Sorcerer magic

constanti

Hello, my idea is that magic is split up into two magics, the old magic skill in rune magic and the new magic skill in sorcerer magic, sorcerer magic gives a complete new spellbook with new spells, this magic isn't powered by the ancient magic in runes, but it's powered by the magic within yourself

When you cast a spell as a sorcerer you don't take up runes, but you lose some mana points (you have mana points equal to your sorcerer level)

The more powerful the spell, the more mana it costs, you can only get access to a certain spell, if your sorcerer level is high enough, even if you do have the mana required to cast the spell

You don't have to buy runes for this magic, but when your mana isn't high enough, you can't cast the spell, mana restores slowly over time

I don't have ideas for new spells yet

Post your feedback please

Would be interesting but isnt mana from warcraft? and other games? but i kinda like the idea its better then wasting the money buying runes but to recharge the mana does it rechage by it self or do u have to go somewhere or do u drinking a potion

Think this out more :D

i would like something like this, mabye it would use a small part of your special bar? or have a mana bar replacing the spec bar when you wear a staff, anyway it would have to be rather weak spells, like the level equivilant of a wave would be as powerful as a blast or something

Small Children Scared Count:3

22dr.jpg

Many games use mana, so why not runescape, but the word mana wont be mentioned at all, the skill will just be called sorcerer magic or similiar and you see your current points on the left and your maximum points at the right, just like prayer, but instead, it won't be drained over time but in one shot

And it recharges over time, much slower then hitpoints, because of this the spells don't need to be made not so good, because combat is also priceless and strong, I also wanted a whole new spell list

But it don't need to be made to strong, all new skills shouldn't be strong, they can be adjusted any time

And your mana points, you maybe can restore it with a potion, but the potion won't be cheap, and maybe the rapid restore prayer also affects the restore rate of your mana points

I don't think it's a bad idea, but I don't think JAGeX would do this. They make skills like magic and herblore hard to raise for a reason. If it did happen, it would have to be counterbalanced to the way magic is now.

lpinkus

I don't think it's a bad idea, but I don't think JAGeX would do this. They make skills like magic and herblore hard to raise for a reason. If it did happen, it would have to be counterbalanced to the way magic is now.

lpinkus

How's magic hard to train? Click, poof, level.

And with the massive new magic update we just have, and the merging of good and evil magic years ago, I really can't see this happening.

How's magic hard to train? Click, poof, level.

You left out an important step: ACQUIRE RUNES, click, poof, level, acquire runes, click...etc. I'm not complaining that magic and other skills are hard to raise, that's the way it should be.

lpinkus

They should have some free spells at the highest levels that temporarily lower your magic level. There should be similar benefits for the other skills

At any rate, when I first started in rsc, I preferred the idea of an mp system, but I like this one better thematically now

I don't know how ancient magic works, I think you need runes for it too, just like other magic

But anyway your runemagic skill also boosts ancient magic, that there is a new spellbook doesn't mean that it's another magic

Sorcerer magic is your own personal magical powers you possess, the more powerful and controlled you are, the better you are in this magic, runemagic is the knowledge to reshape the magical power of the ancient temples powering the runes, from runes into spells

I've already thought out some spells, my idea was to make them spells, which you can do at any level, but the more mana you invest, the stronger the spell will be

x=mana invested

Cure wounds, you can cure x wounds

Smite foe, you can add up to 1/2 x damage to your next blow, IF it hits

Comet crush, from the target square, a comet makes impact in a random square near the traget square, it does up to x damage, creatures, that you normally can't atatck are not affected

Fire ball, you do up to 1/3 x damage, and the target burns 1-4 rounds afterwards for up to 1/10 x damage

Waterfall, you do up to 1/3 x damage, and all affectable creatures within range will be pushed away by the water 5-10 squares from the target

Avalanche, you do up to 1/3 x damage, and all affectable creatures within 3-6 distance from the target will be affected by the impact and cannot move or attack for 5 seconds

Wind storms, you do up to 1/3 x damage, and the target is blown away in a random direction until it hits an object or affectable creature, when it hits an object, it gets up to 1/10 x damage, and when it is blown into an affectable creature, both get up to 1/10 x damage

When you cast a spell you always get experience multiplied by the mana used, when it fails, you only get half the experience you would get

You can only restore mana in a natural way, and restore stats prayer boosts the rate and a super stat restore potion will give you back all your mana, in this way you can't intensively train sorcerer magic, or pay alot money to potions

Curse item, the item is cursed and when you have equipped it it will lower down your stats with y, after you have unequipped it, this effect will stay for z minutes, the total mana invested (x) is y multiplied by z

When the effect of the curse has vanished, you have unquipped it after z minutes, you start to restore your stats at the same rate after you have been cursed, weakened or confused, prayers or potions increase the speed of this process, but when you are still under the curse these don't work

Curses vanish after a week

You can cast a new curse on a object, but you must invest equal or more mana then the old curse, else nothing will happen, an effective way to remove a curse is to write down 0 in y or z

You can only cast a curse on an object which you can equip, cursed objects are tradable and you can never see that you've been cursed, except if you look at your stats

Always be on your guard when you equip a newly picked item or bought a new item, because they can bear a very powerful curse which could kill you instantly when they have 98 invested in y, somebody with 99 hitpoints would surely survive

You can't check whether an object is cursed, or you'll have to try it out

I'll think of new spells, what do you think?

Guest r3dh3adkid

you would get experience for each time you cast the spell?

if thats how u get exp then its gunna take forever to get 99 >_<

there neets to be pots to restore mana or something

Yes this skill can't be trained intensively, but a spell would give experience depending on it's mana used, but super stat restore potions do restore mana, and the restore stat prayer does influence mana, but it will take mich time to get to 99, and that's my meaning

Anybody has an idea for a sorcerer spell?

Please add it

Comet crush isn't good so it's removed,

Avalanche only shakens the target, and he fights with lower accuracy for 10 seconds,

Waterfall pushes the only the target in a random direction for 3-6 squares, and if he hits a solid object, he will recieve 1/8 x damage,

Wind storms pushes the target in a line away from the caster, and he will be pushed until he hits a solid onject, and then he recieves 1/10x damage

How about a master system? Instead of ALWAYS having to use runes, you could eventually master a spell? this would work along the lines of using runes until you master the spell. Then you could instead use mana points instead of runes.

Live and Learn.