$~~Runescape_rock's Money Making~~$ (May 2006) (AOW)

runescape_rocks

31copy.jpg

Yes, I made that banner.

Notes:

First of all, this guide will contain all f2p methods, but there will be some p2p stuff. There will be no method that requires a super high level. There is no particular order. I will split this guide in 6 sections: a skill section, non-skill section, my personal favorites for getting money, and my special section on keeping your money safe. I tried to make it as easy as it could be. There will be some tips in between the paragraphs, so watch out for them.

Skills

This is how this section of the guide will look most of the way:

[size=18][/size]

[b]Required Levels:[/b] 

[b]Recommended Levels:[/b] 

[b]Items Needed:[/b] 

[b]Cost of item(s):[/b] 

[b]Where to Go[/b] 

[b]Pros:[/b] 

[b]Cons:[/b] 

The above part contains all the information you need to get started. It shows all the info you will need to do the stuff, thatÃÆïÃâÿÃâýÃÆïÃâÿÃâýs why IÃÆïÃâÿÃâýÃÆïÃâÿÃâýll call it the quick lookup.

Steel Bars

Required Levels: 30 smithing or 30 mining if you will get your own ores

Recommended Levels: 30 smithing, 50+ mining if you will get your own ores

Items Needed: Pickaxe if you will get your own ores, 2 coal and 1 iron per bar

Cost of item(s): Steel Bars=550-600 gp per, Coal=100-150 gp per, Iron=75-100 gp per, Pickaxe (rune)=30k

Where to Go Al-Kharid (f2p), Ghost Ahoy Port (p2p)

Pros: low required stats, lots of money per bar, items easy to obtain

Cons: you can only make 9 bars per load

Steel bars are a very effective way to get to get money for low and high level players. You do not need any high stats and gets a lot of money. First of all, the best place to smelt is Al-Kharid (f2p). Put 18 coal and 9 iron in your inventory and keep on going between the bank making bars. The best place for p2p is the Ghost Ahoy Port. Tip: if you click on the furnace, you will be able to find the steel bar icon, right click and click make 10. This leaves you with some free time. Now, back to the subject. I highly recommend that you get your own items instead of buying them because it gets you exp. The best places for f2p to get iron is Varrock East Mine, Scorpion Chasm, or East Falador Mine. The best place for p2p is a little north of Yanille. The best place for f2p and p2p to get coal is the Mining Guild (60 mining), but if you're not it, East Falador Mine or Scorpion Chasm for f2p and coal trucks for p2p.

Yew Logs

Required Levels: 60 woodcutting

Recommended Levels: 70 woodcutting

Items Needed: Rune Axe (any axe will work, but will take much longer)

Cost of Items: Rune Axe=15k-20k, Yew Logs=200-350 gp per

Where to Go East Varrock, Edgeville (f2p), Gnome Stronghold, Seer's Village (p2p)

Pros: lots of money and woodcutting experience

Cons: high required level, slow output unless very high woodcutting, heavy competition

This is a good way to get money, but I personally do not like it for several reasons: high required level, slow output unless very high woodcutting, heavy competition. You don't have to listen to what I say though, find out for yourself. Some good spots for f2p are East Varrock and Edgeville. Good p2p spots are Gnome Stronghold and Seer's Village. Keep cutting and banking.

Regular Logs

Required Levels: 1 woodcutting (everyone has it)

Recommended Levels: any woodcutting level

Items Needed: Axe (rune preferably)

Cost of Items: Log=50 gp per

Where to Go anywhere

Pros: no required stats, easy to get

Cons: only one log per tree

To tell you the truth, I have actually never tried this way to get money, but I am sure this is still an efficient way to get money. With a rune axe you will be able to get a log in one cut regardless of your woodcutting level . There are trees all around Runescape, so just find a patch near a bank and start cutting.

Willow Logs

Required Levels: 30 woodcutting

Recommended Levels: 50 woodcutting

Items Needed: Axe (rune preferably)

Cost of item(s): Willow Log=50 gp, Axe (rune)=15k-20k

Where to Go Draynor (f2p, p2p)

Pros: each tree has multiple logs, close to bank, good woodcutting experience

Cons: not as much money as other

The money for this isn't so great, but it gives you some nice experience for woodcutting. Willows are the way to train woodcutting, so wouldn't it be great to get money too? Anyway, the place to get willows is Draynor. There is a bank a couple steps away and 5 willow trees.

