A Good Christmas Gift?

Iv_Green_vI

Clearly for her and the reason is for me to show my love for her.

...By singing a song someone else wrote about someone different? I can't follow your logic here mate.

I'm not trying to ridicule for this and, thank smeg, there are still some people out there affectionate and caring enough to try and make an effort for someone (good on you), but I just don't see how singing that will achieve this, if you follow me.

That wouldn't be a good gift. Anyone can cover a song; it would take me 10 minutes to learn "Hey There Delilah" perfectly. That's not much effort for someone you care about. If you want to give her a musical gift, then write her a song. That way it's actually from your heart.

If you're hellbent on doing something lyrical, I truly hope you follow this man's advice.

Do you like constantly ruining other peoples confidence?

It does provide good entertainment for the rest of us :D

Oh man, I was trying to provide constructive criticism on this one :(

I even mentioned it was great that he had the time and affection to do something for her.

...But you know what, hey, I've tried to help. If that ruins your confidence, I give up.

Heck, you must have meant that subliminally because I didn't catch it. Now that you say it I feel like an [wagon].

Iv Green vI.png

hawtzo5.png

Well hello everyone, I've been playing guitar/singing for about 5 years now. What my question is, Would singing "Hey There Delilah" To my Girlfriend be a good gift? I've never been nervous about singing in front of people, but I want this to be perfect. It's a bit nerve racking.. Please post your opinions..

Not my kind of music but I'd say she'd like it, if that's the kind of music she likes. Nice thought other than just something material.

:XD:

@LP: Funny stuff. :lol:

Seriously i hate it...

I was going to go eat at Applebees once and they were playing it when I walked in... I left as soon as I heard it.

:XD:

@LP: Funny stuff. :lol:

Seriously i hate it...

I was going to go eat at Applebees once and they were playing it when I walked in... I left as soon as I heard it.

Yeah, I know you were being serious. I love how you just posted it in such a frank way that made it funny. I don't know, that's what I think.

Applebee's has crap food anyway. Try Chili's. :wink:

^ Another alfredo fan! I tried Applebee's alfredo dish there. It tasted like dry strips of plastic with butter and very bad cheese drenched all over it to make it taste better. I don't know, maybe it was the cooks there. Try their grilled shrimp alfredo over at Chili's. And their ribs. Can't forget about the ribs. =P~

Night.