Alanmark ~IS REALLY!! BACK UP!~

Hawks

Just a note: I will be totally unreachable from July 6th to probably July 26th. I will be away at camp. I am not planning on having the RP start back up until after then. This topic will be open for bios and character creation until the 6th, then you will still be able to post your characters, but I will be unable to help you with them until the 26th.

Without further ado, ALANMARK.

This story takes place about twenty years after Hawks' disappearance. His nephew is now twenty-three years old.

You notice a tall man (you guess maybe six feet), perhaps actually an elf, with blazing orange eyes coming toward you. He offers his hand, covered in many tiny scars and scratches, and says, "Hi. My name's Ares." You shake his hand and introduce yourself. "This is Alanmark, actually the city of Hrothgar, and I'm a dragon rider in the king's service. My great-grandpa was too." You take another look at him. He is wearing an ankh around his neck, but it's very small and you can't notice it unless you look for it. He is wearing bracers that seem to be made of dragon skin, and wears a dark orange tunic.

"I suppose I should take you to the magistrate and he can sort you out," Ares says as you follow him to an office in the bustling city.

The magistrate introduces himself as Sir Tyler, and hands you a piece of parchment to fill out.

Name:

Profession:

Former Military Experience:

Height:

Weight:

Eye Color:

Weapons Skills:

Special Abilities:

OOC:

No god mode... You'll see.

Keep control of other characters to a minimum.

Follow the DM's directions at all times.

Please use OOC to show Out of Character. (BIC doesn't really bug me, you don't need to use it unless you want to.)

No excessive profanity or other inappropriate stuff.

I am the Dungeon Master as well as Ares and various NPCs.

We are playing a very loose 'simplified D&D' with ability scores and a simple skill set related to your profession, two skills in addition to Diplomacy, Hide, Move Silently, Search, and Listen. Each skill is automatically level 5, you have 28 skill points to spend and you gain 5 per level. Additional skill points will be given for racial choices (+1 bonus) and profession (+2 bonus). You have 28 ability points (all humanoids, non-humanoids we'll talk) to spend on each of your six abilities: Strength, Dexterity, Charisma, Wisdom, Constitution, and Intelligence. Each starts at ten and you may spend no more than 10 points on an individual ability. I will assign experience points based on a participation basis and you will level up... when you've gained enough experience.

Please PM me your character info and we will choose the two additional skills based on your profession.

Dice rolls are on honesty, we'll be using the d20 system:

d20+DEX Mod=Ranged Attacks

d20+STR Mod=Melee Attacks

Damage will typically be d6 for ranged, d8 for melee. It depends on your weapon however, and that will be taken care of at the same time as the skill selection.

d6+DEX Mod=Ranged Damage

d8+STR Mod=Melee Damage

Your armor is 10+DEX Mod+Armor Mod. Armor Mod once again depends on the type of armor you're wearing.

CHARACTERS:

[hide=Ares (hawkxs)]Name: Ares

Profession: Dragon Rider

Previous Military Experience: Senior Knight

Physical Description: Age 23, 6', dark brown hair, really orange eyes, tapered ears. Slim, lithe body, wiry and strong, but very flexible.

Weapons Skills: Trained in the two-sword style (1d12 damage, one attack), fights equally well with both hands. Also uses the longbow (1d8 damage).

Armor: Dragonmail tunic made of sloughed-off skin of Zak's and bracers and greaves of the same material (+10). Occasional dragon-fire shield usage (+3 when in use).

Special Abilities: Telepathic Link with dragon, Zak'Thal. Vocal/Mental Magic control as well, Sorcerer equiv-level 4.

Ares' MAD SKILLZ & ATTRIBUTEZ

AC: 10+3+10=23

STR 14 DEX 16 CON 14 WIS 15 CHA 14 INT 15

Hide 9 Search 9 Listen 9/10 (+1 Elven blood) Diplomacy 9 Move Silently 9 Ride 9 Knowledge (arcana) 9/11 (+2 dragon rider)[/hide]

erg you can't hide within a hide anymore.

[hide=ZakThal (Ares) (hawkxs)]Name: Zak'Thal

Profession: Dragon Rider

Previous Military Experience: None

Physical Description: Bright orange scales, volcan dragon, length almost 9', wingspan about 10', age 22, tail with [bleep]es, scar on left foreleg.

Weapons Skills: Uses fiery breath weapon (2d6) as well as his two fore claws (1d4 apiece, two attacks), and his tail (1d8, one attack). Also can bite (1d6, one attack) (fore claws and tail together count as one attack).

Armor: Nearly impenetrable scales. (+20!)

Special Abilities: Telepathic Link with Rider, Ares. Dragon Magic control as well, Sorcerer equiv-level 2, with Dragon Mage level 4.

Zak'Thal's MAD SKILLZ

AC:10+3+20=33

STR 20 DEX 15 CON 20 WIS 20 CHA 15 INT 20

50 attribute points for dragon race.[/hide]

[hide=Isis (archimage_a)]Name: Isis

Profession: Dagger Master

Former Military Experience: 33 years training reflexes under Phino, 15 years Ranger in the Silver Mountains

Height: 6

Weight: 100 Pounds (Basically very skinny and very tall.)

