Improvements to Fist of Guthix rewards

Moonshadow

My suggestion has mostly to do with improving the way fist of guthix items are recharged and set into the set boxes.

The recharging for Fist of Guthix items should be more like barrows items. Barrows items are only settable when they are at full. When they are hit even once, they go to Guthans Helm 100 instead of just Guthans Helm. I suggest that Fist of Guthix items work the same way. When a Rune Berserker Shield has never been hit on before, it would be just Rune Berserker Shield instead of Rune Berserker Shield 100. Once it was hit once, it would go to Rune Berserker Shield 100. I also suggest you can fix the items in their partial stages for a reasonable cost. In barrows items, I am pretty sure you can repair a Veracs Brassard 80 for a partial cost instead of paying the same cost it is at 0. For a Berserker shield, the cost is 50 tokens for a full repair. Just divide this by 5 and you get 10 tokens. So, at 80, it would cost 10 tokens to repair, at 60% 20 tokens, so on and so forth.

All Fist of Guthix Gauntlets would be tradable in either form.

The next part of my suggestion is how they are set. Since fist of guthix items are used commonly, I think they deserve their own sets and they should be tradable when they are fully charged. When the items are at maximum capacity, they can be set. There should be a Druidic Set, Combat Set, Rune armour set (l) with Berserker & Gauntlets, Rune armour set (sk) with Berserker & Gauntlets and Adamant sets like the rune sets above.

For an examine or an operate function, maybe they could put how much more combat it will take for the item to degrade.

I suggest someone from the Fist of Guthix minigame moves to the grand exchange or a more convenient place so you can repair your items. Maybe someone moves into the house next to bob's axe repair or bob himself will repair the items. This would be better since FoG is quite a long walk from varrock.

One new item suggestion:

For 50 tokens, you can buy a magical orb from them that has 10 charges. This would act like an amulet of glory, you rub it and a screen pops up and you choose from either three places. When you select rub, it will take you to the Fist of Guthix minigame, clan wars or the Bounty hunter volcano. The interface can be interrupted by combat like an amulet of glory, so it can't be used as a one click teleport (not that you would need a one click teleport anymore).

tfssig.png

Comments in bold.

My suggestion has mostly to do with improving the way fist of guthix items are recharged and set into the set boxes.

I like the way you think!

The recharging for Fist of Guthix items should be more like barrows items. Barrows items are only settable when they are at full. When they are hit even once, they go to Guthans Helm 100 instead of just Guthans Helm. I suggest that Fist of Guthix items work the same way. When a Rune Berserker Shield has never been hit on before, it would be just Rune Berserker Shield instead of Rune Berserker Shield 100. Once it was hit once, it would go to Rune Berserker Shield 100. I also suggest you can fix the items in their partial stages for a reasonable cost. In barrows items, I am pretty sure you can repair a Veracs Brassard 80 for a partial cost instead of paying the same cost it is at 0. For a Berserker shield, the cost is 50 tokens for a full repair. Just divide this by 5 and you get 10 tokens. So, at 80, it would cost 10 tokens to repair, at 60% 20 tokens, so on and so forth.

Right you are. I agree. One problem - Gauntlets never degrade. So would you let them be in their tradeable state forever, or keep them tradeable at 0?

The next part of my suggestion is how they are set. Since fist of guthix items are used commonly, I think they deserve their own sets and they should be tradable when they are fully charged. When the items are at maximum capacity, they can be set. There should be a Druidic Set, Combat Set, Rune armour set (l) with Berserker & Gauntlets, Rune armour set (sk) with Berserker & Gauntlets and Adamant sets like the rune sets above.

Ok with the druidic set and such, but I don't quite agree with gauntlets and zerker shields. They aren't in the set, they are seperate.

For an examine or an operate function, maybe they could put how much more combat it will take for the item to degrade.

Yes, or the time until it degrades. Add it to Barrow items too.

I suggest someone from the Fist of Guthix minigame moves to the grand exchange or a more convenient place so you can repair your items. Maybe someone moves into the house next to bob's axe repair or bob himself will repair the items. This would be better since FoG is quite a long walk from varrock.

Nah, I don't think we need this. It's a 1-2 minute jog from Varrock if you teleport. Besides, they aren't that expensive and you could buy a few pairs of zerkers then recharge them all at once. It's what I do.

One new item suggestion:

For 50 tokens, you can buy a magical orb from them that has 10 charges. When you select rub, it will take you to the Fist of Guthix minigame, clan wars or the Bounty hunter volcano.

I only disagree because it introduces a 1-click tele for f2p (or two-click, but it's essetially the same for f2p). I would love it, but I don't think Jagex would add it. They added the Skull Sceptre only because it takes a long time to get in f2p, while I can get 50 tokens in 20-30 minutes.

Moonshadow, I fully and completely support your ideas. We could use a few enhancements and fix-ups to these newly-made F.O.G. items. :thumbsup:

As for this...

One new item suggestion:

For 50 tokens, you can buy a magical orb from them that has 10 charges. When you select rub, it will take you to the Fist of Guthix minigame, clan wars or the Bounty hunter volcano.

I only disagree because it introduces a 1-click tele for f2p (or two-click, but it's essetially the same for f2p). I would love it, but I don't think Jagex would add it. They added the Skull Sceptre only because it takes a long time to get in f2p, while I can get 50 tokens in 20-30 minutes.

