What gear to use as an Ancient / Meleer

Zekei

(This is the old post, scroll down to see my changes) What kind of gear should I use as a ancient / Meleer, im going to have the following stats (lvl 112 combat top Mid crater BHing)

85 Att

99 Str

75 Def

99 HP

99 Mage

71 Pray (was 52, but my prayer is too close to that and if I do the quests I want to do i'll go over it, and 71 pray puts me at max so why not =D)

99 Range

6 Summon

Also I was thinking what level I should start bhing at, I was thinking 80 Att 90 Str 60 Def 82 Mage 52 Pray 70 range? Would those be good for mid crater p2p BH using....

Helm: Neitiznot

Chest: Ghostly

Legs: Ghostly

Necklace: Amulet of Strength

Cape: Legends Cape

Feet: Climbing Boots

Hands: Ghostly

Weapons: Dragon Scimitar

Ring: Ring of Recoil

(99 range is there because I can achieve it without gaining CB lvls)

I was wondering if i should bring only Melee Gear, only Mage gear, a combo of those two or a combo of all three (range mage melee) and if I should bring any other things and if I should use ancient staff or melee gear, or bring both.

Edit: made it 99 str and lowered Summoning so I can pk all 3 types w/o worrying about getting xp and lvling thus making me go into a higher crater.

Zekei1.png

99 Slayer... Never gonna trim you up.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

[hide=Slayering Time]Zekei1.png[/hide]

i think this gear would decent (never tried,so don't take my word for it)

netiz helmet

glory

ahrim robe top

ahrim robe bottom

Dboots/rune boots/climbing boots

barrow gloves

99 cape(t)

Rune defender

DDS/whip

I'm thinking instead of ahrim's I could use mystic and I wouldn't be as much of a target lol.

And instead of a Rune Defender I could use something like a Zammy prayer book so I can do higher Blitzes and Barrages.

If I was blitzing I was wondering what I should have in my Inv, I'm thinking this gear:

1: Super Attack (3)

2: Super Defense (3)

3: Super Strength (3)

4: Magic Potion (3)

5: Super Anti-Poison (3)

6: Black Dragonhide Chest

7: 400 Death Runes

8: 400 Blood Runes

9: Dragon Dagger (p++)

10: Shark

11: Shark

12: Shark

13: Shark

14: Shark

15: Shark

16: 600 Water Runes

17: Shark

18: Shark

19: Zamorak Brew (3)

20: Super Restore Potion (3)

21: Saradomin Brew (3)

22: Shark

23: Shark

24: Shark

25: Shark

26: Shark

27: Shark

28: Shark

Helm: Helm of Neit.

Chest: Mystic Robes / Ghostly

Legs: Mystic Robes / Ghostly / Black Dhide

Necklace: Amulet of Glory

Cape: Fire Cape / God Cape / SkillCape

Feet: Climbing Boots / Rune Boots / D Boots

Hands: Barrows Gloves / Black Dhide Vambs

Weapons: Abyssal Whip / Zamorak Prayer Book

And I could Super set up, Mage Pot up Zammy / Sara pots as well as my antipoison and then use a dose of Super Restore and go in fully statted up and just find sum1 Blitz or Barrage 'em til they are at about a half of their HP and walk up and do sum DDS specs and if they eat thru 4 dds specs I can whip the rest of them down til either 1 of two things happen:

I have to eat a lot, at which I can just Back up and blitz him down while I use that time to eat, and go back in for one or two DDS specs and then kill him with more whip and repeat this step as necessary

OR

He starts running at which I spam Barrage on him and run up and DDS own him

....and most of them shouldn't last that long so.... its pretty much going to be Blitz spam and 4 DDS specs to take care of it =D

Please tell me if I should change any of the above and if u have the time tell me which of the armour I should use together out of the ones I picked above, or if any of the above things don't work =D

Zekei1.png

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

kk i'll consider doing that too =D, ill use em depending on how much cash I got on me atm I suppose, and how long I plan to BH

Zekei1.png

• 3 weeks later...

A setup I remember for ancient/melee in wildy was:

Neit/zerker helm

Ahrim's robes - has all round defences

Rune/d boots

Glory

God cape for magic attacks or legends for better def

RfD gloves

whip and dds

recoil

Seems like it would still work to me lol.

