Basic Willow Cutting/Burning Guide (16 Images)

spudrow

spudrow's Basic Willow Cutting & Burning Guide

F2P & P2P Accessible

Disclaimer:

This guide may or may not have been done before but I'm trying it out my way & sprucing up the appeal to others in hopes that my ways can influence the way you play the game. If this guide has been attempted before by others, please hold all your rude comments and merely ignore this guide. To those that find this guide useful and helps you with the way you play the game, any notion of appreciation is happily accepted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Requirements

tinderbox.png

axes.png

Optional Items

glory.png

Draynor Willows

draynor.png

locale.png

"I prefer to cut at these 2 trees. Why? Well, once one dies, the other one is a click away without any walking. Usually they aren't both gone at the same time & if by chance they are, it won't be long before they return. Pure personal preference; you can cut whichever ones you want to. Continue on to understand my main reasoning for using these 2 willows."

How To

1) Cut enough willows to fill your inventory.

invo.png

2) With your Tinderbox in your inventory, head East towards the Jailhouse.

run.png

3) Click on the exact location as show below:

locale3.png

locale2.png

4) Burn in a straight line without walking to another location:

fire.png

burn.png

5) When you've emptied your inventory, you should be in the exact spot I am, unless you wield your axe which would put you one space to the East (on top of the 2nd fire):

done.png

6) Continue cutting. This is another reason why I cut these 2 tress over the others.

cut.png

Other Advice

If you are merely collecting Willows and not burning them, there is an alternative location for P2Pers. Grab a Games Necklace and head over to Barbarian's Outpost, as show on the map below. Cut the willows and go inside the building to deposit them:

outpost.png

Low levels in fear of those aggressive Jail guards(level-26) when burning by my guide? Never fear, 99% of the time the fence, located on the picture below, blocked them from getting to me. Out of nearly 100 trips, he only reached me once:

guard.png

Thanks for viewing my guide. I hope it made a decent impression and possibly influenced some of you. Be sure to be on the look out for other guides I plan to put out. Any advice, questions or comments? Feel free to post them!

thx.png

dracomagecopy.png

nice not too bad first pos..forgot what i was gonna say

EDIT : i remeberd remember you can wield ur woodcutting axe if your high enough leveld giving yu that all important extra space

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

I personally prefer to cut and burn in Rimmington as there is less competition for logs. Effective guide none the less.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

y_anima"]EDIT : i remeberd remember you can wield ur woodcutting axe if your high enough leveld giving yu that all important extra space

Yes, that's what I wrote on "How To #5". I am not wielding as I'm a mage pure, I'll have to suffer that loss.

dracomagecopy.png

Not good. 2/10

Wow lol, if your going to give an untrue rating at least state why.

Very nice guide, id add a few more spots (like the one near lumby chickens, around the lake. around 11 willow trees there, no one ever cuts though)

7.5/10

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png