Skills over "fun"?

compfreak847

i skill for fun

wont put to much time in it but even lil time still gets a stat up :)

i play for about 6 years and i dont have any 99 stat yet so i guess i like the fun more then hardcore skilling :)

/win

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

I tend to set a goal for the day when I log in. Whether it be a random cooking level, an amount of cash made, or a pre-planned failed trip to Sara GWD. After I acomplish my goal I go mess around. Usually ends up being a few slayer tasks, sitting in Edgeville organizing my bank, or switching to ancients and burning stupid amounts of runes in the FFA clan wars or castle wars. To me, if all I did was set 99 goals and shoot for them, I would have never come back to this game.

Foooman.png

I play Runescape for fun. I don't find skills fun. I don't do skills regularly. For me, it's as simple as that. I don't do things I don't like. Which is why my skills look like they do after nearly seven years. Goals constrict me and force me to do something. I prefer to choose what I want to do on the spot, not follow a planned routine.

Whenever I train, I always switch on two computers, the better computer for training and the other for watching anime, movies and stufts so I don't get bored.

Sometimes I tried to played mini game to break off the repeativeness of grinding, but most of the time it seldom works.

Trouble Brewing= People making "mineral water" instead of rum

Trawler= When it goes late into the night, I end up having more "swimming session" than fish

CW= If I'm grinding for money, the runes spent is not helping

Slayer= It seems the shilo guy wants me to do a mass genocide of 2 particular type of monster...

I also prefer to not to lose "the flow" after hours of grinding. Neverthless, watching anime helps alot. Sometimes, I do feel playing runescape is a chore, meh I guess enjoyment come after hardwork.

Solisticez.png

I would also like to add my to my previous thoughts.

I think a lot of times, players who grind do have the mentality that the work now will allow them to have more fun later. That's how I feel. I feel that my goals right now are going to allow me to do what I find fun later on. Slayer is fun, but PVP or soloing boss monsters would be a lot more fun, and so training Slayer and combat is a precursor to the REAL fun that I get to have when I finish my goal.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.