65 to 70 range, should I buy a Dark Bow for training?

Dr_Locust

Hey there, I'm thinking about getting 70 ranged, and I'm 65 right now. I know a dark bow fires 2 arrows at once, but I heard that it's actually one of the slowest weapons in the game. I'd be training with steel arrows.

Is the Dark Bow used for training? Or mostly just duelling/Castle Wars/Bounty Hunter? Should I get one to train up to 70 then re-sell it? Or should I just stick with my magic shortbow?

Thanks.

Dr Locust <-- Click for my blog...

Dr_Locust.png

+2000 Total, PhD in Questing, Woodcutting, Agility, Thieving, and Firemaking

67njlaf.jpg

No.

You should be training with a crossbow and a zammy book.

Also consider using mith/addy bolts with Ava's Accumulator. If you are not making money back on drops then you're training in the wrong place.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Thank you all for posting. Okay, I'll go with a rune crossbow and I'm assuming you guys mean enchanted mith/addy bolts, so I'll go with them. ::' :thumbup:

Dr_Locust.png

67njlaf.jpg

Thank you all for posting. Okay, I'll go with a rune crossbow and I'm assuming you guys mean enchanted mith/addy bolts, so I'll go with them. ::' :thumbup:

1. Not really, people use unenchanted too, i saw a lot of times, enchanted will give just some effects sometimes but you will pay for it a lot.

2. I dont suggest training with any slow weapon (cbows is slow), some suggestions:

2.1 Ever cheap way is Bone cbow, is slow but is really cheap;

2.2 Optimal way is MSB/Knifes/Darts, especially for your 65-70 ranged, i think you can train it to 70lvl with MSB+Bronze arrows (what i done for me pure) :) of course you can select better grade arrows/darts or knifes but you get very low diference;

2.3 I will say it for looting of strong monsters, rune Cbow + addy/mith bolts, hight rande bonus but is slow (all thins which are slow are not good for training), just cbow hit not bad and with CBOW you can mix training and loot, for example: Dragons.

2.4 Power ranging - Chinchomphas - expensive way;

Suggestion: You can use Anchor on Waterfiends - is cheap if to compare to GS & effective with crush attack & it hit like Whip.

Maitvanagis.gif

Visit my exp track

1. Not really, people use unenchanted too, i saw a lot of times, enchanted will give just some effects sometimes but you will pay for it a lot.

2. I dont suggest training with any slow weapon (cbows is slow), some suggestions:

2.1 Ever cheap way is Bone cbow, is slow but is really cheap;

2.2 Optimal way is MSB/Knifes/Darts, especially for your 65-70 ranged, i think you can train it to 70lvl with MSB+Bronze arrows (what i done for me pure) :) of course you can select better grade arrows/darts or knifes but you get very low diference;

2.3 I will say it for looting of strong monsters, rune Cbow + addy/mith bolts, hight rande bonus but is slow (all thins which are slow are not good for training), just cbow hit not bad and with CBOW you can mix training and loot, for example: Dragons.

2.4 Power ranging - Chinchomphas - expensive way;

Wow, excellent answer.

Ah, and I forgot about chins, I have a few of those laying around in my bank from Hunter. Thanks! :P

Dr_Locust.png

67njlaf.jpg