Pollnivneach dungeon bosses after Smoking Kills- a Miniguide

Vincent

If you like to live dangerously, dont read or follow this miniguide or open the different sections; go in with whatever you think will work.

After completing the quest Smoking Kills, in order to gain access to all the training areas in the new dungeon in Pollnivneach, you must defeat 4 slayer dungeon bosses, besides the 1 in the quest. You can only fight 1 boss at a time. Each boss has their own respective area; separate from the other bosses.

For each boss you will need the required slayer lvl. Kurask requires lvl 70 slayer. Turoth lvl 55 slayer. Basilisk lvl 40 slayer. Cave Crawler lvl 10 slayer. These bosses are not to be underestimated! I recommend banking if you need to restock your supplies. :)

Use the Slayer ring to teleport to Pollnivneach if you have it; If not just use the Magic carpet or if your house is in Pollnivneach use the Home teleport spell.

Enter the well in the CENTER of Pollnivneach. Be sure to wear a combined muffs/face mask or Slayer helm. In the corners of the dungeon are barriers to pass. After passing the barriers, climb down the stairs for each particular section.

There are 4 bosses besides the 1 in the quest. The 4 bosses are:

Kurask boss Northwest section

Cave Crawler boss Northeast section

Turoth boss Southwest section

Basilisk boss Southeast section

This dungeon requires that you wear a COMBINED face mask and ear muffs; Due to the dust and since the Banshees are aggressive and in the middle.

The four bosses and methods to defeat them:

Kurask boss-[hide=][no pic]

The Kurask boss is not that hard. Wear a Slayer helm or the combined muffs and facemask. Use protect from melee. Use a Leaf Bladed Spear or Broad arrows or Slayer staff and Magic dart. I'm not sure if you can use Broad-tipped bolts or Leaf blade sword. I used a Leaf Bladed Spear and Piety and had no problems at all. Take good food just in case and an extra prayer potion. Have full prayer points going in. Wear good armour. Pot up with str atk and def if you want. This boss will summon other Kurasks but if you have protect from melee on you wont get hit. Kill the boss and you're done; you dont have to defeat the ones it summons. Take a 1 click teleport just in case.

Summation:

Wear a Slayer helm or the combined muffs and facemask.

Protect from melee.

Use a leaf bladed spear.

Take an extra prayer pot just in case.

For all the bosses; take food, a 1 click teleport just in case, as well as use good armour and weapons. These are Slayer monsters, dont forget that, so take the correct Slayer gear.[/hide]

Cave Crawler boss- [hide=]cavecrawlerbosskq2.png

This 1 is interesting. It will poison you regardless of whether you drink an antipoison or not. Use protect from range. Wear a Slayer helm or the combined muffs and facemask. Take 1 or 2 antipoisons and drink them during the battle but mainly drink 1 for after the battle. Focus on killing it. Protect from range. Use decent armour and weapons. Use the piety prayer if you have it. Pot up with str atk and def if you want.

Summation:

Protect from range.

Use good weapons and armour.

Take a prayer pot or 2.

Take 2 antipoison but mainly for after the battle.

Take good food just in case.

Take a 1 click teleport just in case.[/hide]

Turoth boss- [hide=]turothbossov8.png

Same as the Kurask it will summon others. Wear a Slayer helm or the combined muffs and facemask. Use protect from melee and Leaf Bladed Spear and Piety, if you have it, or atk and str prayers. You can also use Slayer dart or broad arrows; not sure about broad bolts or Leaf Blade Sword. Pot up with str atk and def if you want.

Summation:

Protect from melee.

Use the leaf bladed spear or slayer dart or broad arrows.

Take a prayer pot or two.

Dont worry about the 1s it summons just kill the boss.

Take 1 click teleport just in case.[/hide]

Basilisk boss- [hide=]basiliskbossoe0.png

Wear a slayer helm or the combined muffs and facemask. This is the boss I had the most trouble with because I didnt know what to take besides the mirror shield. Protect from mage! Its mage attacks will reduce your stats even if you have protect from mage on; but you wont get hit for damage if you have protect from mage on. Take a restore pot or 2. Your stats will get reduced as you battle the boss. Pot up with str atk and def if you want. Take a prayer pot and an extra 1 just in case. Take good food just in case. Wear good armour.

