Faerie Wonder

Chey

I actually had this posted earlier on, before the forums took a nose dive. I figured I would repost it and work on writing more and more! I hope you like it, and without any ado, here are chapters 1.1 and 1.2!

~ Chey

Chapter 1.1

I look around at the place that I am to call home for now. Dank, dark, smelly, and there is a weird light keeps shining in through cracks in the walls. Most people would assume that I had been kidnapped and was being held against my will in a dungeon of some sort. Only part of that is true.

Before I get too far into my story, an explanation of who I am might be in order. My name is Iliana Rothbart, princess of Algesia, formerly known as the land of the faeries. I was abducted many months ago from my home deep in the forests. I was taken after my father died in a horrible battle with Promicus and his army. Promicus was a fierce and cruel leader from another land. He and his cohorts lived in Daisy Valley. Even though it sounds like a wondrous place; do not let the name fool you. It is a place of death and despair. Promicus and his followers were among the few who could stand to live there. The dwarves were the only other known creatures who dwelt there.

After my father died in battle, the other faerie creatures who resided in Algesia were forced too flee, and my mother in such a hurry, fled with them, leaving me behind. This is where my story begins.

Chapter 1.2

I glance around the dungeon room once more just to make sure that there are not any foolish guards lurking around. I hop to my feet and instantly survey my surroundings. I immediately notice that this is a different dungeon than I had been in before. I feel a bit wary and wonder how they could have moved me without waking me. I feel a little bit of extra weight on my thigh. Much to my disbelief, I realize that they still have not noticed my diamond encrusted dagger that I keep there.

All of a sudden, I notice a strange sound, it seems like heavy footsteps headed my way, but it sounds as if they are above me. I rush over to one of the tiny hole in the wall that the strange light is entering through and I realize that I am located underground. I slump to the ground and wonder why I would be undergroundUnless of course there was some danger with me being in the main castle dungeon.

I ponder on that a moment and listen carefully to the noises coming from above. All of a sudden, I hear a clash that sounds like it could come from two swords and instantly miss my father, he always did love to train in the open where everyone who wished to, could watch.

I hear soft footsteps headed my way and I warily place my hand on my thigh, ready to whip out my dagger if needed. I crawl over to the corner of the dungeon where I can see but not be seen very clearly unless someone was to enter the cell. I see a flash of silver as something is shoved between the bars and I hear the soft footsteps of someone quickly retreating, as if they were afraid to be caught down here. I listen intently to the noises around me, when I hear nothing more I quickly crawl over to the metal object to investigate.

I slowly unwind the thin, cloth like material from around it and notice the familiar gleam of rubies and emeralds in a sword hilt. I quickly pull out the sword and realize it as the one that my beloved father gave me right before the war.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine Fine Fine. I will use normal text size, You ruin all the fun :P I will write more when I get the chance, Working on mondays from 3-5:30 and thursdays from 3-5 + hanging out with my friends + going swimming almost everyday = A very busy summer! I should have time later tonight, or tomorrow to sit down and write some new stuff though!

~ Chey

Fine Fine Fine. I will use normal text size, You ruin all the fun :P I will write more when I get the chance, Working on mondays from 3-5:30 and thursdays from 3-5 + hanging out with my friends + going swimming almost everyday = A very busy summer! I should have time later tonight, or tomorrow to sit down and write some new stuff though!

~ Chey

Awsome! Love to see some new stuff

• 2 weeks later...

Ohmigawd... I am so sorry :oops: I completely forgot to post more of my story!! I will definitely have more by the end of the day! Thanks cowman and celt for posting :P I luvv you guyz :P Anywho.. On to writing!!

~ Chey

Chapter 1.3

As soon as I pull out the sword, I begin to hear thundering footsteps headed in my direction. I listen closely and realize that there is also a faint sound of keys jangling. I realize that one of the guards is coming down to check on me, I quickly throw the sword under the thin pallet that I sleep on and huddle in a corner on the opposite side of the room. The footsteps are getting closer, and by the sound of it, the guard is not too light on his feet. He turns a corner and I finally get a glimpse of him. I realize how right I was as I study him, big and beefy, probably not very bright either. I glare at him through the bars of the cell, slowly stand up, and walk over to where I can get a better look at him. I watch him shove a plate of food and a tumbler of water through the bars. He grins awkwardly and stumbles as he turns to leave. I glance down at the food he has brought me and decide against eating it. I think to myself that I would rather die from being malnourished, then to give in and show any type of weakness. I wait a few minutes to make sure that the coast is clear. I cross the room to where my sword is hidden away and cradle it like a newborn child. I feel the tears well up in my eyes as I remember all of the times my father practiced with me. I quickly force those thoughts out of my head and start planning my escape from this awful place.

Ohmigawd... I am so sorry :oops: I completely forgot to post more of my story!! I will definitely have more by the end of the day! Thanks cowman and celt for posting :P I luvv you guyz :P Anywho.. On to writing!!

~ Chey

Lol, forgetful... Don't worry... sometimes I forget my password... well, actually alot of the time.

Lol I am just glad to have remembered finally, I will probably have more posted by Saturday or Sunday! Whichever day I have more time on my hands. I have been a little caught up in romantic drama <3: but that is back under control so I should have more time to concentrate on my writing. \' Anywayys back to runescape, I have some.... questing to do!

~ Chey

Lol I am just glad to have remembered finally, I will probably have more posted by Saturday or Sunday! Whichever day I have more time on my hands. I have been a little caught up in romantic drama <3: but that is back under control so I should have more time to concentrate on my writing. \' Anywayys back to runescape, I have some.... questing to do!

~ Chey

Questing, lol

Yeppers! One Small Favour and Kings Ransom completed! Time to write 1.4, I might have it posted earlier than I thought, especially if I finish it pretty quickly. Anywho, On to writing!

~ Chey

Yeppers! One Small Favour and Kings Ransom completed! Time to write 1.4, I might have it posted earlier than I thought, especially if I finish it pretty quickly. Anywho, On to writing!

~ Chey

What? I never even finished those quests. :cry:

Chapter 1.4

I feel a throbbing pain as I wake up. I slightly remember starting a plan to escape, but soon after that, everything went dark. I try to sit up but the pain is too much to bear. I slowly lift my hand up to my head and wince at the sharp pain that rushes down through my body. I pull my hand away and realize that my hand it sticky, I must have been hit with a lot of force to bleed. Most faerie creatures do not get hurt very easily, so for us bleeding is about the equivalent of another creature being stabbed. I glance around the crowded dungeon and recognize it as the one I was in before, the only difference is, there are piles of rocks and stones everywhere. The cave must have collapsed whilst I was working, but how could it have crumbled, without my noticing. While I was deep in thought about what the possibilities were that I should have heard the wall start to crumble, I didnt notice a runt of a child sneaking up to the cell bars, which were seemingly unbroken. I heard a slight whispering sound and looked at the small child quizzically. He seems to be talking to me, but it does not seem like he is using his own language. I doubt that anyone here knows that I have studied many languages all throughout my life, the child looks pixyish so I try saying hello in Pixish, the language of the pixies. I can not help but laugh at the confused look on his face, he laughs along with me and starts talking in his own language. Come with me! he says, not realizing that I am locked in. I sadly shake me head and reply with great sorrow that I cannot seeing as I am locked in and not quite in the position to be moved. He nods sadly and retreats as fast as he had approached. I lie back down on the cold floor and let flow the tears that I have been holding back.

~ Chey

Just keep writing! People need da content! (Bluejay...)

I can't write currently... but!

I got Baptized today! Whoo!

Hey, what am I suposed to do? sit and play WoW all day?

Oh, and Congratz on baptizm, but... FTR, I got baptized 13 years ago on Christmas Day :D

Oi! I got baptized at age ...7 I think so that was.... 6 years ago?? I suppose thats right. Sorry I havent been able to post very much.. Summer is always a busy time for me. Xewleer, Its nice to see your bright and shining face on this thread again! I missed all of your... constructive criticism... Maybe... Anywho, off to check out runescapes new graphics, considering I have been lazy and havent seen them yet ::'

~Chey