Raw Lobsters

Required Levels: 40 fishing

Recommended Levels: 50 fishing

Items Needed: Lobster Cage

Cost of item(s): Lobster=150-200 gp Lobster Cage=20 gp (confirmation please?)

Where to Go Karamja (f2p), Catherby (p2p)

Pros: a lot of people want them

Cons: bank is very far away (f2p)

I've never tried this since I always needed them for food, but this method is okay. The nearest bank (f2p) is the Draynor, which is fairly far away, so I suggest you go and sell it to someone on the dock. You will probably find someone who will buy it there because they need food against Lesser Demons. The only place in f2p to get them is Karamja, and the best place for p2p is Catherby. It is pretty slow compared to mining things like iron though.

Coal

Required Levels: 30 mining

Recommended Levels: 60 mining

Items Needed: Pickaxe (rune preferably)

Cost of item(s): Coal=100-150 gp, Pickaxe (rune)=30k

Where to Go Mining Guild (f2p, p2p), East Falador Mine (f2p), Lumbridge Swamp (f2p), Coal Trucks (p2p)

Pros: good money, many people want it

Cons: lots of competition

Coal is a very good way to get money. Many people need it to make bars. The best place for f2p and p2p to get coal is the Mining Guild (60 mining), but if you're not in it, East Falador Mine or Scorpion Chasm for f2p and coal trucks for p2p. Just beat everyone to the rock. A secret location not many people know about is the Lumbridge Swamp. It is a fairly unpopulated area and the bank isnÃÆïÃâÿÃâýÃÆïÃâÿÃâýt too far away. The closest bank is the Draynor Bank.

Iron Ore

Required Levels: 15 mining

Recommended Levels: 40 mining

Items Needed: Pickaxe (rune preferably)

Cost of item(s): Iron Ore=75-100 gp, Pickaxe (rune)=30k

Where to Go Scorpion Chasm, Varrock East Mine (f2p), Yanille (p2p)

Pros: extremely easy to get, fast re-spawn time

Cons: overall gain is average

I like mining iron, but sometimes this just won't cut it. The best places for f2p to get iron is Varrock East Mine, Scorpion Chasm, or East Falador Mine. The best place for p2p is Yanille. You can one click every iron at 40 (I think. Someone confirm this please).

Mithril Ore

Required Levels: 55 mining

Recommended Levels: 65 mining

Items Needed: Rune Pickaxe

Cost of item(s): Mithril Ore=350-500 gp, Rune Pickaxe=30k

Where to Go Mining Guild (60 mining)

Pros: lots of money per ore, close bank

Cons: competition and slow re-spawn

The Mining Guild is the only place with a bunch of mithril ore ( actually the wildy has more, but be careful). Tip: if you don't have 60 mining, you can drink a dwarven stout at level 59 and it will raise your level to 60. End tip. There are usually no one specifically looking for mithril, but they will get one if it spawns. There is a slow spawn time. I suggest you mine coal while getting mithril, so you don't waste time waiting for the rock to spawn the ore. A lot of people superheat into mithril bars in the mining guild.

Silver Ore

Required Levels: 20 mining

Recommended Levels: 40 mining

Items Needed: Pickaxe (rune preferably), Brown apron (if going to crafting guild)

Cost of item(s): Silver Ore=250-350gp, Rune Pickaxe=30k, Brown apron=next to nothing

Where to Go Scorpion Chasm (f2p), Crafting Guild (brown apron needed, f2p) West Varrock Mine (f2p), Grand Tree(p2p)

Pros: many people buy it, low required mining level

Cons: not much rocks, slow re-spawn time, lots of competition

I don't really like doing this, because of the slow re-spawn times, but if you really want, I'll tell you. First of all, while waiting in between spawns, mine iron to get your level up and then drop it. You to be quick or you won't get the ore. I can almost guarantee that you will not get all the ore. If a world is crowded or a high level miner is there, switch worlds until to get to one that makes you feel comfortable. Silver is most popular way to train crafting even though it is very expensive, so selling will be no problem.

Rune Essence

I know about the pure essence update is, I just don't know what it is.

Required Levels: 1 mining

Recommended Levels: 1 mining

Items Needed: Any kind of Pickaxe

Cost of item(s): Rune Essence=30-40 gp, Bronze Pickaxe=free (near mining guild)

Where to Go Aubury's Magic Shop after doing the quest Rune Mysteries, Magic Guild (p2p, 66 magic0

Pros: Very easy to obtain, easy to sell

Cons: Not that much money per essence

This is very good if you are low leveled and has crappy stats. Aubury's shop is south of the Varrock East bank. Tip: Running on the east side of the bank is faster. End Tip. The Magic Guild is by far the closest. A wizard in there can teleport you there and the bank is just across the street! I would not recommend this if you can mine coal or iron easily.

Big Bones

Required Level(s): 45 combat

Recommended Level(s): 65 combat

Items Needed: Full Rune w/ kite, Rune Scimitar, Cape, Boots, Gloves, and Power Amulet (enchanted diamond amulet), food

Cost of item(s): Big Bone=350-500 gp, Full Rune w/ kite=around 200k, Rune Scimitar=30k-35k, Cape, Boots, Gloves=0 gp, Power Amulet=5.5-8k, food=depends on what you will use

Where to Go Edgeville Dungeon (f2p), Ogre City/ Ogres under chaos druid tower (p2p), Moss Giant Island (p2p)

Pros: lots of money per bone, lots combat training

Cons: many people are also doing this, bank kind of far

The only place for f2p to get big bones is Hill Giants. They are located in the Edgeville Dungeon, which is kind of far from a bank. Tip: another way to get into the dungeon is the brass key door. This door is northwest of Varrock and is surrounded by dead trees. The brass key is located in the room adjacent from the room you come down from the ladder. End Tip. I put the required level at 45, because you can kill one at that level after using lots of food, so you need higher combat to make this profitable. There are usually two people per spawn, so you have to be quick to get the giant. Many people want big bones to raise prayer, so selling them will be easy. For p2p, I like going to the ogres under the chaos druid tower because they are never crowed and pwnage exp, plus drop big bones.

Regular Bones

Required Levels: 5 combat

Recommended Levels: 15 combat

Items Needed: a weapon, some armor and a bit of food

Cost of item(s): Regular Bones=50 gp, the rest of the armor + weapon is your choice

Where to Go Lumbridge Chicken Pen (f2p), Lumbridge Cow Pen (f2p), Lumbridge Goblin House (f2p), Edgeville Man House (f2p)

Pros: monsters easy to kill

Cons: competition in f2p world, you have to bank often

This is one of the best ways for low level players to get money. The monsters to kill should be level 2, so that low-leveled players won't get killed. You can probably kill them very fast, but the problem, you have to bank often, and there is competition also. If you don't want to bank bones, then good luck if you get a zombie or shade random event because mean people will try to trap you in the pen, where you will get owned. There are also many bone spawns all around the Runescape world if you are lazy. The wilderness boneyard has a bunch of spawns, and the Edgeville Dungeon near the Hill Giants has some also.

Feathers

Required Levels: 3 combat

Recommended Levels: 5+ combat

Items Needed: any weapon and armor

Cost of item(s): Feathers=10 gp, weapon and armor depends on what you have

Where to Go Lumbridge Chicken Pen, Lumbridge/Draynor Chicken Pen, Champion's Guild (f2p, 32 QP)

Pros: works well while getting bones

Cons: lots of competition

If you want lots of money while low leveled, this is your job. To get feathers, you have to kill chickens. They are level 2, so they won't kill you. The closest bank is Al-Kharid or Draynor. A chicken can drop at the most 15 feathers including the bone. So that's 200 gp. Great isn't it. Quick, easy and lots of money. The Champion's Guild is generally less crowded, but the people there are usually higher level.

size=18]Cow Hides[/size]

Required Levels: 3 combat

Recommended Levels: 5+ combat

Items Needed: Weapon + armor from tutorial island (after getting some money, you can upgrade), some beef or chicken for food

Cost of item(s): Cow Hides=100 gp each, Free armor + weapon, food can be cooked on your own

Where to Go Lumbridge Cow Pen, Draynor Cow Pen (better)

Pros: meat to cook, lots of money for low leveled

Cons: may be crowded

This a great alternative to feathers. The only difference that there is a 100% chance you will get 150 gp per cow you kill (bone=50 gp, cowhide=100 gp). Nice isn't it. Not for high-leveled people, but for low-leveled people it is very good. After filling up your load, you can take a short jog to the Draynor bank and then come back.

