Faerie Wonder

Chey

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually just finished this part of the story. I plan on trying to write a sequel type story for it but im not sure yet. Anyways, without further ado, here is the end parts.

Chapter 2.3

As this young man told his story, I began to feel pity towards him. He was not only the son of the evil Promicus but he also seemed to get the brunt of his fathers anger. He explained that he had never lived up to what his father wanted him to be and this not only angered his father but saddened him as well. He told of how he was supposed to be included in the raid of Algesia but was made to stay behind because he was not ready. As he talked I watched his face, it showed pain and sorrow not unlike how my own heart felt. I listened carefully as he explained about how his mother was brutally murdered by assassins sent from our land. My eyes searched his intently, as he stopped talking. I slowly stood up and walked to the other side of the room. As I turned to look back at him, I realized he was still sitting, not making any move to stop me from leaving the room. I continued on my way towards the towering double doors in front of me. I went to push one open and heard a small voice call after me telling me to be careful. I opened the doors and slipped out into the empty corridor. I leaned against the wall and slid down it. I stopped to listen and heard sobbing that was echoing throughout the corridor. I realized soon after that the mournful heaving sobs were coming from me.

Chapter 2.4

As night approached quickly I lay curled up in a ball on the cold stone floor in an unknown corridor in my enemies castle. The only sounds that could be heard were the quiet hiccups that were the lasting effect of my crying. How could I have done this? How could I have broken so easily?

I curled into an even tighter ball and tried to sleep but something kept pulling at the back of my mind. I quietly climbed to my feet, stumbling a bit on the uneven floor and opened the doors that led to where I had last seen the young man who had claimed to be Promicus son.

As I walked down the carpeted hall the only sign that anyone had been there were the scuffs on the floor and the bloody sword laying on the ground. What had happened? Had the young prince killed himself? Was he murdered? Millions of thoughts raced through my head but everything was stopped when I came to the end of the hall and saw a body lying slumped on the ground. It seemed that the young man was so ashamed of himself that he had slit his own throat in shame of what his father had done. The desperation of this tragic event showed through with bright colors. The young one had killed himself right under a portrait of his own father.

As I backed up slowly I felt something bump against me. I turned around quickly with my hand on the dagger hidden beneath the folds in my cloak and gasped with surprise as I saw who was behind me. It was Promicus himself, staring at his deceased son. His face was ashen and so filled with despair that it made you want to cry. He glanced down at me and hissed Get out if it had not been for you my son would still be alive. I quickly ran out of the room and through several pairs of double doors before I arrived at what I thought was the main throne room. I slowed down and took a few deep breaths, feeling them rumble through my chest with a wheezy noise.

I glanced around and saw very few guards. This was not the place that it had been upon arrival, it was barren and quiet, quite a contrast to the voluptuous noise and bustling activity that had been when I had first arrived months ago. I glanced about looking for the grand mirror that had been hung up in the open on the now empty wall that was behind me. I spied a quick glare as the sun came out from behind a cloud. I hurried over to the large mirror that now sat in a gloomy corner. I dragged the monstrous thing out into the open and propped it against one of many walls in the entryway. I took a deep breath and looked into the mirror.

The person I saw in the mirror was not the same person that had been months ago. My normally short blonde hair sat disheveled and longer than it had been in years. My eyes no longer had a joyous sparkle to them; they looked slightly dull and angry. I had dark bags under my eyes from the many sleepless nights and all of the worrying that had happened. I sighed loudly and was surprised to hear footsteps headed my way. My breath caught in my throat as I turned around to see who was fast approaching. A dark shadow crawled forward, coming closer and closer to where I stood.

As the sun receded behind another cloud, I began to panic. I had come this close; I could not let anything or anyone stop me. I raced out of the front door and took off running toward the sun. I ran past a few stunned guards, but they were too weary to give chase. As I ran, I thought about my mom, it was time to go find her, to rescue her from whatever trouble she might have gotten herself into.

~Cheyenne

Thanks you guys :P I will probably start a sequel part to it sometime in the next month. I do have a couple cardiologist appointments coming up so I can't promise anything until I know what those lead too. Anyways, thanks for reading my story and I hope to keep you guys updated on when I start writing the sequel :P

~ Cheyenne

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks you guys :P I will probably start a sequel part to it sometime in the next month. I do have a couple cardiologist appointments coming up so I can't promise anything until I know what those lead too. Anyways, thanks for reading my story and I hope to keep you guys updated on when I start writing the sequel :P

~ Cheyenne

nice story.. can't wait to read more

hell_boss31.png

hell_boss31.png

hell_boss31.png

• 3 weeks later...