1.0. Introduction

2.0. Requirements

3.0. Strategy

4.0. Experience per Hour

5.0. Profit

6.0. FAQ

7.0. Closing

Introduction

After reading many different topics in Help and Advice on how to do Pyramid Plunder I've decided to create my own guide for it. Being a 99 thief I think I'm aptly qualified. I feel that through my methods you can receive the best of xp/hr as well as make some profit.

Requirements

-At least 51 thieving. Before this it is not worth the effort.

-A Pharoah's sceptre. This will be used on every run.

-Several Hundred Dueling Rings/Glories and Super Anti-poisons.

-Cheap food. This doesn't matter as long as it heals u fairly quickly.

-I recommend starting Itchlarin's Little Helper in case you forget a teleport at some point.

Strategy

-Inventory and Equipment

You should have your Sceptre equipped along with a dueling ring, and any kind of light clothing you want. I also wore an Amulet of Nature so I could follow my crops as I plundered. Your inventory should contain one(1)Super Anti, and about 50 hp worth of food.

-Inside the Pyramid

Once you are ready to plunder, right click and operate your sceptre, and teleport to Jalsavrah which is the top choice. Now drink your anti-poison, and right click on the guardian mummy to start the mini-game. Once inside, deactivate the wall trap, and proceed to pick lock the four doors until you find the correct one to move onto the next room. Continue doing this until you reach the room one BELOW the highest room you may enter. Once there, right click to check, and then search the urns. Eat when necessary, but don't waste too much time doing so. When you feel you have just enough time to finish all of the urns in your final room, loot the golden chest, but skip the sarcophagus(it wastes too much time) and leave the second to last room. Do the same thing in the final room, and when finished, loot the golden chest, and this time attempt to steal from the sarcophagus. If you finish the final room too early, it means you can spend more time in the second to last room.

-Once You're Finished

After you are kicked out of the pyramid when your five minutes are up, you should now eat to heal if you haven't, and teleport with your dueling ring to castle wars. Bank all trinkets at the chest, and withdraw more food. Now you are ready to go back to the pyramid. Once your sceptre is down to one charge left, withdraw 12 stone or 24 pottery trinkets and then teleport to the pyramid. When there talk to the mummy and eventually you will ask about recharging the sceptre.

Experience per Hour

-At level 51 you will receive ~40,000xp/hr

-At level 61 you will receive ~70,000xp/hr

-At level 71 you will receive ~100,000xp/hr

-At level 81 you will receive ~150,000xp/hr

-At level 91 you will receive ~210,000xp/hr

-These rates will vary depending on how familiar you are with the mini-game as well as how much you are paying attention. I have received upwards of 230kxp/hr as well as as little as 180k/hr at the highest level room.

Profits

The main thing that will earn you profits in this mini-game is the very rare pharaoh's sceptre. Only available from the golden chest, or sarcophagus, it is worth ~500k.

A more consistent amount of money will come from the trinkets you take in each game. The stone one's will sell on the G.E. for between 100-200gp ea while the gold ones will range from 500-100gp ea. If you have finished the quest Dealing with Scarabas you can sell these noted to Simon Templeton at the Agility Pyramid for even higher prices.

FAQ

Q: What are the chances of me getting a Pharoah's Sceptre?

A: Very very low. I went all the way to 99 Thieving without receiving a single one.

Q: You say a minimum of 51 thieving, but when do you recommend starting?

A: Although I started straight from 51, I realized that it would make more sense to wait until level 71.

Closing Thoughts

The main thing about this is that it is a mini-game, and should be fun. Don't kill yourself trying to powerlevel. So mainly try to have fun, and hope you get more lucky than I did with the Pharaoh's Sceptres. :)

ajk822.png

4031st person to 99 Thieving on 5/25/2008

If anyone plays NBA Live '08 online on the Wii please PM me. I'm up for anyone.

Great guide!!! I used the Pyramid to get 99 thieving. And ouch you didn't get a single Sceptre? I got my first one at lvl 98 and got another the next trip :lol:. The chances if you awant to add it is 0.1%

The only 2 things I can think of adding to this is doing the Contact! if you are able because you can use the bank in the city and not waste a charge of dueling ring. And also as for inventory I just had 2 (3)Antipoison and 2 swordies and that worked out great.

hernet0.png

Hernet0.png

Wow, thanks guys for the good responses. Wasn't expecting such positive feedback.

P.S. I didn't put in the thing about Contact! because I feel it is faster to bank at Castle Wars.

ajk822.png

4031st person to 99 Thieving on 5/25/2008

If anyone plays NBA Live '08 online on the Wii please PM me. I'm up for anyone.

Great guide. Thieving is one of the faster 99s with pp.

Only thing I can think of is a section to tell us where to train to 51.

• 6 months later...

If you have extra time at the end, just exit on the door that has the white light on it.

This pretty much sums up the basics. I will be using this method for when I train thieving. There were a few other things I wanted to mention but I couldn't think of them. >.<

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!