Formatting a Laptop

J35u5_M4

Yup, it's me again with my laptop, ok so I'm going to format is on december, what are the programs that I MUST install once I do?

For now I only know the graphics card driver, don't know if it needs sound driver/motherboard like the desktop my bro has :/

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Well, you need to get all your drivers. That includes graphics and audio.

Next, you need to run Automatic Updates (I'm assuming this is a windows installation). Download all the critical updates. You can choose software and hardware ones later, but you need the critical ones. Especially the service packs.

After you update it, you need a firewall, antivirus, and antispyware. I would go with Comodo, Avira, and MalwareBytes Antimalware, respectively. Then, get Mozilla Firefox. That will have your computer set for the rest of my post..

I could rattle off a whole bunch of other programs that I find essential...Then again, I do web development, VB, and C++ as well, and experiment in graphics design, so if you don't do any of that, half my programs won't fit for you..

What are you going to do with your computer? Play games? Schoolwork? Do you do any kind of development, like web design, or programming? If you can say something about what you like to do on the computer, I can help you find a program to match that interest, most likely one that I or someone I know uses.

[hide=Funny Quotes]

So you sucker punched a kid in the back of the head? Good job.
What scares me is that you're like 10 years old.
-.- im not that freaking young
You were a couple years ago.
It's not racist if its true.
Hmm... I wonder how one goes about throwing someone out a window in a mystic fashion :-k

The mental image for that is freaking awesome.

[/hide]

- I dont need to "get a life." I'm a gamer - I have LOTS of lives!

Unless you have the recovery disks, go to the laptop manufacturers site, go to the support pages and download the drivers for your laptop and put them on a usb memory stick or burn them to a cd/dvd. If you do have the disks, restore the laptop to factory settings and when you are up and running go to the maufacturers site and check for updated drivers.

ooberman05.png