Broken Link

actually there's just not enough text after the jade minivine thing for it to be at the top of the page ... so that's as close as I could get ya.

Sorry. >.<

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

how about you like add some stuff pics, exemples etc etc so you can actually put it somewere

EDIT: woot 100th post

3 Dragon Claws, 60+ Barrows items, 2/4 Gwd Hilts(Bgw & Agw)

Quest Cape, Woodcutting Cape, Cooking Cape, Fletching Cape, Prayer Cape and Hitpoints Cape.

I'm always happy to include pictures that aid players in finding something or doing something ... but we try to avoid pics just for the sake of decoration. The one pic in this guide shows a vine to swing on (and the pic is horribly large at 100K cos I couldn't find anyone with software to reduce the file without turning it into oatmeal. :()

Please always feel free to post pictures (originals that you've taken yourself, never from another fansite or the Jagex Manual) and suggest that we add them. We'll be delighted to use helpful pictures and credit you.

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

i got my qp cape, and back to my roots was my last quest so i havent really gotten around to trying the mini game, but when i do try it ill post some pics up i guess.....

Quest Cape, Woodcutting Cape, Cooking Cape, Fletching Cape, Prayer Cape and Hitpoints Cape.

oh, your intention just dawned on me. Because I put the Jade Vine mini-game text in a "hide" blue box, it's unlikely that anything would appear below it to "push" it up on the page.

The pics I'd like to have for this quest would be a shot of Ardy showing the Market square and the mansion, and one of Karamja showing the location of the vine maze with respect to nature altar and shilo village.

But getting those pics reduced to a small enough size for the website it another story entirely. I do not own the software to do this, and I can't find anyone who has both the software and the ability and the willingness to do it. :(

the pics of ardy square and th jungle vine thing, you mean like a world map, or something?

2, like you mean make the picture smaller?

1. yes like the world map, only a small section of it to show the area, nothing big.

2. this requires software like Photoshop. The former crewbie who used to do this would take a file and "optimize" the colors in the picture to reduce the FILE SIZE ... so instead of being 100Kb (which is what a GIF of a full game screen is), it becomes 30Kb *WITHOUT* losing any picture quality. It's very tricky and I wouldn't begin to know how it is actually done. It simply cannot be done in MS Paint. ;)

ive got photoshop on my comp somewere ill try and figure it out, dont use photoshop that much, but i know people who do

2. this requires software like Photoshop. The former crewbie who used to do this would take a file and "optimize" the colors in the picture to reduce the FILE SIZE ... so instead of being 100Kb (which is what a GIF of a full game screen is), it becomes 30Kb *WITHOUT* losing any picture quality. It's very tricky and I wouldn't begin to know how it is actually done. It simply cannot be done in MS Paint. ;)

I can try tinkering with my software to try and do that, but either way, here is a copy of that image at about 35kb by using JPEG quality adjustment (this is 85%).

EDIT: Doh... forgot the image.

Pq4iOhkJ.jpg

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

1. yes like the world map, only a small section of it to show the area, nothing big.

It simply cannot be done AT ALL.

GIF supports 256 colors... period. You WILL lose quality if the image has more than 256 colors (and most RS screenshots do) and there's nothing Photoshop can do as it's a limitation of the file format.

I'm sorry, but using PHP's output buffering to insert filters for IE <= 6 with PNG images is the way to go.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

I can try tinkering with my software to try and do that, but either way, here is a copy of that image at about 35kb by using JPEG quality adjustment (this is 85%).

The pic you posted is perfect - I've added it to the guide. I could swear that when composing this guide a crewbie attempted to do a reduced filesize pic, but it came out noticeably fuzzy/blurry on the lettering. Don't recall who it was. But again, this one you've just done is great - thanks so much!!

zxzxzxzx99, that pic has the right things showing in it - the market and the house. It would need to say "Ardougne" and have the quest area (the mansion front garden where the vine plot is) circled or something ...

Jard - thanks for providing info. I didn't say it had to be a GIF ... just said the GIF that I made was too big. Like I said, I have no idea how that reducing colours thing works ... I think it is done in PNG files but I couldn't say for sure. *waves hands*

As for the php thing you said ... it's right over my head, lol. Will have to leave for someone knowledgeable to respond.

Jard - thanks for providing info. I didn't say it had to be a GIF ... just said the GIF that I made was too big. Like I said, I have no idea how that reducing colours thing works ... I think it is done in PNG files but I couldn't say for sure. *waves hands*

Actually, conversions to '.gif' should be avoided on in-game screenshots. It would ruin the image otherwise. The '.jpg' file format is honestly the most optimal, if not '.png', for full-size images that you need max-detail on, in part because of the fact that these images are already like photos in some aspect, especially due to their rendering color depth (usually 16-bit, I think)... :-k

Also, there is a free image editing suite that is highly recommended and should be able to do such a thing, known as GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) you can download and try to use if you're feeling adventurous. Their main site is http://www.gimp.org/ (Link is safe, I don't lie.) and the program is open-source and free. Enjoy taking a shot in the dark with it if you decide to, let me know what ya think. ::' ... I'm probably gonna have to move to it when my family and I move to linux. Hopefully, I'll like it too. :P

Hope all this info helps. :)

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.