Zamorak Wines

Required Levels: 30 combat or 30 range and 30 hitpoints

Recommended Levels: 35 combat with 30 defense or 35 range w/ 35 hitpoints

Items Needed: Addy Weapon (scimmy preferably) and full mith at least (addy preferably) or studded leather with at least 200 steel arrows, 25+ of food (tuna)

Cost of item(s): Zamorak Wine=1k each, 12k for melee set, and 12k for range, Tuna=100 each

Where to Go Chaos warrior temple

Pros: training exp

Cons: dangerous for low levels, may wander into wild :lol:

I don't really know much about this, but who cares. Basically all you have to do is run over there and kill everyone in the room before another one respawns and grab the wine. Rinse and repeat. Don't get killed and remember to eat.

High Level Alchemy

Required Levels: 55 magic

Recommended Levels: 55 magic

Items Needed: Item to alchemize, one Nature Rune per item to alchemize, fire staff

Cost of item(s): Nature Rune=300-400 gp, Fire Staff=1.5k gp

Where to Go anywhere if you have the items ready, Varrock World 1 if you are going to buy and alchemize

Pros: lots of magic experience

Cons: not much things for f2p to alchemize

High level alchemy is 1.5 times the price if you sell it to the general store, or the bandit camp located in level 20 wilderness. For f2p, basically all they can alchemize are rune medium helms. They cost 10k on the street and can be alchemized for 11.52k. P2p has better choices to alchemize.

Pking

Pking, or player-killing is a good way to get rune armor and weapons. Very risky and highly profitable. You have to be pretty high-level, like 90+ or pk in a group because there are usually some clans out there ready to destroy you. Look for someone with a skull, bring your best food and armor, have full prayer, and fight it out! Stay away from the axe hut unless you are confident, because usually DI is there ready to own you.

Dark Warrior Castle: located in level 10-12 wilderness, many pkers roam this castle hoping to trap people in there with the numerous doors to use.

Lvl 1 to 5 Wilderness: on the Free to Play worlds, this is the best spot to kill newbs. Of course, you are also one of those newbs if you are able to attack them.

Other places to be scared of: Ice Plateau, Bandit Camp (if you can't teleport yet), and any high level wilderness.

Tips for running away from pkers: Once you stay in an area for 15 minutes, the monsters there won't attack you anymore. An "area" means Bandit Camp, Dark Warrior Castle, Ice Plateau, Sapphire Spawn, and there's more, but find out yourself. If you're training there, when you see a pker out there, stay there and the monsters will attack him. Then he will walk up to you and get mad because he is already under attack and will have to kill that monster to attack you. Then you can laugh at him and run away. This only works in no multi-combat zones.

Non-Skills

In this section, there will only a paragraph explaining each method.

Merchanting

Buy low, sell high. Stay in Varrock World 1 with all your money and you will find plenty of good deals. Learn the market and you will get rich. Make sure the market will not drop the next day after buying it though. You can get 100k gp in an easy deal sometimes. First, stay there, looking at all the people selling and buying stuff. Buy the lowest, sell the highest, but don't fall for scams.

Steel Bars: You can hang around Varrock Square, Fally East Bank, or Al-Kharid bank and find people selling them for 500-550 gp each. You can buy those from them and look on a forum and sell them for 600 gp each making a 50-100 gp gain.

Runes: You can look in the Varrock general store and you can sometimes find runes in there for cheap prices. Also, the magic shops have pretty cheap runes also. You can hang around Varrock Square and buy them for cheap prices from other players.

Arrows: You can look in Lowe's shop and the Varrock general store for some good arrow.

Logs: The Varrock general store is packed full with thousands of different kinds of logs. Regulars, oak, willow, and sometimes yews are all in there. Buy them and run to the Varrock West Bank, and sell them to other players.

Rune Scimitars: These great weapons are good to merchant. You can buy them from other player for 30k and sell them to other ones for 35k for a 5k gain. If you are lucky, you can find a rune smither who has a hundred of them. Stay in Varrock Square World 1 and look for deals.

My advice is to not merchant rares. The prices are fluctuating rapidly these days, and even though prices are high right now, they could drop any moment. Trimmed armor is kind of going down right now, so I would merchant those right now. Always look out for the latest market news so you won't get behind and lose money. People right now are saying stuff, so the prices will go down. Don't be like them and let the prices change naturally.

Scavenging

Imagine yourself in real life digging through the trashcan looking for food. Fun, right? Well, that's basically what you do when you scavenge. You right click on any note, item, and thing hoping it will be something good. I'm not saying you should do this a lot. Some people don't care about these things. One day these two high lvl guys were flecheting in Yanille when a guy died right next to them. They did nothing so I walked in and grabbed some rune and ranger boots from the dead guy. I think you should watch out for drop parties, people dying, and items on the ground.

War Leftovers

Requirements: 60 HP+, 43 prayer + prayer restored, 20 lobbies and up, telly runes to Varrock (1 fire, 3 air, 1 law). OR level 3 combat.

This method can be very dangerous, profitable, and fun. Basically you check up on big clan's forum and look for any huge wars. Clan war=people with full rune, scimmies, and power ammys=rune items on the ground=very good. If you didn't get what I meant, in essence a clan war will have many rune armor from the dead people. Rush in the battle and start grabbing anything that you can and start eating as soon as you get attacked. Also put on prayer if you are in really big trouble. Most clan wars are near the greater demons, so there will have to be a long way to run before you can telly. The majority of clan members will not waste their time chasing after some scavenging noob unless you are wearing a party hat, which allows you to have an uninterrupted escape unless there are lots of pkers prowling around (they probably will like fighting worthy adversaries rather than chasing a worthless noob). Bank the rune items in the Edgeville bank, and go back there and hope the war is still going on. Have fun being called a noob! They'll probably post your name on the forum if they can see you in the confusion, so you'll be a marked one. If you are level 3, it will be kind of hard to get to the location, but once you're there, no one can attack you.

Personal Favorites

First of all, you do not need to follow what I do. I just want the reader to know what I like best.

1. Steel Bars-I really like this because the bank is close and you can a lot of money per bar.

2. Merchanting-I'm kind of good at this, so I like it a lot

3. Coal-I can mine coal fairly fast, and the bank is very near.

4. Iron Ore-I like mining iron, because the bank for p2p, is very close and you get lots of mining experience.

5. Big Bones-I'm 90 combat with a whip, so I can get big bones pretty quickly, but I usually leave them on the ground.

Well, that's my top 5.

Money Saving

This section will be about how to not lose your money.

Not Dying: Dying is big part of losing money. You only keep three items, so you may lose a couple pieces of armor. To prevent this, you need to bring teleport runes whenever you do quests, or go into the wilderness. Another way to keep your prayer full .It is very handy to whip out protect and run off.

Don't forget the Ring Of Life. Ring of Life will automatically teleport you to Lumbridge with ALL your stuff if your health falls to anywhere between 1 and 10% while being attacked. However, if you get clobbered BIG time it may not save you at all, especially if you're being attacked by BIG hitting monsters or PK'ers.

But it takes no extra room from your inventory and is at least SOME gurantee and protection of your valuable while doing dangerous quests or wilderness visits.

To make a Ring of Life you have to be lvl 57 Magic to enchant it and lvl 43 Crafting to make the Diamond Ring. If you cannot make one they are inexpensive to buy at only a few measily k each. The ring only protects you / workls ONCE. But for the price, can be a real good investment - a life saver.

Not Getting Scammed: Always look at the second trade screen to see if it's what you really want. Many scammers quickly switch items or change the value of money.

Common Scams:

A guy will put out a rune item in a note for a cheap price. Then they will "accidentally" push decline and say "woops, sry" and trade with you again, but this time, they will put out an iron item instead.

Another scam is when you're selling things, you might want 100k, and he puts it out. Then he will change its to 10k hoping you will be dumb enough to accept. To correct these problems, decline, and report.

There is another group scam. Lets say there's three people in Varrock square that you see buying and selling chicken. One says, selling chicken 2k each. One says buying chicken 4k each. One says buying chicken 10k each. Well, first off, chicken is nothing to most people. So why are they selling and buying so high? If you don't know the prices of the item they are selling, read on. Let's say they are doing the same thing with Charcoal. These items are easy to get, but seem rare. Well, look at the guy selling. Then look at the guy buying and think to yourself, why are they not trading with each other? Unfortunately, some people won' be in the same area or they will PM you, so watch out and get to know the prices of everything.

Not Getting Hacked: I won't talk about computer related stuff. It will be about people trying to get your password by asking you questions and telling you stuff. Get a firewall to block keyloggers and trojans.

Common Hacks:

A guy will say I'm Jagex staff, if you don't tell me your password, you will be banned. Ignore this. Jagex staff will have a gold crown beside their name in the chat box. Silver crowns are not Jagex staff, they are just player mods. Emails are the same way. Just ignore them. If they want to ban you, they won't ask for your password. Why? Because they already know your password.

Someone will yell "Look, you can't say your pass anymore ********." They are hoping you will be curious and try it out. You can see your password, so don't try (unless you give it to me).

Pay to Play

Cannonballs

Required Levels: 40 smithing

Recommended Levels: 40 smithing

Items Needed: Cannonball Mold, Steel Bar

Cost of item(s): Cannoball=200 gp, Steel Bar=600 gp

Where to Go Al-Kharid, Ghost Ahoy Port (best)

Pros: lots of gain per bar, zero competition needed, close to bank

Cons: very slow to make

This is one of my favorite ways to make money. I would recommend that you buy the steel bars and then make the cannonballs instead of making the steel bars. This saves you lots of time. The only thing you need to do this way is the Dwarf Cannon Quest. If you want a furnace that is only a few steps from the bank go to the Ghost Ahoy Port. You need to have 2 ectoplasm to get in each time to get in and the amulet of ghostspeak. You get 4 cannonballs per bar.

Unidentified Herbs

Required Levels: 1 or 45+ Herblore

Recommended Levels: Same as above, level 50 combat if you want to collect your own herbs

Items Needed: Nothing if not collecting, ranger armor and a weapon if you are

Cost of item(s): Unidentified Herb=1k-1.5k, Rannar=3k, every herb above that is worth 4k+

Where to Go Chaos Druid Tower NW of Ardoungne (46 thieving), Edgeville Dungeon, Taverly Dungeon

Pros: each herb cost a lot, a bunch of people want them

Cons: slow to get

There are two ways to make money with unidentified herbs. The first one is to merchant them. Buy for 1k and sell for 1.5k. You can find people on the official forums selling them for that price in a high amount. The second way is to buy the unidentified herbs and identify the rannar and above. The way to do this is to go identify some herbs in you bank and find out which pile is rannar/irit and up. Then when you buy the herbs, you will know which pile to identify, Tip: Always buy your herbs in 13 piles. Some people will find out which piles are Guam and Marentill and try to sell them to you.

Dueling

To tell you the truth, I've never seriously stake dueled for money, but I know how to duel. If you were wondering why I don't stake, it's because I don't have staking stats, and I'm to scared to stake anything good. While staking you can either range, mage, or melee. The best to melee because of the whip. The whip makes you practically invincible. Here's an example: When I was level 89, my level 92 friend wanted to duel me, so I went to the duel arena to go duel him. We chose no prayer, no potions, no food. He was wearing full dragon, zamorak staff, and a glory amulet. (if you were wondering why he was lowering his magic attack, it was because he was trying to tank mage) I was wearing warrior helm, rune plate, dragon legs, rune kite, cooking gauntlets, and the whip. I kept my armor on the whole battle while he was maging and I beat him badly. This is mostly credited to the special. The special is max or nothing on a player, so I hit 19 with the special every time. Yes, I did get hit badly, but I hit faster. Then we went and dueled some more, and I beat on him again. Lol, I went a little bit off topic, but it was a nice story wasn't it? Anyways, the point of this story is use a whip.

