P2p mage, too powerful?

Bnaped

charge = 2100+ gp a cast

Sara strike = 1400+ gp to cast

Teleblock = ~800 gp to cast

Entangle = 1600+ gp to cast

It would be an insult if mages weren't this powerful. No other class is so wasteful while they pk, none

You have to piss away all that money trying to kill someone for full rune. If someone is throwing away all this money for each attack, why shouldn't they be doing above average damage?

a person with a maul can, for free, hit a 26 on me. I should be able to hit 30s considering what I'm wasting just to do it. Not to mention the 17,000,000 gp I spent to get 85 magic.

And you make it sound like warriors stand no chance. A lot of people get away from me since I get interupted by monsters a lot since sara strike isn't auto cast. And people pray, entangle fails, there's lots of ways to survive a magician.

I cast 15 sara strikes then entangle fails and the dude gets away, well there's about 60k down the crapper :lol: The only people I absolutely massacre are those who aren't ready for an attack and are more than 13 levels lower than me. I often 1 or 3 hit them

yeah thats true....

• 2 weeks later...

like ive said before, most of the wild prays on site of a mage so it evens it out

mage is the most expensive skill, it takes over 50 mil to get 94 mage and how much does it take to get all 99s in melee? about 200kand then how much does it cost per hit for melee? about 0 gp. if anything mages arent powerful enough because of the cost, half of the time when i go mage pking people pray from me and get away and i just wasted a ton of bloods

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

the bind spells are the stupidest thing jagex has ever come up with except for slayer

LOL, slayer introduced so many new items, and bind spells are fine except for the one that holds for 15 seconds(cant remember for the life of me the name).

I do think p2p mages are two power full because i was in wild one day and a p2p mage killed me in 4 hits and i have 40 hitpoints.
i hope that was a joke.. on f2p i could kill you in 4 hits with fire bolt

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

When I mage pk, I bring 200 bloods, 800 fire, 800 air, 160 nats, 200 earth, 200 water, 30 death, 30 chaos, 30 death. On top of that I bring abby whip, ssp, sap, pray pot, energy pot, full mystic, splitbark top, sara staff god cape etc. How is that not expensive? It should be powerful because mages risk so much. Also it's the only class where people protect pray like newbs on sight. *oops a mage* *protect from mage* then I get out abby whip and hit some 34's on them. :wink:

Anyway, mage should own, because you risk more.

Magic is not overpowered, the more powerful spells not only cost a helluva a lot but they take time to cast. Plus they're not guaranteed to hit.

Domovoi123-Level 80 f2p

Noxious 0ne-Level 46 f2p

Is it just me or is members magic way to powerful. I mean, you could kill someone without them ever having a chance, i dont think that is fair. After seeing dozens of pk videos with ppl maging, i have come to the conclusion that magic is far to powerful.

You could just be minding your own business training at greens when a mage comes. Bam telle blocked. You try to run, bam entangled. Now he shoots a hella lot of spells ( Dont know what the new staff spells are called, but ive heard they are quite powerfull ) your untangled and you try to run, bam entangled again. Then your dead.

Did you even have a chance to defend yourself?

well i hope someone agrees with me.

Well if the p2p mage is too powerful just get f2p. :D

I don't think mages are overpowered however the mages which have the ability to use the ancient spells - the level 84 magic spell and the level 94 magic spell are quite powerful.

I met a level 90 ancient staff caster who had 84 magic and was wearing full splitbark armour. I'm level 122 and I was wearing full black dragonhide with 99 defence and 94 magic (both acts as magic defence). I was also using the magic protect prayer with all of this I very nearly died to the mage because the entangle on the spell lasted for a good 15 seconds everytime this was cast I was entangled for 15 seconds and it was cast about once every second so for me to get away I'm guessing the mage had to fail 15 times in a row, which fortunetly for me he did and I got away with no food and 50hp.

Even though I believe this is very powerful I don't think this is overpowered as if I had been a ranger I would of quite easily beat him as he would of had to eat food as I could attack him from a distance. This is just improving the Pking triangle.

I must admit you are quite unlucky or I am. Entangle spell fails 4 times from every 5 cast on hides by me, and my magic is 87 :?

And it doesn't last 15 seconds as far as I noticed... If he/she failed 15 times in a row, what were you doing? Mage would be dead failing only 5 times in a row. And another one thing entangle doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t work on already entangled guy, it has to wear off to be entangled again.

ice spells at lvl 84 entangle for 15 secs. the 94 spell entangles for 20 secs. i dunno how it works, but every once in a while, ur let free no matter wat. therefore, they arent completely overpowering, but they can easily kill melers with ancients, but are easily beaten by rangers. simply bringing back the pking triangle.

R.I.P. Shiva

charge = 2100+ gp a cast

Sara strike = 1400+ gp to cast

Teleblock = ~800 gp to cast

Entangle = 1600+ gp to cast

It would be an insult if mages weren't this powerful. No other class is so wasteful while they pk, none

ok make the cost of runes less an magic power less problem sovled but i have 99 range and i get own by lvl 80 magers with the zaros staffs and ys magic is way over powuful

whip is awesome, kay :lol:

but how can u say its balanced the triangle,its what, 8 mill now?

and a mage comes, with the sara god spells,takes away ur prayer, boom loose a whip, how's that for fair?

and yeah, i know magic is exspensive, but i mean, pked witha w hip, and u already loose 8 mill, its sick :oops:

btw rangers loose what, 100k?

while mages and meele's risk millions, rangers can own and risk 100k? i think they should make the range bow/equipment more expensive, therefore it is just as big of a risk as meele/mage, ( but meele is still riskier) :roll: