Author face-off:Ratchet Vs. Sephy

Harakiri

Dangit! I had hoped to do it tomorrow... as I am quite busy... no matter!

Alright everyone!

the recently arrived Xewleer will now declare the theme...

AND IT IS!!!!...

Action-ROMANCE! After a deliberation with myself, I have noted that neither of you have written a proper romance in my remembrance. A few rules.

Rate it pg, for blood and violence

no stuff... if you know what I mean

Have fun! Remember! I'll be giving you both thorough reviews when you write your stuff!

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Murder of the ancients

Pitched tents were scattered along the river Salve, containing men in and women in sleeping bags. Outside, a man in tattered jeans and with a bare chest, exposing his six pack, was dipping a pan into the gentle waters of the river. He brought the pan back up, and started picking through the mud, searching for something of value. Finding nothing, he dumped the muck into the water, and went to scoop some more when he heard footsteps behind him. He looked over his shoulder and saw a woman, wearing a nightgown that exposed more than most people would want to see.

"Please, get some sleep. Its late."

The man stood and stood before the woman.

"Thank you for your concern, but this is a project funded by the people at the exam center. If we do not find anything, we might as well walk ourselves out of the digsite. If we do not find the tomb that tome spoke of, we will be screwed."

The woman shook her head, tossing her long auburn hair over her shoulder.

"But why search the water for a tomb?"

"I am not! I am searching for relics that might tell us where the tomb is located. Remember all those mummified crocodile carcasses we found in Al Kharid near the tomb of Tutankhamen?"

"Yes."

"The papyrus scrolls found in them were helpful, and the Varrock museum paid quite a lot for them."

"So its money your after, not the tomb?"

"No, I am after the tomb, but a little extra money never hurt anyone has it?"

"Tell that to the people who had rich family members die at the hand of thieves."

"You are impossible Emily!"

"Aren't all women?" A frail form appeared behind Emily. The old man wore a cloak and leaned heavily on an old wooden cane.

"Should you not be in bed old man? It might be easier on you if you die in your sleep!"

The old man looked hard at the man and limped towards him. "Please Nathaniel, do not act that way. I may be old, but I have more experience than you will ever have."

"You may have found the tombs of the barrows brothers, but that was not too historically significant."

"Tell that to the people who go down there all the time to face off against some of the best fighters ever known to walk this land." Emily said.

"Shut the hell up woman or I'll make you!" Nathaniel raised his arm and prepared to backhand her when the old man grabbed his wrist with lightning speed, and twisted it. Nathaniel wretched back, clutching at his wrist.

"Do not hurt the woman." The old man grabbed her shoulder and pointed toward a tent. "My tent, please meet me there, we must talk."

Emily looked back at Nathaniel, who was now wading through the river. He drew a dagger and waved it in the air.

"Old man! Come over here! Lets play a game called "Bloody Murder." I do not want to have to haul your body into the water after I kill you, so come out here so I can be relieved of that job."

The old man threw off his cloak, exposing his bare chest. He was fairly strong looking for as old as he was, and had tattoos all over his torso, each symbolizing the runes that the magicians used to fight evil, and do magic spells.

He poked some of them, and pointed at Nathaniel. Suddenly, a bolt of lightning snapped out of his finger, and hit Nathaniel, sending him further into the river. The river made the burn wounds even worse, tearing up Nathaniel's back. Blood floated to the top of the river, moving rapidly in every direction. The old man poked the tattoos on his body again and used a telekinesis spell to bring Nathaniel's bloodied body to his arms. He touched Nathaniel's chest, and then touched some of the runes on his chest.

"Begone demon." He muttered and watched as a thin red mist floated from Nathaniel's mouth and nose, and floated into the air. It then darted into the water.

The old man marked the spot and then brought Nathaniel towards his tent, where the woman, Emily, sat on a crate, staring horrendously at the body in the old mans arms.

(Since I have a job and am making this up as I go, I cannot continue, but check this thread and I will tell you when I put a new chapter on THIS post...I will only use this post to write chapters so...)

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Dangit! I had hoped to do it tomorrow... as I am quite busy... no matter!

Alright everyone!

the recently arrived Xewleer will now declare the theme...

AND IT IS!!!!...

Action-ROMANCE! After a deliberation with myself, I have noted that neither of you have written a proper romance in my remembrance. A few rules.

Rate it pg, for blood and violence

no stuff... if you know what I mean

Have fun! Remember! I'll be giving you both thorough reviews when you write your stuff!

Lets see what Sephy wants to do before we continue since I already started :? :?

alright, if I'm the one hosting this puppy, then I think I should be the one to decide the theme... gah!!!

I thought you and sephy were going to write a one-shot...

We need to think this through.

alright, if I'm the one hosting this puppy, then I think I should be the one to decide the theme... gah!!!

I am just doing mine in chapters since I do not have the time to write a full story. I'll be done by the end of the weekend.

alright then, but remember, length does not always = good

Okay then... Monday will be the last day you can do anything to your story. K? Sephy! Same time limit!

I am just doing mine in chapters since I do not have the time to write a full story. I'll be done by the end of the weekend.

So Xewleer, what will be the due date here?

Okay then... Monday will be the last day you can do anything to your story. K? Sephy! Same time limit!

Roger that. I'll start...Whenever the hell I feel like it. :D

EDIT: Are we allowed to use stories we've been working on? I was planning to put up meh newest story up, and there are some elements I can use...I could create a side-story of it, however...And can it be RS based? There's a 25% chance I'll make it RS based if allowed, and however it would be a made up on the spot story. Well Xewleehr? Mr. Amazing Host?

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

Roger that. I'll start...Whenever the hell I feel like it. :D

EDIT: Are we allowed to use stories we've been working on? I was planning to put up meh newest story up, and there are some elements I can use...I could create a side-story of it, however...And can it be RS based? There's a 25% chance I'll make it RS based if allowed, and however it would be a made up on the spot story. Well Xewleehr? Mr. Amazing Host?

You know, Xewleer, you just had to post a minute before me saying the due date. I'm too lazy to change my last post, so I give you a :thumbdown: :o

Lol @ Sephy. Thats the kind of attitude I use... I'll so it... when ever the hell I feel like. 8-)

Doesn't matter, as long as it's an action romance. Also, it cannot have been posted here before, or anywhere else I check out. (I'll know.)

If its an action romance, I guess I can turn that one into an RS action romance quite quick...

I don't have till monday though...I do have a job...maybe I might be able to finish it then...maybe...

Only five chapters Xew...not too long...

I do have a job...maybe

Couldn't have said it better myself [/joke]

what art thou implying toeth me? Ifeth youith imply anymoreeth, I will haveith to murder, disgorge, rip out, gouge out...

Ya, I dunno, I'm really, really, really, really busy...So I won't be able to write. So I'm gonna have to throw in the towel, and if you don't mind, challenge you again later?

good...cuz I did not have the time anyway either...

Cool, we'll call it a draw until later...

However, I do have a small amount of time to host another face off, but I'll only be able to call the genre and stuff...

good...cuz I did not have the time anyway either...

Cool, we'll call it a draw until later...

However, I do have a small amount of time to host another face off, but I'll only be able to call the genre and stuff...

Go ahead and throw one out...

Shakes head in amazement, wonderment and a little disgust...

IT TAKES LESS THAN AN HOUR TO WRITE SOMETHING YOU KNOW?!?!

no matter... I'm up for any challenger!