SGS? AGS? Or what.

TheHummingbird

Well, my hilt drop earlier today in the morning at armadyl gave me now 80m (i had around 50m before if you're wondering, trio split) cash. I was originally saving up for AGS, but I borrowed one and found it was impressive, but only hit high like 15% of the specs. I also have owned a BGS, which I found good, but the spec wasn't anything special, so it was basically a spec'less big sword =)

Now, I can't find anyone that will let me borrow and test drive SGS for free without paying like 200k+ an hr lol. So i was wondering if SGS would be the ideal godsword for me.

If y'all tip.it-ers could, any AGS/SGS users please share your stories about their GS's and convince me to drop my money on SGS or AGS.

EDIT: And note, I do NOT need anymore gear for doing Armadyl GW. I already have arma chest+plate+dfs+ranger boots+all the junk =p

EDIT (again lol): And don't comment about my stats being able to not use them efficiently ;) I'll be working on them with my (hopefully) GS

Xenon_101.png

Xenon_101.png

99 Range on 08/25/08!

Solo Arma Hilt on 12/06/08! (clicky)

Mmmm... PVP as in.. Bounty? or just any PvP situation?

I mainly do PvM, and only PvP in safe locations, so I guess in your opinion SGS suits me more?

Well i pretty much used it at fog alot, burst then a ags spec=KO, and ye it suits any pvp action...but heres a thing about a sgs, alot of people are using bunyips to heal thus leaving it useless but its still useful at dks and other bosses

gabby_air.png

Best tip.it F.O.G. player =)

"No mercy for the weak, no pity for the dying, no tears for the slain"

Well bunyips dont work for everything. I can use one and I still know several slayer tasks that it won't last me through (like hellhounds). How's the AGS at monster hunting? (I know its good at crashing bandos) =p, but what about slayer typed kill (alot) of (blahblahblah) monster?

Xenon_101.png

Xenon_101.png

99 Range on 08/25/08!

Well bunyips dont work for everything. I can use one and I still know several slayer tasks that it won't last me through (like hellhounds). How's the AGS at monster hunting? (I know its good at crashing bandos) =p, but what about slayer typed kill (alot) of (blahblahblah) monster?

That i cant help you with :shock: , i only play minigames when im on runescape \' but well look at it this way, they have same stats so your just using a different spec after 5 mins which would make the difference :D

gabby_air.png

Best tip.it F.O.G. player =)

"No mercy for the weak, no pity for the dying, no tears for the slain"

SGS is by far the best option except in a few circumstances. Those are:

-Competitive (lootshare off) boss hunting

-Solo boss hunting (BGS is best for this, but SGS is a close second)

-KO and run based PVP (BH qualifies. Duel arena doesn't, though that hardly matters anymore.)

-Places where HP and prayer aren't an issue (Fist of Guthix is an example- you're not going to be worried about dieing when you're hunting. Some weak slayer tasks may also be an example, though keep in mind you can put your extra prayer to use by using piety)

-Castle Wars (ZGS is by far the better option here, though I don't understand people who drop 50+M on a Castle Wars weapon...)

In all other circumstances, SGS is best. In cooperative boss hunting, the extra hp and prayer let you last far longer. You can share your extra supplies with the team and allow the trip to go on longer. In slayer, the ability to heal without switching to Guthans is invaluable, and combined with a bunyip often means you won't need any other form of healing. I find myself using my SGS all the time, like when I'm ranging. I bring along my SGS, and use eagle eye as much as the special allows. The applications for free hp and prayer are boundless, and much more applicable than an extra 25% damage. AGS is for those who lack creativity and flexible thinking.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Thanks for your response green, being a ranger myself, I've thought about places I could put it to use, as in. Lets say I'm Red Chinning, I can bring my SGS to spec a zombie/skeleton for some extra pray, maybe lasting a few minutes longer.

I've put my offer up on GE for SGS and gonna leave it overnight while I sleep =)

Xenon_101.png

Xenon_101.png

99 Range on 08/25/08!

Thanks for your response green, being a ranger myself, I've thought about places I could put it to use, as in. Lets say I'm Red Chinning, I can bring my SGS to spec a zombie/skeleton for some extra pray, maybe lasting a few minutes longer.

I've put my offer up on GE for SGS and gonna leave it overnight while I sleep =)

Good choice! Yeah, chinning would be a great application for the SGS. I bet if you get decent specs and remember to use them as soon as possible, you'll add a lot more than just a few minutes to your time.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

What? AGS is best for that.

Sometimes when I get bored I sell my SGS and get an AGS for fun, it's great at castle wars/fog/GWD. It's cool to be able to hit a 70+ but that's it pretty much. Even using a bunyip, you still need to heal more health in most situations, and the prayer boost is nice too for pietying slayer tasks.

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

I know. Reread it- that's what I said. That's a list of exceptions, where SGS is NOT best.

I know. Reread it- that's what I said. That's a list of exceptions, where SGS is NOT best.

O ya I misread sry

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

Damn dude you're gonna die from those baconators :shock:

On topic, I agree with all that was said before etc, etc.. SGS's are much better on tasks and definately at DKs(From what I've seen not personally tried), and that extra 25% damage could always end up being 25% of...1...which isn't that impressive in all honesty.

Now, back off topic, I'm buying an SGS once I get back from Disney World woot and such.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20