Anyone have 2 gigs of ram

Yeah.. I've got 2 gigs of Corsair running on mine.. but not two sticks of 1024.. I've got 4 sticks of 512MB.

There was no performance increase from 1 GB dual channel to 2 GB dual channel. But, as of this date, I have picked up 2 women because of it. So the moral of the story is: RAM gets you women.

(In all seriousness, it wasn't worth the money.)

Like Rease said, there is no direct performance gain. If the programs you are using don't need more than 1024mB, no furhter amounts will help. You might be able to use 2048mB if you use programs like Photoshop and 3D Studio Max with extremely large and draining projects. But usually, more RAM than 1024mB is pointless.

Yeah.. I've got 2 gigs of Corsair running on mine.. but not two sticks of 1024.. I've got 4 sticks of 512MB.

There was no performance increase from 1 GB dual channel to 2 GB dual channel. But, as of this date, I have picked up 2 women because of it. So the moral of the story is: RAM gets you women.

(In all seriousness, it wasn't worth the money.)

Sorry for the spam but that made me literally laugh out loud.

Well, if you have 2gigs of RAM, basically too much the performance that that dishes out would be (At the highest available products) Dual 6800 Ultras.. and A FX-56 (Wait, those don't even match it!)

Interesting topic, I have 2x512 MB RAM on Dual Channel too and I was thinking about getting another 2x512MB RAM with a descenable Graphics card or to get no extra RAM and a great Graphics card :P

What should I do according to you?

Jens14.png

sigoriginal.jpg

Interesting topic, I have 2x512 MB RAM on Dual Channel too and I was thinking about getting another 2x512MB RAM with a descenable Graphics card or to get no extra RAM and a great Graphics card :P

What should I do according to you?

Unless you do intend have a use for the additional RAM, I would get a better graphics card.

Compiling big software programs (*cough* mozilla.org stuff *cough*) can see a performance gain when using more RAM, even in situations when you already have above-average RAM (1GB is still above average, even though it's not all that unusual anymore). Other than that, usually the performance gain won't be noticeable at all. So as said, it wouldn't be worth the money. Maybe later, when there are actually normal programs that use such amounts of memory. :)

proud holder of 1024..... which of ive never gone higher then 976.... my buddy has 2x1024 and .... sadly...... he has gone higher then 1024, he lkes to run a couple servers, along with work in programs like bryce, photoshop, ect........ i wonder about his sanity :cry: