Which final fantasy is the best?

Blitzmage13

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, I've never played FF7, but it would have to be really special to beat FFX.

What I love about FFX is the customising of weapons, and the sphere grid. Between these, you can come up with truly unique characters. There is also plenty to do, as you can try to capture all the fiends, and there are some super hard bosses to out (harder than the end of game boss).

OK, the storyline might be not up to much, but the game is much more. When you get to a certain point you can go anywhere, and do anything. At the mo I'm maxing out my stats, and I still can't defeat some of the bosses!

I found FFX-2 a bit lame, as the three girls really drove me nuts. OK its a fantasy world, but they are just crazy. The new system with the dresssperes is quite nice, but you can't get nearly the same degree of customisation as in FFX

I have to get practically naked when I'm cooking bacon.

I may be immature, but that made me laugh!

ok heres the break down i started the final fantasy series back on nes with ff1 when i was 7 learned from my mom then i played mystic quest,ff2,ff3,ff7,tactics,8 till i got bored and quit,9,10,ffx-2 sucked to bad,ff11,a couple for gameboy,anthologies,chronicles,origins,you name a final fantasy and guaranteed ive beat it or played it

phixcire.png

The storyline was simply amazing and at the time graphics and CG's were awesome. I must have played this game and beaten it over two dozen times haha.

I also really enjoyed 9. I've yet to finish all the mini quests and face the hardest boss (not the last one).. the optional one Ozma.

10 was fun but the storyline was kind of lame plus Tidus and Yuna both had horrible voice acting.

I hated the magic system in 8 and it was too "modernized".

FFVII was the first FF game I ever played and I loved it. It is a great game and a great RPG, but it isn't "omg best game eva!!!!111" by any means.

I liked FFVIII better than VII, and I still do. The main character was apathetic, deep and complex. Howeve the battle system needed a bit of tweaking.

FFIX is one of my favorites, because the characters actually had a bit more personality in combat. In VII and VIII, characters had personality until combat began, and then you discover they are practically all the same. The materia/junction governed them all. FFIX made each character unique to play as.

FFX is currently my favorite I think(I have the international version: Dark Aeons :)). The story line, graphics, sound and gameplay were all amazing. The sphere grid system expanded on the customization of VII and VIII, while still "locking" characters in their prospective roles throughout most of the storyline like IX. Lulu was the mage, Auron was the powerhouse, etc.

FFX-2 took a bit of getting used to. Unlike previous FF games, this one didn't really take itself too seriously for most of the game. However, about midway through, the game takes a more serious turn. The dress sphere system would have been great, but they failed to implement it correctly. I'd love to get my hands on the international version, even though it's all in Japanese. Creature capture made sounds awesome. :(

FFII(IV Jap) was fun until *SPOILER* Cecil became a paladin. Ruined the entire game.

FFX-2 took a bit of getting used to. Unlike previous FF games, this one didn't really take itself too seriously for most of the game. However, about midway through, the game takes a more serious turn. The dress sphere system would have been great, but they failed to implement it correctly. I'd love to get my hands on the international version, even though it's all in Japanese. Creature capture made sounds awesome. :(

I can admit that it took a little getting used too (flashy colours and pop music? for a ff game?) but im wondering, how did they implement the dressphere improperly? I found it worked perfectly cause i could change skills any time i wanted.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I can admit that it took a little getting used too (flashy colours and pop music? for a ff game?) but im wondering, how did they implement the dressphere improperly? I found it worked perfectly cause i could change skills any time i wanted.

It was flawed because there was little to no strategy in the battles, so changing dress spheres in battle was unecessary. Once you find the garment grid that allows you to cast white magic, you will almost never have to change to a new outfit.

It was flawed because there was little to no strategy in the battles, so changing dress spheres in battle was unecessary. Once you find the garment grid that allows you to cast white magic, you will almost never have to change to a new outfit.

Whatever floats your boat... i found it a big help. You cant win if you only have a white mage, and two attackers in some battles. I could go into specifics, but i feel it uneeded. Itr was very good becase some dressheres got some jobs done (for example the harder battles with elementals and machines, the gun mage did perfect cause it did lots of damagae to them).

But if you think its flawed...

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Whatever floats your boat... i found it a big help. You cant win if you only have a white mage, and two attackers in some battles. I could go into specifics, but i feel it uneeded. Itr was very good becase some dressheres got some jobs done (for example the harder battles with elementals and machines, the gun mage did perfect cause it did lots of damagae to them).

But if you think its flawed...

With the exception of a few bosses, mostly the optional ones, simply pressing attack over and over again will win a battle. I played through the majority of the game with everyone on their original dress spheres, without any trouble.

The only time the game is challenging, you still don't have to change dress spheres, because by then you have Mascot.

I liked 9 and 4.

what is easily the worst is crystal chronicles :? that sucked so bad

It had a bad story and wasn't a well developed game, true. And they switched the freaking fighting system which is a lot of whats cool about FF's. But CC had some nice music.

MoguraTipit.jpeg

Tactics Advance. 8)

*high fives*

I have over 300 hours on that game... I havent done all the missions yet and I'm allready eager to play though it once again! :)

FF7 is 1 in my book to. Can't beat the materia system, Red XIII, Sephy, and the storyline.

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

Tactics Advance. 8)

*high fives*

I have over 300 hours on that game... I havent done all the missions yet and I'm allready eager to play though it once again! :)

Is it really that good? well if so im gonna go get it with my sp :) .

How about the story line, is tht good?

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

The story line can't hold a candlr to something like FF7 but then again... Its a gameboy game. :wink:

I do highy recommend it though, some people I know don't like it but 80-90% of them love it. Me and three of my friends got it on half.com for ~$20

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

Me and three of my friends got it on half.com for ~$20

He he if its still there, i can get it at EB for $8-16 (forget, somewher inbetween), used. he he i hope to get that.

Also i know this may sound childish... but i also want to get a pokemon game :oops:

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Tactics Advance. 8)

*high fives*

FF7 is 1 in my book to. Can't beat the materia system, Red XIII, Sephy, and the storyline.

Oh no wayyy. Cloud was simply the coolest character, you also had to love the chocabos, knights of the round :o and ruby and emerald weapon. FF7 easily best.

Hmmm i went to go look at it last night (tactics advanced) (incidently actuly costs 29.99 for used one...), and if its like what it says on the box, i will absolutly not buy it. If im correct, is it that you can form a party, and when they die off you get more, and there is really no spacific characters? I dont like that kind of play, cause i like to be emotionaly attached to the characters, and if lets say one dies, i like it to mean something, not that the character can just be replaced.

Edit: For example Aris, i havent played it, yet i know cloud liked her and that she dies.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai