Enlighten Me...

Recksash

I have never had the pleasure of playing Runescape Classic. I've heard a lot of things about it, and seen a few screenshots. But my question is: was the pking system fundamentaly from RS2? And is it was, how so? Did it require actual skill and not just bringing the right items? I've always wanted to know.

Thanks!

-Reck

Recksash.png

Politics,n. Strife of interests masquerading as a conflict of principles. -Ambrose Bierce

Barrow drops:

Verac's Helm

For F2P:

There wasn't really a combat triangle, you could use magic while wearing rune armour, and it didn't effect your spells, same goes for ranged.

Next, all weapons had the same speed, so everyone used a rune two hander.

The skill of PKing consited of "catching". Catching ment you sort of went a bit faster then your opponent and "caught" him, this was done by a combination of timing and clicking in the right spot, mixed together with your connection speed.

Seeing RSC had the 3 round system, meaning, you couldn't run for 3 rounds, the ability to hit often and high was very important. Also, it ment you could only eat after those 3 rounds were over, so if you were able to hit 3x20, and then catch your opponent, he wouldn't of been able to fully heal.

^ Explained it really well.

There was no crush, stab and all that. Only different combat styles of controlled (+1 to str, atk and def), aggressive (+3 str), acccurate (+3 atk) and defense (+3 def). They barely made any difference whilst in combat anyway.

You could be impure or pure. Pures have loads of different definitions, such as no prayer and no mage; no mage, but you could have prayer; hits level above combat level and so fourth. Whatever the definition, it was mainly having no magic. Pures only were effective to a certain level, however, really because once you went higher level, mage was needed whilst pking to keep wasting down food quicker.

Most real pkers pked on f2p, unlike rs2 where it seems p2p is where it's at. Inventorys usually consisted of:

Rune 2h,

Rune large,

Rune plate/chain,

Rune legs,

Ruby/diam ammy,

Fire, air and death/chaos,

Reg str pot,

21 lobs/swordies.

When you engage in combat, you have a system called the 3-round system. You'd hit your opponent, receive a hit, hit opponent, receive a hit, hit opponent and then they could run.

Eating was basically the same as rs2, but I haven't played it since its beta so I'm assuming it's a lot quicker than rs2's eating.

'Catching' was the main skill involved in pking. When your opponent ran, you clicked in his running direction and waited for around 3 seconds (the time it took the engage in another 3 rounds of combat), click attack (as long as you were 1-2 squares behind on the same, or parallel running path) and then you'd 'catch' the player. It's a hard concept to grasp by typing words but search youtube for it and you'll find some videos of it.

That's the main gist of it. :)

Rs1 - X dsp x (84 pure plate) - Retired a long time ago

Thanks, this helps me a lot. ^-^

I saw some videos on youtube and now I have a good idea what it is you're talking about.

-Reck

Recksash.png

Politics,n. Strife of interests masquerading as a conflict of principles. -Ambrose Bierce

Barrow drops:

Verac's Helm