- is a space)

and then another account

Bob-is--leet

Make the one with 2 spaces total have like ranked defense, so people think you're a noob (if/when they look you up really fast) and then have the one with 3 spaces total have 1 def and be an ownage pure?

oversized.jpg[/bads]

How did the twin thing work?

Like you make a name:

Bob-is-leet

(- is a space)

and then another account

Bob-is--leet

Make the one with 2 spaces total have like ranked defense, so people think you're a noob (if/when they look you up really fast) and then have the one with 3 spaces total have 1 def and be an ownage pure?

om3gaknight7, 0m3gaknight7.

Dueling was a huge source of money for players. Now that it is gone, rares will not be so easy to obtain and dueling will no longer be a huge money maker.

As said before, when dueling was first created, it was meant to be fun and a chance to show off some skill, but now people are abusing the fun and making it a huge contest in which they could make unlimited amounts of money.

Now that the cap is on, dueling will revert back to what it used to be and will be fun with friends or even random strangers. I say it's a good thing in that it will help kids and adults to not spend hours at a time, sitting in front of their computer in order to obtain money.