closed

limpxbizkid

Dev uses mingw which is just a windows port of gcc. If you're getting erorrs in dev, it's your fault. Chances are you aren't up to date on the newest standards. Post some code you can't fix and we can look at it.

If you're getting erorrs in dev, it's your fault. Chances are you aren't up to date on the newest standards.

im jsut enquiring about compilers, not coding advice. the reasonn i got a particular error was because of dev, not me (reasons im not willing to go into).

battletrax although i appreciate ur advice reguarding gcc, can u aviod posting about code (i spose i wasnt originally clear about it, but i am doing so now).

limpxbizkid.png

i+r+newblet.png

If you're getting erorrs in dev, it's your fault. Chances are you aren't up to date on the newest standards.

im jsut enquiring about compilers, not coding advice. the reasonn i got a particular error was because of dev, not me (reasons im not willing to go into).

battletrax although i appreciate ur advice reguarding gcc, can u aviod posting about code (i spose i wasnt originally clear about it, but i am doing so now).

Actually I thought it was quite informative to let you know that gcc won't work for you either.

Actually I thought it was quite informative to let you know that gcc won't work for you either.

yea, im am grateful telling me that gcc wont work, but saying that errors on dev isnt really necessary, coz i wasnt.

neways thx x76 for the list. my question is officially answered.

limpxbizkid.png

i+r+newblet.png

You'll be surprised to hear this, but Microsoft offers a free C compiler. You just don't get any IDE with it. It's the same compiler that ships with Visual C++, so it's fairly good ;)

pffffffffffffffffffffffffffft!

DONT CHANGE THE TITLE TO CLOSED! This is the reason edit posts options were banned from this forum for ages. How will someone be able to search the boards for a similar problem if you delete the question. :evil:

Please put it back and just add [solved] to the end or something.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12