1 itemers.....

donkeykong1

I hate the noobs that walk into bh wearing nothing or like 1 rune scim or rune plate, then once they go in with basicly nothing they expect noone at all to attack them and if you do theyll just say get off well then whats the point of even coming in i mean i can understand a lvl 85 with full rune asking a lvl 100 to stop attacking him because he actually has something to lose unlike the 1 itemers......

url=http://www.draynor.net/]Nice742.png[/url]

Is it honestly any worse than those who would one or three item in old wildy? They took what they were willing to risk, which was, honestly, nothing. Those people who one-item in BH plan on turning on their prayer to save that item when their hp get too low. Best thing to do is figure them for an easy kill and take them out fast.

Honestly, it's a game of don't take what you aren't willing to lose. The level 85 asking the level 100 to stop is also ridiculous as the level 85 chose to risk their rune eq by entering bh with it on. And, if you aren't willing to lose it, go to clan wars or FOG.

If you want an honest solution, bh with people you know and agree to gang jump people who one item before anyone else goes after their bounties. While it may seem harsh to those who one-item, it might get the point across.

ysa the 85 that walks into bounty with full rune isn't expecting to get attacked and what do you mean risking it they could just run right out if a lvl 100 attacks em but with the guys with 1 item jsut waste your food and pj you in a no arm fight!

This rant is as old as the wilderness itself, and never amounts to any serious discussion.

QFT. Been here for eons, man; nothing new.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

What do you mean that level 85 isn't expecting to get attacked? He's someone's bounty, right? So, someone is going to attack him. Also, it's supposed to allow a free-for-all in it, from what I have read (haven't played). So, the level 100 is free to attack him, bounty or not. That's part of the point of bounty hunter, anyone CAN attack you, not that everyone will, therefore, you shouldn't take anything in that you aren't willing to lose, just like wildy was. As you noted, the level 85 can just run out, just like you could in wildy, although I am assuming that it's less difficult in bounty hunter. Ok, enough on the topic of the level 85 vs. level 100.

Back to the 1-itemers. In the Bounty Hunter area, is it single combat only or are there multi-combat areas?

If it allows multi-combat, you get a group together of people who want to bh "properly". If any one-item players come in, you gang jump them first and get them out of the game. If they come back, you do it again. Rinse and repeat as needed.

However, as I remember hearing, there are many different views on what is the "proper" way to pk, the one that allows you to have fun is the "proper" way for you. For some people, the "fun" level is based on how much loot you get, for others, it's how many people you kill, and for still others, it's how high of a level player you are able to pwn.

There are also those who consider the fun factor to be, win or lose, how close the fight is. They don't want your stuff, they DON'T want to pwn you (no challenge in that), they want to fight you and they want you to fight them. These, imho, are the best of the lot and the "true" pkers.

You might also consider that some of the one-itemers are new players who aren't yet ready to risk expensive equipment in order to play. Perhaps you might try talking to some of the players to see which category they fall into. If they are actually new to pking, you might be better off teaching them more about pking. Take them to the fight pits to first teach them one-on-one pking and then to clan wars to teach them more about group pking. You might just end up making the entire thing better overall that way.

if the lvl 85 is the lvl 100's targert then he can just log it happens all the time but most 100's are smart enough not to attack and 85 cause its jsut a waste of lobs but there are those few who just aren't that smart.

It's part of the game. They are giving themselves a handicap by only taking one useful item, in an area where many players have many useful items. It's not like they are going to get much out of it - it's just annoying. Kind of like RC Pkers.

my opinion is simple: if players can far cast, if players can use overpwoered swords, if players can use dark bows, if players can call you a noob for not killing you, then i'll simply piss you off by bringing in nothing. i honestly cannot stand people who are over obsesed with retreiving loot from dead players. my advantage is your downfall.

Popoto.~<3

1 iteming is a good strategy in some situations but they usually lose. u will only see few times when they have gotten a decent kill. and in that time wasted they could have done something more useful. the thing u said about a level 80 asking a 100 to stop. wtf is that? u go to the bh knowing u r going to fight? asking for someone to stop attacking u is so noobish? 1 iteming is sometimes a good strategy but rarely wins. the only thing i hate about that is when i kill them in retaliation and then i get pjed. i just avoid them. i really dont fight for the armor etc. i fight for the fun. i would just rather fight someone who is willing to risk more. and it is always useful selling his drops for more supplies etc.