Default Java

Shadowman301

My default java got deleted off my comp and I can't find a place to dl it from. I have to play rs using SUN JAVA which sucks. That's the only java I can use too. I've been to java.com and dled all their junk but I can't seem to find where I can dl the original java for runescape. I tried system restore but apperently that doesn't work to. Can any1 show me a link or tell me a way to restore/install the java?

:arrow: Thanks.

people say that microsoft java is better but i find sun java worrks 100% no lag on ma comp. if u want mocrosoft java virtual machine. go to goole.com and ype in msjavx86 and go to the links there and download it

If configured properly like is detailed in the Stockied post SUN Java runs fine. If you MUST use MSJava then be prepared to get viruses.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

BTW, since I reinstalled windows and now have MS Java...

Is it just me, or do all the loading screens take a long time for the first and second times there?

*would hate to go into wildy with a currently 20 second load for new sections =\ *

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

If configured properly like is detailed in the Stockied post SUN Java runs fine. If you MUST use MSJava then be prepared to get viruses.

I use the MS VM, works just fine for me.... but sun java lags the hell out of my machine, still have no idea why.

And no runesmithe, I don't have that problem

But, I would like to know If I can stil DOWNLOAD THE DEFAULT APPLET JAVA REQUIRED TO PLAY RUNESCAPE?

There is no default java to download lol. The default is whatever you set it as :roll: http://www.java.com

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

lol well you obviously ARE stupid because look at this screenshot...

java5zu.png

SUN Java = Ticked

MSVM = Not ticked

Therefor SUN Java = Default. If i click default then Runescape loads in SUN Java.

I think you need to have a read of this...

Sticky: Problems using java for playing runescape ? Look here...

SUN Java runs PERFECTLY without lag and all options. I have it configured up right and have NEVER had problems. The MSJava contains critical exploits for viruses and keyloggers to self install onto your PC. You will not find a link to get this java version on these forums. Even Microsoft isnt allowed to distribute it anymore.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

hmmm...let's see moron this is how my thing looks and I still get the same error thing!

! :x sdfsd9ap.jpg

Thats because youve got SUN Java AND MSJava ticked. It doesnt know which one id default. Thanks for the insult. I will help you no more on this thread.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

hmmm...let's see moron this is how my thing looks and I still get the same error thing!

! :x sdfsd9ap.jpg

Thats because youve got SUN Java AND MSJava ticked. It doesnt know which one id default. Thanks for the insult. I will help you no more on this thread.

Lol... so funny. He insults you and then posts a picture basically prooving that either he didn't read the sticky he was told to multiple times or can't comprehend directions...

And merc, yes sun java does lag on certain boxes and I believe it has to do with the BIOS on certain mobo's and yes, there are flaws with the MS VM, but I have yet to see anyone attempt to exploit it, and even in the case that some one would I feel like I am adiquitly prepared :wink:

SUN Java runs PERFECTLY without lag and all options. I have it configured up right and have NEVER had problems. The MSJava contains critical exploits for viruses and keyloggers to self install onto your PC. You will not find a link to get this java version on these forums. Even Microsoft isnt allowed to distribute it anymore.

When you use the MS Java VM, updates for it show up in Windows Update (there has been at least one that I know of). Last time I checked, support for it will continue until 2006. Which means possible exploits will get/are fixed. Plus who's to say the Sun one doesn't have exploits ? Maybe as-of-yet undiscovered ones ?

When you use the MS Java VM, updates for it show up in Windows Update (there has been at least one that I know of). Last time I checked, support for it will continue until 2006. Which means possible exploits will get/are fixed. Plus who's to say the Sun one doesn't have exploits ? Maybe as-of-yet undiscovered ones ?

Well, at least ByteVerify won't get you, will it? :)

Either way, SUN *invented* JAVA. It's a) highly unlikely their implementation will have that many flaws still (as it's been around a lot longer than MS's) and B) Microsoft is, by law forbidden to distribute their Java, as Merc said. So, while they may continue giving updates for people who still use it, I wouldn't count on it.

Might I suggest you stop being a moron yourself, insulting the regulars (also my friends) around here? It's not going to help you get help if you just act like a jerk (and a fool, since you're not reading what they're telling you to read).

Well, at least ByteVerify won't get you, will it? :)

Either way, SUN *invented* JAVA. It's a) highly unlikely their implementation will have that many flaws still (as it's been around a lot longer than MS's) and B) Microsoft is, by law forbidden to distribute their Java, as Merc said. So, while they may continue giving updates for people who still use it, I wouldn't count on it.

MS patched against ByteVerify. :P

Oh I'm not saying the MS VM is better, just that support is still on-going. And I'm also saying that not much is ever 100 % safe, Sun, MS or anybody else. ;)

Oh I'm not saying the MS VM is better, just that support is still on-going. And I'm also saying that not much is ever 100 % safe, Sun, MS or anybody else. ;)

MS said they patched against ByteVerify over 2 years ago. I have all updates on my parents pc but no SUN Java so i have to use MSJava. Yet i still get ByteVerify warnings which my AV deletes. Go MS! ;)

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

MS said they patched against ByteVerify over 2 years ago. I have all updates on my parents pc but no SUN Java so i have to use MSJava. Yet i still get ByteVerify warnings which my AV deletes. Go MS! ;)

Sigh...

What MS did: close the exploit used by ByteVerify.

What happens when a java applet containing ByteVerify is loaded ? Nothing, because it can't exploit the security hole anymore. But ByteVerify is still there and loaded. The MS Java VM doesn't actually remove it, it's not its job.

What does your antivirus do ? It doesn't care whether you have a patched VM or not. As soon as it sees it, it removes it and tells you about it.

That's why your AV still warns you about it. Doesn't mean the VM has been badly fixed. All it means it that your AV is doing its job. Again, it's not the VM job to remove the trojan.

If it had been badly patched by MS, people would have been after MS a long time ago. Just to point out their mistakes.

Next time, try to understand how it works before flaming Microsoft without reason (not that they don't deserve it for some things, but you don't have a leg to stand on in this case).

I DONT SEE WHY SO LONG DISCSUSSION.

NOW:

1) DONT USE MS JAVA

2) USE SUN JAVA

3) Shadowman301 GO DIE CUZ YOURE TOO STUPID

4) STOP WHINING

5) HAVE FUN

6) GOODBYE.

Hmmm... where to start... ?

Ok, firstly... shadowman - I strongly suggest that next time you want help on a problem, you be considerably more polite and respectful towards those putting in time to help you. They don't HAVE to do this, you know...

Also, when you DO ask for help, and are given information to read... go read it. You have the info you need to fix your problem... so get to it.

Elite - part #6 there was a lot closer to being something you wouldn't have wanted it to be than you may realise... don't let me see another post like that from you again...

One-time #13 smither.

All-time #1 noob.