What I've been up to...

unknowz

Well recently I ventured in the world of digital painting.

I don't own a tablet, so I do it with a mouse, and I use GIMP

This is my latest, it took around 1h30.

From scratch, no ref (maybe I could use some), except the costume is inspired of Nika in GW: factions.

assassinnt9.png

You can also see my progress in the past 2 weeks.

[hide]zilyanascamt7.png[/hide]

[hide]knightou9.png[/hide]

borderedsh0ai8uxj5.png

Thanks To:reddawn509, Hoopster211, JacobRyan, navyplaya, bigsword33, Ferahgo28, speedofsound, Goldwolflord, unknowz, GonAndGary and born2die

Not bad.

But work on the anatomy, on your latest- her bottom half is much bigger than the top, and it looks disproportioned.

Either widen the shoulders and make the arms longer and a bit thicker, or shrink the legs from the hips downwards. Also, the stance of her legs looks... strange.

spacescenev24.jpg

Now that you mention it... at first it was the upper half that was too large, I guess I overdone the fixing.

borderedsh0ai8uxj5.png

Thanks To:reddawn509, Hoopster211, JacobRyan, navyplaya, bigsword33, Ferahgo28, speedofsound, Goldwolflord, unknowz, GonAndGary and born2die

As others have said, work on anatomy, but that isn't my biggest problem with it.

It lacks depth. Like, completely and utterly. The attempts at shading just didn't work. You can't just go in gradients from all the edges; you have to conform them to the body to make it jump out at you. What I'm saying is, the shading can't have the same gradient and the same width on both sides of the figure. That defeats its own purpose. You did the best on the legs, but the rest is just flat and dull.

Add a background as well, that will help.

p2gq.jpg