NOTE: Whip special is only regular damage now.

Here are some tactics in certain situations.

Prayer: Yes, be a prayer noob and put protect on. Watch out for the dragon scimmy special. If there is potions use prayer pots and turn on steel skin, superhuman strength and incredible reflexes.

Potions: Use super sets, and prayer pots if there is prayer allows.

Food: Don't use this unless you have a full inventory of sharks. If you do have them, you will pwn.

Obstacles: Just run to the person you're fighting and beat on them.

Overall Tactics: If you have a full bar of special, use a granite maul and use the special on them and then switch back to whip and start hitting them. Don't try poisoning them if you have whip.

P2p Pking

P2p pking is very dangerous. Nowhere is safe. People can teleblock, dragon scimmy special, entangle you and eliminate you. You just have to fight your way out of it. It is also very profitable now, because you can get whip and maul kills instead of long kills. If you want to kill lots of people and have 94 magic, go finish the Desert Treasure Quest, run right into the middle of a clan war with a Magick's staff and use ice barrage. Bam! Keep using it, put on prayer and eat sharks. You will probably have a price on your head, but that's what you get for messing up a war. If you've had enough or run out of runes, pick up your loot and run out.

Here are some different types of pkers.

Ranger: They usually have an archer helm, full black dragon, a glory ammy, and magic bow and some rune arrows, I recommend rune knives over rune arrows because of the speed. Use rapid style for super fast shooting.

Mage: Use a zamorak staff and mystic robes and shoot everyone.

Melee: Either have a maul, whip, scimmy, or long with full rune and a warrior helm.

Nature Rune Running

Required Levels: nothing

Recommended Levels: some agility

Items Needed: Rune Essence, lots of money-50k

Cost of item(s): Nature Rune 350-400 gp, 20-35 gp

Where to Go Karamja

Pros: lots of money

Cons: your helping someone (lol), the jungle is scary, no exp

What you do is note a bunch of rune essence and sell them to the general store on the Brimhaven side of Karamja. Just buy the essence, run to the altar, give it to him, collect the runes, and run back to the general store. If there's another runner there, they might buy your rune essence, so make sure there isn't.

Monster Drops

Required Levels: 43 prayer, 50 range, 48 magic

Recommended Levels: 43 prayer, 70+ range, 59 magic

Items Needed: Depends on where you're going

Cost of item(s): Depends on where you're going

Where to Go Waterfall (waterfall quest required), Taverly Dungeon, Kalphite Lair, King Black Dragon Lair, Gu'Tanoth (Ogre City, Watchtower quest required, Greater Cage)

Pros: gains can be sudden and large, lots of exp

Cons: dangerous, crowded

Basically, I will show the different monster to fight.

Important: Always use knives while ranging. Never use arrows under any circumstances. (unless you don't have any knives left)

Fire Giants: The waterfall is the best place, because the wilderness is too hazardous. Tip: How to make the Fire Giants stop auto-attacking. When the large door is at the bottom of your screen, stand on the right (the direction) spot in front of the door. From there, you can range/mage them without getting hurt and let the auto-attack time run out. The rock wall on your right blocks the Fire Giant since it is so big. Wait around 10 minutes, or run out there and so if they are attacking you. If you do not, then it's safe to go out. End Tip. Stand on either side of the table and range/mage them. Fire Giants have very good drops. Half key, dragon meds, dragon square halves, and rune scimmies are a few great drops. You will get a bunch of fire runes and blood runes too.

Blue Dragon: You need a dusty key to get in there. To make the baby blues not attack you, stand in the little nook near the exit of the cavern. A blue dragon will spawn right in front of it. At first, it will seem to be able to attack you, but it won't. Once everything stops auto attacking, then you can go stand behind the eggs and stalagmites. Always bring a anti-fire shield while over there or you will get pwned. They drop blue dragon hides and dragon bones along with the usual rune and dragon items. They also take longer to kill than fire giants.

Greater Demons: There are several ways to kill them. You need to do the watchtower quest to get in there. There is a cage of greater demons in the same room that has the ogre shamans. You can either hally, range, or mage them. Ranging is worse because you can' pick up your arrows. Always bring enough room for an inventory telly grabs in case of good drops.

