winged player

Crim_nimora

what if RS introduced a special quest for 1 week that was extremely hard to compleate but as a reward the players who compleate this quest were granted wings and could fly to any major city. Not only would this look very cool but it would truly distinguish the very best players. and allow easy transportation without the waste of gnomes and teleporting spells

it should be useless if you fighting someone though

Winged players sounds a bit silly to me, sorry. It also seems quite familiar to that grand ol' topic: Horses! And everyone knows to not beat a dead horse. No pun intended :) Horses or any sort of flying player (heh) would create a lot of lag, too. I'm sure you mean well, but just let this topic fly away.

No pun intended :)

lpinkus

Its the same thing as teleportation. Dont have runes, go buy them. Too poor? Get some money. A very hard quest would have a cooler reward, and this...is just no. I mean, really, imagine having a freakin person flying around. No jetpacks sorry, this isn't the future. Teleportation is enough.

its better than teleportation you would be able to telebport to ANY major city plus its a distinguishing thing like people wearing dragon in f2p world is pointless but they do anyways

and not jetpacks like a cape but wings

and its a decent reward

Its a stupid reward. You dont have any runes, so now you're trying to get wings into the game. People aren't meant to fly. Many things arent meant to fly. The closest you can get to it is the grand tree. And theres sorta this already, get a glory ammy (100k) and recharge it at the Heroes Guild. Teleport to many cities.

Just noticed this was a "Pokemon" thing, you have pokemon that can "Fly" and take you anywhere on the map...even more stupid.

if u put flying in as a reward it could terminate the game,( like seeds if they are anywhere it will become imposible to plant), cos it would mean u had no limit to the things u could do flying would destroy the game (it would devalue things or would be like the law tally ,one of a kind, ie one time get only) the flying would make it too easy to move across the map.

ps most players would not need to do this as they hace a stack of cash, runes, ammys, and other junk to do it. so its all pretty pointless in the first place. lag would not be a problem though, it could be funny if u had a drink and crashed. also it would be omnipotent so u could go anywhere so bascily it could not work. unless extensively controled like burrows or glory ammy

read the 1+2 ages its the best thing since sliced bread

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Possibly the most ridiculous idea I've heard to date.

Agreed.

I totally agree with Carlos74, you probably can't afford runes lol. Even if they did release this it would make the server lag and would have to be for the elite in the game, so it wouldn't effect you as you would never acheive it. oh, and I bought 10k laws yesterday, would make those pretty pointless too........

i have to agree that this is getting off topic and pointless, the whole world seems to think that it matters what u say and do on forums and rs, it dosent only about 1 in 1000000 ideas ever get used and mostly arnt picked from two players going for each other neck and then draining their imagination

i think that there is an ignore but that i have swiched on cos no one listens to me (i dont really care i talk no matter who is listening or not)

blue tug u should read my posts