Which final fantasy is the best?

Blitzmage13

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is another Final Fantasy 7 RPG coming out, this time for the PSP.

Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII [working title] will be an action RPG, and it is currently slated to release in early 2006. The game will be produced by Yoshinori Kitase, who directed the original 1997 game. Tabata Hajime, who directed Before Crisis - Final Fantasy VII, the mobile phone Compilation game, will direct Crisis Core. The character designs will again be the work of Tetsuya Nomura, who designed the characters for FFVII, FFVIII, FFX, and the Kingdom Hearts series, among other Square Enix games.

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/crisiscorefinalfantasyvii/news_6111574.html

8 was far too slushy, but I have only just realised now who Squall's dad is and I am very happy that they got that right. :)

Best Final Fantasy? That's easy.

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest. Or, for those who live in America, Final Fantasy Adventure.

The greatest Final Fantasy game of all time. It had the best plot, the most evil enemies and the most clever plot twists ever. The characters were believeable and best of all, it was for the Game Boy!

It was the only Final Fantasy that made me cry at one point.

kikoskiasigniture14ug.png

7s gaming system is dated but its plot is by far the best. Im sure the original game and cover for PS1 will become valuable in the future (fingers crossed guys!).

7s gaming system is dated but its plot is by far the best. Im sure the original game and cover for PS1 will become valuable in the future (fingers crossed guys!).

i agree, final fantasy 7 was the best, 10-2 was alright, but it can never top 7 :)

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest. Or, for those who live in America, Final Fantasy Adventure.

The greatest Final Fantasy game of all time. It had the best plot, the most evil enemies and the most clever plot twists ever. The characters were believeable and best of all, it was for the Game Boy!

It was the only Final Fantasy that made me cry at one point.

Mystic Quest != FFAdventure. Mystic Quest was a reaallly [cabbage]ty SNES game

I have asked myself this question many times before and i could never decide on which FF game i liked best. I thought each and every one was a master piece and was great in its own way and like some have said already, "I was really sad when the games ended. Especially 7 becuase it was the first one i played and it had a fricken' great story line. However, i would have to lean towards either 7 or 10 as being my favorite.

hells_box.png

I can't agree with you on X at all. Storyline was amazing? Far from it. The world was beautiful and lush, but that's just graphics. Blitzball was the worst thing to ever happen to final fantasy. The sphere grid thing got lame fast. Tidus was just another whiney main character who's voice acting was horrible. The storyline just bothered me with all the stuff with his dad and everything.

hmmm i loved 10, it was the second best ive played. The story line was good becase not a whole bunch of stuff from the past need to be explained, and a feeling of preasure to win each and every fight was there from the start. I know that Blitzball was crap, but it was just a side game, y ou only had to play it that one time. The sphear grid was the second best type of battle upgrade system (next to 10-2's super sphere dress changes). It allowed alot of costimization of characters. In all of the final fantasies ive played, there is 1 whiney character, and in this one, it follows squall from #8. A character who starts of crapy at the start, but realizes who he/she is near the end and acts better. He just needed to learn to stand up to his father, and for what he belived in, then he acted like a man.

All in all, i think it was an awsome game, perhaps could of thougth of better systems for upgrading the aeons, but it was good. Im not being agianst you, im just saying that that preatty much all Final fantasies are the same, people jst dont realize it.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

ff7 is the best game ever

but in difficulty, ff8

How do you mean? If you mean FF8's the hardest.. I found it the easiest cause it's only 1000 exp for each level and the monsters level up with you so you can easily get to level 100 at the start.

3/6 ownage

7 ownage

9 average

8 blows [wagon]

10 ok the first time through

tactics ownz

2/4 ownz

the old school nes final fantasy ownz

11 i have played for pc dont really like

cant wait for 12 to come out really soon its gonna own

phixcire.png

I loved ff7! It was amazing...i cant wait to play the new one with updated graphics coming out on the ps3...i saw a preview of it on cinematec or whatever on g4/techtv.

And to the guy who said everyone loved it cuz it was thier first- NO

I played chronotrigger and earth bound and all those good ol snes rpgs so you have no clue what your talking about

RedVII is my hero

Unfortunately there are rumours going on the remake to ps3 wont be released, ever.... the preview you saw was a "technical demo for ps3" so some people say sony just showed how great graphics will ps3 have :(

anyways, i prefer ff7 though i have only played 7-9...

crono trigger,secret of mana,secret of evermore,earthbound,tecmo secret of the stars are all examples of great snes rpgs breath of fire 1+2 also that isnt vivi in that guys sig rofl thats black waltz3 plz learn your final fantasy characters before you answer

phixcire.png

Honestly, 8 and 9 are my favorites. I haven't really played 7 to give it fair judgement so I won't. I hate X and X-2...they were just bad. X seemed to be only about utilizing the graphics of the ps2 instead of making a great game. The storyline just seemed so weak and dull. I did enjoy the pretty colors though.

I won't even go into why I don't like X-2

Truly, I enjoyed 8. It was my first Final Fantasy game. It was great, then a couple of years later played 10 and saw the movie. They weren't very good. Just utilising their graphics like mentioned above.

I reckon I would of liked 7, and haven't played it. But, it would feel like a step back in gaming for me. I'll go with 8

It's better to burn out, than to fade away

The king is gone, but he's not forgotten

- Neil Young