Green Dragons: I don't much about this, but here's a try. They are located in the wild and I believe they are around the eastern side in level 20 wild (may be less). They are in other places, but I don't know about them. I think you have to melee them. Full rune + dragon long/dagger (p)/whip and anti-fire shield are good. Dragon bone=3k and hide=1.5k (100% chance for 4.5k). Like most other high level monster, dragon drops are included as well as rune and half keys, runes and the rest of the stuff. Maybe bring some supersets. Always remember to bring some lobbies at least.

P2p Merchanting

P2p merchanting is really good, because of all the stores that sell arrows and runes in high bulk.

Runes: The Magic Guild (66 magic or 63 and mind bomb) can stock up to 5k in elemental and body runes. The prices can some up to 17 per rune, but the gain is more. The rest of these runes I am going to mention is 3000 in stock and at a flat price. Chaos is 90 gp, death is 180 gp, law is 240.

Arrows: The range guild has really cheap arrows. Blah blah blah.

Links:

Runeboard

Disclaimer: Anything you or anyone else did resulting in a loss from my directions is not my problem, however, it is yours. I do not care what happens to you and/or your items unless you keep on bothering me. Anything that I said in this guide is true in my mind and will work if used correctly. If you don't like my guide, too bad. If you want me to get rid of this guide, you must pay me 1 million gp + 10k per word taken away. If this guide helps you, that's great and I will be taking donations. Any donation over 10k is greatly appreciated and highly recommended. I don't care if this text is too small for you. If you have read all the way here, you must give me all your items, money, armor, etc...

mysig31ha.png

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm seems to have been removed.

Will try to find out why.

IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve had a few situations where some posts I was looking for disappeared.

Yeah if your posts that you lost weren't bad then chances are they have been caught up with bad posts and removed by a mod/admin like your old guide thread. Should pm a mod/admin if you think that has been done. :)

sig2ho7.jpg

Hey, in Silver Mining you should also add in Crafting Guild.

They have 6 Silver rocks bunched up together and in about 40% of the worlds, no one is mining rocks their because you need 40 crafting to enter the guild.

The Crafting Guild is also not too far from East Fallador Bank.

IMO this is the way to go since 6 free silver rocks, medium distance from bank is way better than coal.

Silver is around 300gp+ if you have a good amount of them and that's double coal.

However some people tend to take your spot so you may have to switch worlds every half hour or so..

Hopefully I helped :)

for the Big Bone method...

I'd say bring a good weapon ( i recomend rune scimitar, longsword or battleaxe) a good shield(rune kite),an amulet of defense, 1 - 5 foods (swordie for f2p, shark for p2p), and runes for varrock teleport...

you sit there at the boneyard and collect the big bone respawns...if any pkers come, hold out as long as possible using your food (and possibly prayer), then run down to lvl 20 wilderness and teleport... if you die, you keep your sword, shield and ammy

another 3 items would be a sword, plate armor and legs armor

if you know youre going to die...frantically start burying bones, so you can get some prayer xp, while preventing the pker(s) from getting big bones

GreenAgeOfSovereigncopy.png

btw the small text at the end is :D

Disclaimer: Anything you or anyone else did resulting in a loss from my directions is not my problem, however, it is yours. I do not care what happens to you and/or your items unless you keep on bothering me. Anything that I said in this guide is true in my mind and will work if used correctly. If you don't like my guide, too bad. If you want me to get rid of this guide, you must pay me 1 million gp + 10k per word taken away. If this guide helps you, that's great and I will be taking donations. Any donation over 10k is greatly appreciated and highly recommended. I don't care if this text is too small for you. If you have read all the way here, you must give me all your items, money, armor, etc..

I have an important contribution that you need to add in to the guide. In the section about big bones (f2p). First, there is a big bone respawn in the bone yard in the wilderness. Second, hill giants are not the only f2p monsters that drop big bones. Moss giants (lvl 48, located in the edgeville dungeon and on crandor isle) drop big bones, and so do Ice Giants (lvl 57, in ice cave). With these contributions, as mentioned in your guide, I expect my name to be in the list of contributors.

RSN: Hellomoron