edard

i dont know much about computers so i was wondering how good this laptop is

Item Specifics - PC Laptops

Condition: Refurbished Processor Type: Intel Pentium 4 M

Brand: Dell Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz

Screen Size: 14 inch Processor Configuration: Single Core

Operating System: Windows XP Professional Memory (RAM): 1 GB

Primary Drive: CD-RW/DVD Combo Hard Drive Capacity: 80 GB

it doesnt say how old it is and i know its not the best but could it handle like 2 programs running at the same time. like rs and music or rs and music and tip it? or should i start looking for a different one. the price is around $400-$600

Bad_Eulogy.png

Doesn't look too great if you want to be playing a bunch of games. It might suffice for normal web browsing, probably RuneScape...But 1GB RAM? Seriously? That still exists? How about a video card? And the 1.6 GHz is a bit...Urghhh.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Doesn't look too great if you want to be playing a bunch of games. It might suffice for normal web browsing, probably RuneScape...But 1GB RAM? Seriously? That still exists? How about a video card? And the 1.6 GHz is a bit...Urghhh.

I Use 1GB Ram perfectly fine :?

But no that laptop sucks If you want a good one you have to spend alot more =/

for 600 quid you could get A LOT better

I got http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Acer_Aspire_6920_Gemstone_Blue_Laptops/prod.asp for just a little over 600 last week.

Remember 600 quid is about $1200 dollars :D Might be out of his price range at the moment.

heh, oh yeah, didnt even think to see which currency it was.

Tk5SF.png

Wow that laptop blows some serious crap.

I have Duo core 2.0ghz (like 2.5 times faster then yours)

3GB of ram (3 times of urs)

320GB Harddrive Space (4 times :) )

Plus Nvidia Geforce 8200M G graphics card that can run any game i throw at it at the highest setting (except for oblivion).

And on and on and I only bought this for 600$. You can do MUCh better then that.

Skatepank that's pretty nice. What company made it? Here's mine:

Duo core 2.0 ghz

4 GB of RAM

100 GB harddrive

Nvidia 8700 (plus some random letters) graphics card.

I envy your hard drive space :( After installing all my games I have maybe 15-20 GB left.

jjroxlu7.jpg

Mine cost like $1000. Worth it. :|

It's an ASUS F8Sn (Yay Asus), B1 IIRC.

2.1 GHz, 3GB RAM (4 GB max), 250GB HD space, Nvidia 9500M GS (Video card...).

Oh, and apparently no one answered the OP's main question. (We were too busy bashing the computer, I guess) Yes, you should be able to run RuneScape and something else at the same time. Any computer that can't probably fails hard. But like I said, if you want to play more high-end games, good luck.

If you're willing to consider another laptop, try this. I'd get one with at least 2GB RAM and 1.8 GHz if I were you. And a decent video card.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Skatepank that's pretty nice. What company made it? Here's mine:

Duo core 2.0 ghz

4 GB of RAM

100 GB harddrive

Nvidia 8700 (plus some random letters) graphics card.

I envy your hard drive space :( After installing all my games I have maybe 15-20 GB left.

It's HP, and thats not a bad computer yourself (except for HD space :) )

But after like 3 days of torrenting I only have 110GB left! Guess I'll have to buy a removable harddrive, or all of my games won't fit :)

He asks a consumer question and we get people E-PEEN ing and bragging about there specs :roll:

And a [Cabbage] Liar.

Okay dude, you're such an idiot.

First of all you contributed nothing but ill feeling by saying that, and calling everyone a liar.

Also I remember you were calling a liar because you claimed that my laptop couldn't run S.T.A.L.K.E.R.. Now it runs perfecting and if you don't know [cabbage] about computers then shut the hell up.

Is all you do, log in and call people liars on these forums?

I know I'm being hypocritical with all the off topic but I had to tell the fool.

Well.. That's a bit off topic.. S.T.A.L.K.E.R is an extremely demanding FPS game, even some semi-high end desktop users have problems running it without screen lag or hangups.

If you have a $2,500 laptop.. Why not? It could be possible if it has a strong enough inbuilt nVidia/ATI graphics card, although I'd estimate very few people have strong enough laptops to run games like Stalker smoothly. My laptop can barely even launch up games 2x less processor/gfx demanding, and it's pretty powerful.

I doubt OP cares though, he's mostly looking for a laptop that's suitable for Runescape and possibly mild multitasking.

He asks a consumer question and we get people E-PEEN ing and bragging about there specs :roll:

And a [Cabbage] Liar.

Okay dude, you're such an idiot.

First of all you contributed nothing but ill feeling by saying that, and calling everyone a liar.

Also I remember you were calling a liar because you claimed that my laptop couldn't run S.T.A.L.K.E.R.. Now it runs perfecting and if you don't know [cabbage] about computers then shut the hell up.

Is all you do, log in and call people liars on these forums?

I know I'm being hypocritical with all the off topic but I had to tell the fool.

Yes you are a god damn hypocrite cause no [bleep]ing way in hell can you and ur big epenis laptop run stalker at max like you said.