Firefox typing screwing up

hadgan

When I type in Firefox, the letters sometimes appear to the LEFT of the cursor instead of the right. Anybody know how to fix it? For example, here's what happens when I try to type "The dog jumped over the tall fence."

The dgumped over the tall ence.fj o

(BTW, it works fine in IE)

it's a known bug with firefox. It has to do with java. When playing runescape (or anything with java) it can start happening.

I think it's fixed in 1.0.4 http://www.getfirefox.com and download the newest version.

If it still happens then the bug is not fixed.

Here's an alternitive solution use the runescape client for playing runescape and firefox for everything else. :wink:

goldenblade995.png

hmm pop ups? never got any, might be spyware.

Download ad-aware and spybot search and destroy, update to the latest definitions, and then scan.

Make sure your computer is all patched from windowsupdate.microsoft.com

goldenblade995.png

I used to get this alot. Then it stopped, and then I downloaded the latest firefox. Not sure why it stopped beforehand.

And I've never had a popup from RS.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

I tried using Norton Antivirus, Ad Aware, and Spy Sweeper and I still got popups. Deleting all my cookies didn't work either. >_<

The popups are from the ads at the top, when they change, I usually get a popup.

Are you using IE to veiw this site? Use firefox to browse every website besides runescape (since you have problems with java). IE is full of sercurity holes, thats why you should use firefox :wink:

I use firefox for this site, never have gotten a pop up.

goldenblade995.png

Are you using IE to veiw this site? Use firefox to browse every website besides runescape (since you have problems with java). IE is full of sercurity holes, thats why you should use firefox :wink:

you can play runescape on firefox you need to download a plugin or somthing but i would use the runescape client if i was you

you can play runescape on firefox you need to download a plugin or somthing but i would use the runescape client if i was you

That wasn't the issue at all, you really need to start reading the whole post.

If you use firefox to play RS and browse forums at the same time, something with the way java works on FF will messup the way that you type on pretty much anything whether it be word or the tip.it forums. End of story