Popups.

Da Pirates

Maybe you could use AdBrite as well? That's what we use for our clan site.
AdBrite, 2mdn, doubleclick, fastclick, tacoda, and quantserve are all rather bad as well. :| ... And the list goes on, seeing as the PC at which I'm posting from right now has a 7KB-sized hosts file, due to both the house policy and the inability to use AdBlock Plus with the current system config. About the only ones that don't annoy too much is google's and adsonar's, I would say. :-k

(However, those are also blocked on my screen due to house policy.)

~D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

AdBrite, 2mdn, doubleclick, fastclick, tacoda, and quantserve are all rather bad as well. :| ... And the list goes on, seeing as the PC at which I'm posting from right now has a 7KB-sized hosts file, due to both the house policy and the inability to use AdBlock Plus with the current system config. About the only ones that don't annoy too much is google's and adsonar's, I would say. :-k

~D. V. Devnull

On my old computer it was 604 KB. ;)

I got it from here. Yes, I would recommend that as it stops unwanted parasites. But, it also blocks advertisements.

j0xPu5R.png

On my old computer it was 604 KB. ;)

I got it from here. Yes, I would recommend that as it stops unwanted parasites. But, it also blocks advertisements.

I read that file which you linked to the homepage of... And I can say it is very scary just seeing the number of malicious domains out there. :ohnoes: ... However, making note of the 135 KB performance limit under WinXP, I think I'll add entries ONLY as needed to the ones I help maintain. :?

(And people wonder why I'm security-with-functionality oriented? Pardon me while I have a nervous breakdown now... <*falls over*> ...)

~D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering about this too, and after browsing the forum for awhile, have concluded that the Netflix banner ads are responsible. Whenever I see a Netflix banner ad, I get Pop Ups. The rest of the time I have seen nothing.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci