Well I've got this hard drive . . .

Nom

Quick story: my brother wanted a computer in his room, so we tried to make our old Dell run. It was missing some vital component and wouldn't start, so he got this bright idea to take a TEN YEAR OLD eMachine from my grandma's house. Well, 8 gigs of hard drive just wouldn't do, so I took the 80 gig from the Dell and slaved it to the 8. Kinda lol, but whatever. Well, then I went to install XP on the comp, but the disk drive wouldn't work :wall: So after some failed attempts to steal the disk drive from the Dell, I gave them both up for crap and took the 80 gig HD.

Now to my question. I want to slave the 80 gig to my laptop, which is currently like .5 gigs short of it's full 30. The problem is I have no clue how to do this. It's not made to be an external, so I'm pretty much lost. The HD is a Dell and the Laptop is a Dell, but I can't tell you much beyond that.

Halp?

p2gq.jpg

Taking a tower hard disk and slaving it to a laptop just isn't possible without an external kit. Try as you might, you won't find an IDE (SATA) port on a laptop, nor will you find the appropriate power hookup either.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.