28-Aug-2008 Postbag from the Hedge

Hippodo

(btw, I already found a mistake in Jagex's npc naming: the guy above the GE, watching the beacon, is called Waldo. But Waldo was the son of the legendary Hero Wally, who lived several hundred years ago, if I'm not mistaken.)

I can't see how this matters. Possibly his parents were history buffs and wanted their son to be proud of his name? But regardless, there are like 9 guys named pete and several other name overlaps, so unless you feel like pointing all of them out, don't even consider this. Lest you prove the KBD right that we are unconcerned with what matters.

ny_lucario.png

(btw, I already found a mistake in Jagex's npc naming: the guy above the GE, watching the beacon, is called Waldo. But Waldo was the son of the legendary Hero Wally, who lived several hundred years ago, if I'm not mistaken.)

I can't see how this matters. Possibly his parents were history buffs and wanted their son to be proud of his name? But regardless, there are like 9 guys named pete and several other name overlaps, so unless you feel like pointing all of them out, don't even consider this. Lest you prove the KBD right that we are unconcerned with what matters.

Well it doesn't matter, I agree with you there, but I just think Jagex is trying to keep double names out of the game, except for the Pete family, and Polnivneach, cause those are jokes. How else can you explain names like Aeonisig Raispher, Heironymus Avlafrim or Polmafi Ferdygris!?

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

Perhaps the compass reference is saying that the quest will deal with evil on from all the sides of the map

such as

North: Penguins

South: Monkeys

East: Vampires

West: Elves

Good idea, I'd say the North would be the trolls though.

And possible South being Ogres, but Monkeys are more likely :P

This would be a convergence of story lines.

North has GOT to be mahjaratt, nothing else in the north is a huge threat

South has got to be the monkeys which = gnome story line, which lines in red axe

East has got to be the myreque

West has got to be the elves

As for thth name i ran thru a few anagram solvers and they came up with nothing, so it may jsut be a stupid name

nothing is a huge threat in the north...

Wilderness, GWD and the all powerful Penguins mean nothing to you!!!

Its most likely the penguins. THe mahjaratt seem as if they would be either somewhere else in the big quest or much later in the future

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!