laptop making weird noises eeek!

ok the laptop makes this rrrrrrrrrraarrr noise randomly when the laptop is on.as soon as it is off the noise stops.when i tap the laptop the noise stops then starts up again.

it has started doing this an hour ago.help please?

the mods are riding my ass for it

More or less, it's the fan. It *could* be broken, it *could* be in needing of a thorough dusting.

Take a close look at it, if you can help it, without taking the whole thing apart. I'd tell you normally to have at it, but for laptops, fans are buried under 35 minutes of screw hunting. :(

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

More or less, it's the fan. It *could* be broken, it *could* be in needing of a thorough dusting.

Take a close look at it, if you can help it, without taking the whole thing apart. I'd tell you normally to have at it, but for laptops, fans are buried under 35 minutes of screw hunting. :(

Much easier solution should be tried first.

Unistall the driver on there now AND then install the latest driver.

How the hell does a laptop fan have a driver?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Opps, thought he was talking about speakers.

If your laptop is making that type of noise then it's most likely you have a velociraptor hiding in there :ohnoes:

But if the noise stops when you tap your laptop then you could just have a loose connection somewhere. But having said that, don't give up on the velociraptor theory just yet, just think how cool it would be to have your own pet dinosaur.

If your laptop is making that type of noise then it's most likely you have a velociraptor hiding in there :ohnoes:

But if the noise stops when you tap your laptop then you could just have a loose connection somewhere. But having said that, don't give up on the velociraptor theory just yet, just think how cool it would be to have your own pet dinosaur.

that would be epic i could start my own team called team hawk err team velociraptor

the mods are riding my ass for it

Epic. :D And most likely the sound is just normal fan operation.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.