Race: Human

Eye Color: One Green, One Red

Weapons Skills: Dagger skill, uses dual daggers and can kill and skin a man at ten seconds. (Daggers 1d6/2 attacks)

Special Abilities: Really Extraordinary Reflexes: Arrows have no effect on him, his reflexes simply remove him from their path, or else replace him with another object, most commonly his daggers. Brute force weapons (clubs and the like) have no effect because of the aforementioned reflexes. Blades are useless against him when he has the daggers, and when he does not they are almost useless. Bullets (covering all bases) have almost no effect because of the daggers. Magic projectiles have a 50% chance of affecting him.

Armor: Studded Leather (+5)

ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS

STR 14 (+2) DEX 17 (+3) CHA 13 (+1) WIS 15 (+2) INT 16 (+3) CON 13 (+1)

Hide 11 (+2) Move Silently 11 (+2) Listen 10 (+1) Search 10 (+1) Diplomacy 10 (+1) Leadership 9

AC: 10+3+5=18

HP: 10+1=11

Damage: Daggers (1d6, two attacks)[/hide]

[hide=Talonial Gray (dragoonson)]Name: Previously Talonbag Grayhood. Now goes under Talonial Gray.

Profession:Assassin.

Former Military Experience: Yup.I was an assassin for the Valsharress. (That's drow queen to you.)

Height: 4 foot 9.

Weight:I dunno,ask him.

Eye Color: Red.

Weapons Skills:Wielded a shortbow that made him faster,and a shortsword. Like real short.

Armor: His spider senses indicate leg armor would be hard to obtain,but he wears sexy form-fitting studded leather armor for his torso. (Starts off with +5 AC for the S. Leather armor then)

Special Abilities:Drider stuff...You know,poison and webs...Oh and he knows how to pass disease too.

AC: 10+5+3=18

(30 SP for Drider Race)

STR 14 DEX 17 CON 14 WIS 15 CHA 15 INT 15

Hide 9 Search 9 Listen 9 Diplomacy 9 Move Silently 9 Poison Handling 9/10 (+1 Drider Race) Disable Device 9/11 (+2 Assassin)

Weapon bonus and Damage:

Shortbow +3, 1d6

Short Sword +2, 1d8 (due to lame damage on shortbow)[/hide]

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm

Dang,drider went bye bye =(...Ah well,lets try again.

Name: Previously Talonbag Grayhood.Now goes under Talonial Gray.

Profession:Assassin.

Former Military Experience:Yup.I was an assassin for the Valsharress.

Height:4 foot 9,perhaps shorter.On account of the spider body...

Weight:I dunno,ask him.

Eye Color:Red.Not due to me wanting to make him look cool,I believe its racial.Correct my if I'm wrong.

Weapons Skills:Wielded a shortbow that made him faster,and a shortsword.Like real short.As for armor,his spider senses indicate leg armor would be hard to obtain,but he wears sexy form-fitting studded leather armor for his torso.

Special Abilities:Drider stuff...You know,poison and webs...Oh and he knows how to pass disease too.(Whats the effect of disease,seriously,haven't fought mummies for too long)

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...

OOC:Why so no posts?Although I'm not too sure how to start out,I'll try and you can tell me if I'm wrong,in which case I'll change it.

ICC:Talonial found that his spider half was itching.He lifted one of his legs to scratch it,while one gloved hand returns the parchment to the Sir Tyler. (Can anyone remember the Drow word for human,or surfacer?It'll help my in character.) Ignoring anything the man had to say to him,Talonial crawls out of the city,remembering what his Shalifi-thats master to you humans-had told him about his final target.

Searching for a pawn shop in the district,and ignoring curious stares,he crawled all over the area.Finally finding the shop,he prepared some of that poisonous webbings he had learnt to create.Entering the shop,he saw an old man,probably 60 or 70 years of age.Drawing as much spit as he could into the webbing,he spat...

OOC:Well,probably the first battle.Make him as strong as you like,but bear in mind he's an old coot.

devilgod.jpeg

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Only to find a large shield brought up to deflect the poison spit.

[hide=Old Guy's Stats]STR 13

DEX 15

CON 13

WIS 15

INT 17

CHA 4

AC: 20 (w/out shield drops to 15)

HP: 15

DEX bonus: 3

STR bonus: 1

Equipment: Large Steel Shield (+5) and Clothes (+2)

Weaponry: Hand-and-a-half sword (d8, dex) behind him, longbow (d6, dex) on the wall, complete with quiver of 20 arrows.[/hide]

The old man pulled a hand-and-a-half sword from its stand behind the counter and lunged at Talonial. The leather armor he was wearing deflected the blow, but the man was just getting started. He hid behind his shield and blindly stabbed over and to the side of the shield, so you could only ever see the shield and part of the sword.

(OOC. The rest has to wait for a bit due to the fact that I need to look up some stats)

^I believe thats a bastard sword.Its not censored lol.

