The point of training cooking and herblore?

Karvinen

I did not say that I didn't appreciate the ultimate availability of the grand exchange.

I used to train herblore for money. I could buy ranaar or unids for cheaper than what I could make the potions for.

Now with the grand exchange, it is much more worth my while to just sell them.

For example, a few months ago ranaars were going for around 6k, and prayer pots were selling for like 7.5k.

That was a 1.5k profit if you collected the vials and snape grasses. Now I can make 5.5-6k by just collecting ranaar and selling them.

In one hour yesterday, I made 125k just killing fleshies and keeping the herbs and fire runes. I would fill up, tele to varrock and put them on the ge.

125k for about 30k of strength experience. Why would I want to train herblore (which was my money making skill), when I can make more money selling the herbs.

Removing the unid herbs and the grand exchange has eliminated the purpose of herblore for me.

The only reason that there was a 1.5k profit per ranarr was because it took time to sell and people didn't bother selling. You weren't getting money from herblore at all, you were getting money from standing around and selling stuff.

Besides, if you're seeking for money in herblore, seek elsewhere. It's not that kind of skill.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

if u wanna earn money on skilling then mine something or smelt bars(not rune or mith) or maybe merch, but cooking and herblore isnt everything u loose on.. btw maybe some ppl likes cooking and herblore

Best f2p crafter. (I hope)

95m+ bank since february 2009

Crafting with friends in w61 - Al-Kharid

http://www.pointblog.dk/?go=krat(only 1 time per 24 hours per person.. I did'nt make these rules, so don't flame me)

I never used to have a problem buying or selling herbs and making a profit. Now however it just isn't worth it to me to power through it. I may train it some, but that is just because there are so few people with a herblore skill cape.

felter_laur.png

Is clicking fun?

Getting the skillcape is the only fun.

Some of us have fun training the skill, aru

Which scares me. Why do you punctuate your sentences with "aru"?

Because i can :)

There are other reasons but it would take to long to explain (Not to mention it would be off topic-and i do that enough as it is, aru)

You dare question my eccentricities?

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~