Upgrading my Slayer equipment.

Obtaurian

I'm going for 90 Slayer, and I'm trying to get there as quickly as possible. ALL of my money goes towards Slayer, so my cash pile is steadily rising. I'd like to spend the extra cash on an item that would help me slay more quickly.

I can't decide on what I need to upgrade. Here are the options. I'd be saving up for one of these, as I feel that any one of them would help me quite a bit.

EDIT: It should also be noted that once I purchase an item, I keep it forever.

EDIT2: A few more clarifications. I use a cannon on every task that I possibly can. I also use the 10% prayer on every task. All of the money going towards a new item would be AFTER buying cannonballs and prayer potions. I'm also editing the SGS section.

Bandos Plate

I'm currently using a Guthan's plate.

I'm not quite sure if the extra +4 strength is worth the investment. So far I'm leaning towards buying this first because it's more universal and would help all around.

DFS

Currently using a Anti Dragon Shield/Mind shield for dragons.

I would really only need this for Wyvern tasks, but it would be helpful to have in case I want to go to the KBD for a Black Dragon task, or if I decide to unblock Irons. Mostly though, it would make Wyverns a little more bearable.

Saradomin Sword

Currently using a whip + defender for Gargoyles/Waterfiends.

I would need this for Gargoyle and Waterfiends tasks. I'm currently using a whip for both, and I suppose I could invest in a Zamorakian Spear, but I'd rather not deal with junk trading. Overall, this would make both of those tasks much faster. I'm sort of leaning towards this as well.

Saradomin Godsword

No comparison.

The problem with saving for the SGS is that it will take a long time. I'd rather get the other items sooner, which would then aid me in saving for an SGS. Still, it's an option. I'd be using the Godsword for its specials, and for Dark Beasts tasks when I get them.

Berserker Ring

Using a Ring of Wealth, which I'm happy with.

I don't feel that this is worth saving up for, but it's an option.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Bandos - I personally don't think a bandos plate is worth the investment.

DFS - I wouuld get one for the monsters that hit that bit harder, such as nechs and gargs.

Sara Sword - Personally I wouldn't invest in one, depends on how many waterfiend tasks you get.

SGS - Only valuable for the spec, not worth the investment for day to day training.

Ring - I personally use a warrier (other than mages and abbies), cheaper alternative to Zerker.

I would use the cash you have saved from not buying some of the items above to invest in cannonballs and pray pots (for piety).

Hope that helps.

chumley.png

Personally I'd suggest DFS, it's a great all-around shield. I've got full Bandos with a DFS and it's godly for melee slayer tasks (with a Bunyip anyways lol)

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Bandos - I personally don't think a bandos plate is worth the investment.

DFS - I wouuld get one for the monsters that hit that bit harder, such as nechs and gargs.

Sara Sword - Personally I wouldn't invest in one, depends on how many waterfiend tasks you get.

SGS - Only valuable for the spec, not worth the investment for day to day training.

Ring - I personally use a warrier (other than mages and abbies), cheaper alternative to Zerker.

I would use the cash you have saved from not buying some of the items above to invest in cannonballs and pray pots (for piety).

Hope that helps.

I actually use a cannon on every task that I can. I also use the 10% prayer. This extra money that goes towards a new item is the money left over after buying super sets, prayer potions, and cannonballs. :)

I think you're absolutely right about the DFS. I can't finish a Nechs task without banking. I tend to get a good amount of waterfiends and gargoyles.

But you know, now that you mention it. Investing in using piety might actually be the best route to go. I'm definitely considering it.

dgs5.jpg

You could also buy the SS, do your task and sell it again. Make sure you have the 10M or whatever it costs as a buffer in your bank, and you're set.

I'd go for DFS, I bought one recently and like it especially at tougher slyer monsters such as gargoyles. For lower leveled monsters, rune defender seems better.

Invest in 70 prayer for piety, and 68 summoning for bunyip if you didn't allready. Bandos is not woth it (too expensive), RoW is my favorite (I'm a RoW believer). Don't go with SGS if it will cost you your whole bank.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

DFS isn't really needed, neither is the Saradomin Godsword. Buy a berserker ring. That thing is great , a lot better than a warrior. And for such a cheap price, it'd be sad not to use it. Bandos is kinda iffy. I use it but I have the extra money laying around. Basically buy the berserker first and then save up for bandos.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

DFS isn't really needed, neither is the Saradomin Godsword. Buy a berserker ring. That thing is great , a lot better than a warrior. And for such a cheap price, it'd be sad not to use it.

A cheap price? 2,1m is cheap?

I'd only use a berzerk ring if I had no other use for the money. But if you want to invest all your money towards slayer (which you obviously want), go for it, it's quite useful ::'

None of them. \'

Anyway :

Bandos - A useful item if you have the cash, or are near it. Still not as good as barrows but, if there's one item from this list you need to get, let it be this one.

DFS - You don't really need it. 87 Def is decent enough for most things. Especially if you wear barrows.

Sara Sword - Don't buy one unless you're willing to lend it out on a whim to steadily claim money back.

SGS - If you don't have the cash on hand, don't bother saving up for it. You'll easily have 90 slayer without it.

Ring - Don't bother with this. Use warrior or slayer ring.

Personally I'd rather spend the money on things that help during slayer, i.e. a cannon, and it's balls. Use any remaining money on food/pots/summoning. Doing those things will make 90 slayer more efficient than, say, a DFS.

Duckie_Wins.png

Godswords are lame and not worth the cash. Get the DFS, forget about godswords they are total noob.

Once you have more of a bank roll you might as well get the bandos plate. By the time i hit 90ish slayer i had made enough cash for 99 prayer, you will have enough for the plate soon enough.

Fools_Taco.png

DFS isn't really needed, neither is the Saradomin Godsword. Buy a berserker ring. That thing is great , a lot better than a warrior. And for such a cheap price, it'd be sad not to use it.

A cheap price? 2,1m is cheap?

Err, yeah. :?

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

So now I'm kind of leaning towards a DFS. I think it would be a pretty decent investment, especially since I'd get tons of use out of it. I'm going to be going boss hunting after 90 Slayer, so a DFS would be great to have.

I'd like to see some more opinions!

dgs5.jpg

Now I'm leaning towards a Saradomin Sword. I feel that faster Waterfiends and Gargoyle tasks will be worth the cost. I can also lend it out, as I wont be using it THAT often. I'll make my money back in no time.

This sounds like a good idea to me. I'm about halfway there. I'll probably go and buy it after I get my fire cape.

dgs5.jpg

Get the sara sword. DFS is useless once you have 68 summon and can go through pretty much any task with just a Bunyip.

Sara sword on the other hand, is the fastest str exp in the game and, while being good at the tasks you mentioned, also good at Abbies with crush, and you'll have 85 slayer soon.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Get the sara sword. DFS is useless once you have 68 summon and can go through pretty much any task with just a Bunyip.

Sara sword on the other hand, is the fastest str exp in the game and, while being good at the tasks you mentioned, also good at Abbies with crush, and you'll have 85 slayer soon.

Abbys are weak to crush? :shock:

dgs5.jpg