Anyway,ICC:Talonial swears,but quickly makes a decision.Making more webbings,he spits it on the bladed edges of the sword (for a -1?-2? bonus...),and spits webbing on the floor all the way to the bow,all while attempting to block the blows.(You roll,or it'll seem like I'm cheating.)

Reaching into a pack,he removes a vial containing a bright green liquid.Now using one of his eight legs (so he has 10 limbs,I just realised) ,he smashes it in the middle of the shield,and watches the man panic as it eats away the protection. (Yup.Acid.An assassin is prepared for bullcrap like this)

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

OOC: yeah I know I just don't like saying/writing it I'm weird like that. :D

IDC: (dice ftw!)

DM assigns 20 for web.

Roll + 10 = 17, 17, 20, 24, 26

Web is made.

DM assigns 15 to block blows.

Roll + dex(3) + 2= 15

Web is shot in the right direction, behind the man, and blocks his way to the bow.

OOC: Man was a barbarian many years ago. Equivilent level=5.

IC: The man screams with rage, "That was a prized dwarven shield! I could have gotten thousands of gold pieces for that! AND YOU COME AND WRECK IT WITH YOUR SILLY ACID!"

You notice he seems to get bigger, but maybe it's just in your mind. (Mod. Rage, +4 DEX, +4 CON, +2 STR, -2 AC)

[hide=Modified Stats for Reference]STR 15

DEX 19

CON 17

WIS 15

INT 17

CHA 4

AC: 10+5 DEX+2=17 temp.

HP: 19

DEX 5

STR 3

Equpiment: Clothes +2

Weaponry: hand-and-a-half sword (d8, dex)[/hide]

"I SWEAR I WILL KILL THIS INTRUDER!" he screams, and the sword bursts into flame (+4 for 1 min).

IDC:

target 18

roll+5+4=18

d8+3=9

your total HP= 10+2+8=20

so your hp= 11 now.

retailiation:

target: 17

roll+2=4, 16, 9, 11, 12

no HP damage but you slightly wound his sword arm.

sword returns to normal.

OOC: feel free to attack him. I'll give you 5 rolls, each d20+2 and your target is 17 for five more turns.

OOC:For AC?And what of the shield?Thrown aside?

Talonial's probably going to be pissed its taking so long,too lol.Any chance for Death Attack?

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

OOC:Actually I just realised that death attack needs him to be distracted,its an assassin special skill,much like sneak attack.

I believe the roll is 1d6 though...I'll do it later tbh.Oh and go save your friends from the Lost Library already!

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Okay,my rolls:

1d20+2

15+2 = 17

1d20+2

8+2 = 10

1d20+2

3+2 = 5

1d20+2

8+2 = 10

1d20+2

19+2 = 21

So...make it all official and I'll put it in action form.

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

IDC:

target: 17 for five more turns.

1d20+2

15+2 = 17

1d20+2

8+2 = 10

1d20+2

3+2 = 5

1d20+2

8+2 = 10

1d20+2

19+2 = 21

you hit the old man, 1d8+2:5, 5, 9, 4, 9

deals 9 HP damage, he has 10 HP left.

/IDC

OOC:So I have 2 hp left?lol

I have no idea what to do...

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

OOC:Sorry,really bad at this online.In NWN it was automatic,so...And in real life you know,I'm not reading =P

So what's keeping Isis,Osiris incarnate?

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

OOC: Prob'ly he hasn't been reading since the 'will not start 'till the 26th' note... I'll PM him and tell him we're up for a few days more... then it'll have to stop for a bit.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"I suppose it was inevitable that I would be forced to intervene", Isis said flicking the somewhat boyish lock of hair that sometimes covered his left, his red eye. It didn't really matter, he was almost blind in that eye, the price he supposed for everything, but it was hardly important. The Dagger was placed in his hand, it rarely left, even on civil occations. He gave a half hearted sigh, this really was most boring.

The Dagger curved in the air, like a leaf in the breeze.

(I rolled these in reverse...sorry)

18+17(I assume 17 not 20...)=35

Vs

Old guys defence roll

Dex+20D= 15+20= 35...

Damage is deflected to blade.

Damage= 6+17=23

Minimal Defensive value= 6(Damage minus resiliance)

Sword Resiliance= 16(inherant value)+1(6D)=17

Sword is broken, Dagger reflection angle?

Isis Skill= 17. Deflection skill= 15. 2% Varriation in normal result. 10% minimal varrible to cause an issue.

The old man was quick, he had to give him that, his sword had curved though the air, and if he had been a poorer throw would have doubtlessly turn the dagger to a dead weight. But the dagger had spun true, slicing a dent the size of an axe blade though that sword. If he had not thrown it as he had then it would have gone clean though, into his neck. That would not have been the intention.

Isis caught the returning Dagger deftly in his right hand, transferring it back, a moment later, to his left. The other character would, no doubt take this moment to finish the job, if not then Isis had chosen poorly, but perhaps rightly. Without honour the boy would be useless, but dead even more so. Maybe he would show mercy, it hardly mattered, Isis knew that in all likely-hood the boy would die at this man's hands, and if he did not then skill would have not played a part, that was, apart from his own.

Isis felt a smile. Most Dull indeed.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.