30 minutes? Yeah, right, as if! :roll: ... Takes me about an hour to get that many. -.- ... Worst case, however, I guess it wouldn't hurt to triple the token cost, just to satisfy anyone who would whine. :P

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Moonshadow, I fully and completely support your ideas. We could use a few enhancements and fix-ups to these newly-made F.O.G. items. :thumbsup:

As for this...

One new item suggestion:

30 minutes? Yeah, right, as if! :roll: ... Takes me about an hour to get that many. -.- ... Worst case, however, I guess it wouldn't hurt to triple the token cost, just to satisfy anyone who would whine. :P

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

Well you don't have to believe me if you don't want, but I average a little over 100 tokens an hour f2p. I try to keep my rating nice and low though, that's pretty much what I do. Whenever I top 1k I lose 2 games to get to 800, which sets me up for a few hours fogging. Not hard really, and then compare my combat to my average opponents (only 4 to date were over level 100 f2p, in f2p). So for me, 50 tokens in 30 minutes is a reasonable amount.

As I said, I'd love it added. Perhaps it will be added, I hope so as much as you do. Just stating a small problem with it, and prehaps we can figure a solution around it.

make the gloves be tradeable forever and let the charges work in a ring of forging like fashion

Now that might be an awesome idea for the rc gloves. :) ... At least then you would be able to sell it if you didn't want it anymore. 8-)

(BTW, as of this post, I'm noticing something has happened to part of your profile, folmer_veeman ... Can you fix that, and get rid of the junk characters?)

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I whole-heartedly agree about discounts for fixing the items at different stages of degrade, but i liked that they were untradeable while charged, because it means you actually have to play the game to get the items, not just something you can buy (..technically).

2imak3l.png

I agree with the recharging idea. Jagex said they degrade like barrows, but start at 100 instead of 'perfect'. As you're right in that Barrows can be repaired partway though the degrade, it should work the same for this.(supposed ftp barrows items)

Disagree with being tradable at full charge or no charge. Gauntlets are the most powerful ftp gloves, and as such, people should have to do at least a little work.

Boxed sets, hm?...Combat set and Druidic set are fine, but the Rune and Adamant sets could take a bit of work. I suggest a Rune Berserk set box ((l) and (sk)) and the same for Adamant. It'd be the same as normal Rune and Adamant set, but is replaced with a Berserker shield instead of a normal kiteshield.

I do agree with a exmaine function for this, telling how much time remains until the next degrade. Maybe add this to Barrows as well, it'd give something more to look at other than the default exmaine.

Don't really agree with someone coming to the Exchange, the walk isn't that bad.

As for the item, it's too much like a ftp Games necklace. However, I have no probelm with a teleport to Fist of Guthix. (unless it's already been added to Games necklace, hmm... :wall: ), so I'm undecided on this.

For everything I agree with, I give a...

*stamp of support*

Need a new signature....perhaps...

The reason for the difference in number of tokens DVD gets vs what Zaaps get, is due to the difference in total levels.

I have 1841 total, and on average, with around 2k+ charges, I get around 18-24 tokens each game. This makes it extremely easy for me to earn tokens.

However, if I use my level 62 pure, which still has under 500 total, I can barely earn 7-8 tokens a game, even with a lot of charges.

But OT: I support these ideas!

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

The reason for the difference in number of tokens DVD gets vs what Zaaps get, is due to the difference in total levels.

I have 1841 total, and on average, with around 2k+ charges, I get around 18-24 tokens each game. This makes it extremely easy for me to earn tokens.

However, if I use my level 62 pure, which still has under 500 total, I can barely earn 7-8 tokens a game, even with a lot of charges.

But OT: I support these ideas!

~Dan

Oh. I suppose it makes sense. Although there goes my idea for a FOG pure...

• 4 weeks later...

All Fist of Guthix Gauntlets would be tradable in either form.

One new item suggestion:

For 50 tokens, you can buy a magical orb from them that has 10 charges. This would act like an amulet of glory, you rub it and a screen pops up and you choose from either three places. When you select rub, it will take you to the Fist of Guthix minigame, clan wars or the Bounty hunter volcano. The interface can be interrupted by combat like an amulet of glory, so it can't be used as a one click teleport (not that you would need a one click teleport anymore).

I also had this question very soon after reading the update. Very soon after did I realize the answer: jagex wants people to at least earn 50 tokens and play the game, not just buy the thing without playing the game. I would like the operate function of both barrows and fog stuff though ^_^. The orb for a about 100 tokens and gives 10 teleports to fog and 10 to recharge would be nice, but fairly useless since I have 114 combat and fog is in 6 or 7 wildy. It doesn't take that long to escape dark beast revs. There's already the games necklace which teleports to Burthrope games room, Barbarian Assault, Bounty hunter, and Clan Wars.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

Didn't think of this before...

<<<Quote Snip>>>

Zaaps1, you don't know? Jagex has always seemed to be out to kill pures, however much they say they are not. I don't think they know how to balance a game and leave room for pures too. :(

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

Didn't think of this before...

<<<Quote Snip>>>

Zaaps1, you don't know? Jagex has always seemed to be out to kill pures, however much they say they are not. I don't think they know how to balance a game and leave room for pures too. :(

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

Yeah. I was thinking there would finally be a pure type that's fun and isn't dead yet. =\