A Good Christmas Gift?

Iv_Green_vI

Well hello everyone, I've been playing guitar/singing for about 5 years now. What my question is, Would singing "Hey There Delilah" To my Girlfriend be a good gift? I've never been nervous about singing in front of people, but I want this to be perfect. It's a bit nerve racking.. Please post your opinions..

Iv Green vI.png

hawtzo5.png

GIMME DAT SAM PUL.

I don't record my music, I play at parties/camp fires, family reunions and such

Careful what you sing, if its too romantic, she might think your about to propose :shock:

As for you, I'm 16 she's 15 we've only been dating for 2 months. I'm sure she'll think otherwise lol

Iv Green vI.png

hawtzo5.png

Hey there Delilah isn't a very good song. If she really likes that song, or her name is Delilah it might be different, though.

To bad it won the award for best national song.. :-k

Source?

Personally, I don't think you can win with this one. Just get her a proper gift, don't skimp out on some wishy washy stuff for someone you've dated for only 2 months.

And that's before we even get on to your song of choice, ooooh boy.

Hey there Delilah isn't a very good song. If she really likes that song, or her name is Delilah it might be different, though.

Source?

Personally, I don't think you can win with this one. Just get her a proper gift, don't skimp out on some wishy washy stuff for someone you've dated for only 2 months.

Trust me I'm no cheap guy, I was raised to treat a girl better than that.

Iv Green vI.png

hawtzo5.png

Source?

I think gifts like this are fantastic. I mean, anyone can stroll into a store and pick up a gift, or buy a voucher. Writing then having the guts to perform a song shows that you put a lot of effort in and really care about the person it's for.

Just to be safe though, I'd buy her a little something too ;)

Harrington.gif

Source?

I'm not saying you are, I just think the whole concept of singing a song is. For me, there must be quite a significant reason for doing a gesture of that kind and, from what we've been told, there really isn't one.

Which leads me to question, who are you really doing this for? For her or yourself?

That wouldn't be a good gift. Anyone can cover a song; it would take me 10 minutes to learn "Hey There Delilah" perfectly. That's not much effort for someone you care about. If you want to give her a musical gift, then write her a song. That way it's actually from your heart.

summerpngwy6.jpg

Source?

I'm not saying you are, I just think the whole concept of singing a song is. For me, there must be quite a significant reason for doing a gesture of that kind and, from what we've been told, there really isn't one.

Which leads me to question, who are you really doing this for? For her or yourself?

Clearly for her and the reason is for me to show my love for her.

Iv Green vI.png

hawtzo5.png

If she really likes the song, then it's certainly sweet. ^_^ But, don't make it so that it's your ONLY gift. :P

Absolutely not! :P

Good. :D I don't expect someone to spend ungodly amounts of money on me... but if it's one thing I can't stand, it's a cheap man. :P

3898000bYVcx.png

Singing to your girl is never a bad idea, if it comes from your heart.

Of you really love her, and mean to sing it for it, it doesn't even matter if you can sing or not, she'll appreciate you doing something like that for her!

Go for it :)

Clanleader of the Guardians Of Fate.

gof-sig.gif

...By singing a song someone else wrote about someone different? I can't follow your logic here mate.

I'm not trying to ridicule for this and, thank smeg, there are still some people out there affectionate and caring enough to try and make an effort for someone (good on you), but I just don't see how singing that will achieve this, if you follow me.

That wouldn't be a good gift. Anyone can cover a song; it would take me 10 minutes to learn "Hey There Delilah" perfectly. That's not much effort for someone you care about. If you want to give her a musical gift, then write her a song. That way it's actually from your heart.

If you're hellbent on doing something lyrical, I truly hope you follow this man's advice.

...By singing a song someone else wrote about someone different? I can't follow your logic here mate.

I'm not trying to ridicule for this and, thank smeg, there are still some people out there affectionate and caring enough to try and make an effort for someone (good on you), but I just don't see how singing that will achieve this, if you follow me.

If you're hellbent on doing something lyrical, I truly hope you follow this man's advice.

Do you like constantly ruining other peoples confidence?

Iv Green vI.png

hawtzo5.png

It does provide good entertainment for the rest of us :D

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

It does provide good entertainment for the rest of us :D

Oh man, I was trying to provide constructive criticism on this one :(

I even mentioned it was great that he had the time and affection to do something for her.

...But you know what, hey, I've tried to help. If that ruins your confidence, I give up.