Summation:

Protect from mage.

Equip a mirror shield.

Take a super restore potion or two.

Take a prayer pot or two.

Restore your stats halfway through battle.

Use piety if you can.

Protect from mage at all times.

Take a 1 click teleport just in case.[/hide]

After defeating these bosses you can now train freely in these areas if you bring the required slayer gear. Wear a Slayer helm or the combined muffs and facemask. I recommend the Slayer helm. Dont attempt to fight the Abberant Spectres without a Slayer helm. The Abberant Spectres in this dungeon are non-aggressive btw. :P

If you have a Slayer ring this is a very convienent spot for Basilisks, Kurasks, Turoth, Cave Crawlers, Banshees, and Aberrant Spectres. The Banshees here drop level 3 clue scrolls btw. I dont know about the others' drops.

You can learn to make the slayer helm by completing so many Slayer tasks as a reward. Right click the Slayer master to see the rewards you can earn.

Credits: Thanks to pienaple for the pics.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

I don't mean to be too harsh, but you really should have gotten right to the point with alot of stuff. I just did this yesterday, and the stuff you need to know to fight them is all hidden under spoiler hider things. Also, why do you need a summation for a bit of text thats 3 lines long? You should have just put in the summation itself. And finally, how does the slayer helm help you if you're praying? It doesn't especially since it doesn't provide prayer boosts.

Because you could folllow you're guide and defeat all the bosses I give you a 7/10 though. Improve the grammar and It'd be an 8.(It was kinda hard to read)

ajk822.png

4031st person to 99 Thieving on 5/25/2008

If anyone plays NBA Live '08 online on the Wii please PM me. I'm up for anyone.

Ok. That makes sense. Protect from range on the Cave Crawler boss.

I need confirmation that you wont get hit for damage by melee attacks if you protect from range.

The poison was easy to deal with; but that makes sense to me.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

Thanks for the reply. I'm not saying you cant beat them all without banking. I'm saying I recommend banking and it's not hard to do if you have a bunch of slayer rings; Or your house is in Pollnivneach.

Most players would benefit from banking at least a couple times and this guide is written for the majority of players. Do whatever suits you best. I personally had to bank a couple times since i went in with minimal preparation.

The idea is to bring everything you're going to need and then some.

Really, if you just bring 3 prayer pots, an antipoison, and a little food, along with leaf-bladed spear/ eaf-bladed sword which of course works(idk y u would think it wouldn't) you can get through it only taking the damage from the poison.

Also, yes, protect from range does protect you from all damage. Next time please make sure you know what you are talking about before writing a guide.

ajk822.png

4031st person to 99 Thieving on 5/25/2008

If anyone plays NBA Live '08 online on the Wii please PM me. I'm up for anyone.

i went in and didnt get hit by the cave crawler except the poison with protect from melee. but if protect from range eliminates the poison damage AND all damage then that's what should be done and i changed the guide to reflect that.

this guide is done. the methods all work. i didnt write the guide for people to complain. If you want to kill all the bosses in one trip then take all the equipment you will need for that 1 trip. but if you need to bank, that's fine too.

I hope people make good use of the guide. ::' FIN

I don't mean to be too harsh, but you really should have gotten right to the point with alot of stuff. I just did this yesterday, and the stuff you need to know to fight them is all hidden under spoiler hider things. Also, why do you need a summation for a bit of text thats 3 lines long? You should have just put in the summation itself. And finally, how does the slayer helm help you if you're praying? It doesn't especially since it doesn't provide prayer boosts.

Because you could folllow you're guide and defeat all the bosses I give you a 7/10 though. Improve the grammar and It'd be an 8.(It was kinda hard to read)

Anti-Range Prayers as far as I know do not prevent:

Wall Beast Head Grip

Banshee Wail

Dust Devil.. Dust

and so on???

Why on Gilenor would you be protected from dust by praying for the dust to go away...?

Also, have you jacked someone's forum account/lived under a rock recently? The Hide tags are to make the guide smaller and easier to navigate. Plus if someone only wanted to read about only one, he wouldn't spoil it for the other three.