range training 70 - 80

BoD

so i hear you need 80 range to be decent in the GWD

right now im training at some Blackdragons with my crystal bow but i dont feel like i have enough accuracy to make this a short grind

are there any better monsters where i can train my range at?

im basically using full dhide, archer helm, crystal bow, and barrows gloves

lost rights to my dark red text >:(

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

12/20/06 - QUEST CAPE OF ACHIEVEMENT

Barrows sets: guthan, verac, dharok, maybe ahrim eventually <- lost to a hacker whole stole everything of worth from my bank

i am only 61 range but ive found green dragon's and daganloth's are good to train on. yes it does take a while i understand that and i know im not that level yet but ive fould this out i hope it helps you.

Blackaddy65.png

Dragon Drops: 2 left half, 1 right half, 2 D2H ,3 dradon med, 2 dragon pleatelegs, 3 dragon plateskirt.

armadyl drop: 1 plate shared between 4.

Zamorak drop: 3 spears.

Barrows Drops: 2 Guthan's spears, 2 Dhorak's helm, 1ahrim's, hood, 1ahrim's body, 1ahrim's legs, 1ahrim's staff, 3 torag's hammers.

KBD: share of vissage.

Total cash from drops made: approx 32425000gp

Well I think that there's a rather good guide in de archive of wisdom, you can search for it. And if you want to know some monsters...

-Yaks (don't know which quest is needed to acces)

-Ogres (cages in the training camp)

-Fire giants (under the baxtorian falls)

-Moss giants (north of Aradounge)

-Green dragons (I think it's good for money and fairly good training)

-Ankous (level 4 of the security stronghold)

-Greater demons (they're ok for experience)

-Lesser demons (not that bad either, but no good drops)

That's all I know for now...

I am currently level 48 ranged.....what is the best place for XP... I have the dwarf cannon too....I need to range fast to at least 70
Get your own thread...

If your gona stick with black dragons switch to a rune c'bow and a zamy book, thats a 98 ranged bonus and it never degrades, addy bolts will be about the same cost per shot as the craystal bow and hit higher(both weapons are about the same speed). Knives are also a really good weapon choice because they are fast (again use with a zammy book), but they have a lower range bonus so training on a lower level monster such as yaks, experiments, or fire giants would be better for them. You'll get actual drops with the black dragons and it will probably be less boring, but knives on fire giants is better xp per hour.

Does it really matter whether I was right? #-o
This is Tipit. There is nothing more important than being right.

Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down in the mind before you reach eighteen.

• 3 weeks later...

ive eventually got 70 range i did dwarf cannon on rock crabs and dagonoloths.

hell hounds are good aswell if you can access them that's the only problem plus you's need fairly good food. i used monks.

good luck

Blackaddy65.png

Dragon Drops: 2 left half, 1 right half, 2 D2H ,3 dradon med, 2 dragon pleatelegs, 3 dragon plateskirt.

armadyl drop: 1 plate shared between 4.

Zamorak drop: 3 spears.

Barrows Drops: 2 Guthan's spears, 2 Dhorak's helm, 1ahrim's, hood, 1ahrim's body, 1ahrim's legs, 1ahrim's staff, 3 torag's hammers.

KBD: share of vissage.

Total cash from drops made: approx 32425000gp