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15

Neit/zerker helm

Rune/d boots

Glory

RfD gloves

whip and dds

recoil

You should consider using a Torags helm. I'd like to add you should probably keep rune armor and dhide/karils in your inventory, and a becon ring for some extra magic def. Also, you need should probably take a couple more sara brews. If I were you, stay in mid creater. I'm lvl 117 P2P, and High Crater is nearly impossible. 90% of everyone has barrows, a Godsword, or both. :wall:

• 2 weeks later...

More Changes....

85 Attack

99 Strength

75 Defence

99 Magic

99 Ranged

71 Prayer

6 Summoning (its already there unfortunately :wall: )

I'll bring the following:

Head: Neitiznot

Chest: Ahrim's Robetop

Legs: Ahrim's Robebottoms

Cape: Strength Skillcape / Fire Cape(if not 99 str)

Necklace: Amulet of Strength

Gloves: RFD Gloves

Boots: Dragon Boots

Weapon: Abyssal Whip / Unholy Book

(All potions are max dose)

Consumables:

1 Super Attack

1 Super Defence

1 Zamorak Brew

1 Magic Potion

2 Super Restore Potions

2 Saradomin Brews

1 Super Antipoison

14 Sharks

Other Armor:

DDS

Black Dragonhide Top

Runes:

300 Death Runes(600 if Barraging)

300 Blood Runes

450 Water Runes(900 if Barraging)

This should be enough to last up to 5 minutes in mid-crater if I didn't pick up drops from kills, or 1-2 kills.

Questions:

Am I bringing the right number of Runes? Sara Brews? Super Restores?

Should I use a different weapons?

Should I use a Glory instead of a strength amulet?

Are there any other pieces of gear that I should switch out?

Does anyone have advice for using Ice Blitz/Barrage and a DDS/whip?

Should I use a Black D-hide Top? if not, what should i replace it with in my inventory?

What is a good Agility level to have when bhing?

My Assumptions:

Don't use Ice Blitz more than twice (Because they will start eating after the first ice blitz)

Stand about 6-9 squares away from the person you are fighting when starting the fight (so that you can get to them faster if they use Range/Mage, and when they start eating)

Save food/brews, use Ice Blitz / Blood Blitz to start fights (Obviously to save food and save time by doing damage while getting healed)

Turn on Melee/Item Protect after killing somebody (So that people can't hit you hard while grabbing loot and so that you don't get hit out of no-where being killed)

Switch to Black Dragon-hide top if you are being attacked by a mage (but not if they use it in conjunction with melee)

Always start fights with Ice Blitz first (not blood blitz because they will run at you, losing ground, and not melee because you lose the element of surprise with ice blitz i.e. they will notice you running at them, but if you cast a spell on them they are less likely to notice)

Use Sharks during melee combat, and use brews before fights to have an HP advantage

Don't be afraid to safe if your opponent is hitting hard (i.e. Dharoks, AGS users......) so you don't get KO'ed (I know this might be considered cheap, but dieing with food in your inventory is worse...)

All Suggestions and Tips are appreciated :thumbsup: , and harassment is looked down upon :shame:

Zekei1.png

Neit/zerker helm

Rune/d boots

Glory

RfD gloves

whip and dds

recoil

You should consider using a Torags helm. I'd like to add you should probably keep rune armor and dhide/karils in your inventory, and a becon ring for some extra magic def. Also, you need should probably take a couple more sara brews. If I were you, stay in mid creater. I'm lvl 117 P2P, and High Crater is nearly impossible. 90% of everyone has barrows, a Godsword, or both. :wall:

Beacon Ring is a good suggestion, thanks, but I have plenty mage Defence using what was last posted so I think im fine just using recoil. Torags helm may give extra stats but is a bit more expensive than a neitiznot helm, plus neitz gives a high str bonus and a pray bonus, I think too many brews would be making my already fairly low defense level even lower, and I am planning on mid crater heheh, i'd probably go 138 once I hit 113 combat by controlled whip training...

Zekei1.png

I just thought that if I was close to levelling Attack/Defence from controlled training I could switch to a Saradomin Sword (I would have a LOT of money by then because of the amount of pking I would be doing) or if that doesn't work I could just switch to Dragon Scimmy/Unholy Book

What do people think about either of those options?

Zekei1.png