Arabic - Toughest language to learn??

KnightLite

Englis and German are really easy. Estonian seems to be on of the toughest languages. As for me, in school i got more trouble with Estonian, than with English and German.

Finnish looks quite easy for me because Estinan and Finnish are quite similar.

I'll translate Hohto's examples into Estonian too :P

my car = minun autoni = minu auto

your car = sinun autosi = sinu auto

his/her car = hÃÆÃâÃâänen autonsa = tema auto

our car = meidÃÆÃâÃâän automme = meie auto

your car = teidÃÆÃâÃâän autonne = teie auto

their car = heidÃÆÃâÃâän autonsa = nende auto

Cydoor.png

Chinese, English, and German

Chinese is only hard cause of the words that are so different and hard to learn to write at first and the pronounciation if you're not Chinese, otherwise it's not hard at all.

I know Chinese, English, Swedish and a bit of German, and out of those languages I find German the hardest.

zippil6wp.png

Thanks for the sig, Runesmithie :)

RIP Steve Irwin

Apparently spanish is easier to learn if you learned French beforehand (or vice versa), or so I've been told by a few people.

Although I never enjoyed taking languages at school, I never had any trouble with german or french and I'm sure that if I actually wanted to learn it and did the work needed I could learn it quite easily.

Romance languages, the both of them. Learning Latin is a good idea if you're interested in Portugese, Spanish, Italian, French or Romansch.

I haven't had any trouble with German, and I've been studying it for five years now.. The most annoying thing is remembering which articles go with which nouns.

Cantonese is an interesting language to learn, not just because of the writing system (craaazy) but because it's an analytic language. You've got specific words participles for plural, gender, and other similar concepts.

I can understand most spanish (written, that is) due to my knowledge of french.

And combining my good knowledge of french, and very basic spanish, i can decipher quite a bit italian... :D

Vmser.png

Yeah finnish and chinese are hard. ( I know myself 'cause I'm finnish but I live in China)

In Chinese language 1 word can mean 4 things e.g. wen means kiss, ask, knife and something else.

You know the longest word in Finnish contains about 45 letters.

Spanish is easy because pronounciation is exactly how you see it.

I've been learning French and Spanish for 5 years now, just taking exams, and i think for some people its very hard to do both, because they get them mixed up, but others, such as myself, it becomes easier for me figure out words when they are written.

I think it also depends on how your brain works, my brain is good with synonyms, and for that reason i say a sentence many different ways, use analogies frequently and effecntively, and im good at languages.

But on topic, arabic is supposedly hard because they dont use any or many of the English alphabet (i know that isn't it's proper name, but i dont know what the name is). And also Japanese and Chinese are apparently quite hard, Respect to you Knightlite for trying to learn a different language, i think its a great thing to do.

manipofsarahs1gg5.png

In Chinese language 1 word can mean 4 things e.g. wen means kiss, ask, knife and something else.

Yeah, there are words like that. There are also words that are written differently with different meanings, but pronounced the same way, for instance the "wen" word you took as an example.

Cool, you're Finnish and live in China? Where in China? I'm also currently in China, in a city called Ji Nan (ever heard of it?). How long have you been living in China?

zippil6wp.png

Thanks for the sig, Runesmithie :)

RIP Steve Irwin