November 1, 200817 yr Welcome to mah Blawg       Blog created 1/11/08   Under contruction, obviously!   [hide=Introduction]The Introduction   Well, yes, a little bit about me [it's fairly standard I think : ].   To cut a long story short; around 2 years ago, I quit Runescape. I realised I was relatively addicted; it was cutting into my schoolwork and the time I spent with my family, so I stopped playing. Foolishly, I did the 'quit for good' thing, in which I gave away all my items and gold [of which there was a fair amount] and then got a friend to change password/recoveries to a random jumble of letters.   2 years later, now doing well at school, family moving along superbly etc, I thought I might give Runescape another try; however, I could no longer play on my old character. So, after a suitable period of trolling forums [in which I caught up on the changes in the last two years, huge as they are] I created a new account, Aleiath.   Due the changes of the past two years, namely the loss of the Wilderness and the introduction of the Grand Exchange, I decided that Aleiath would be a Skiller, as I no longer have the time or patience to level the neccessary combat stats in order to PvP successfully.   To motivate myself, i've created this blog as a record of my progress/achievements.[/hide]   [hide=The Blog]The Goal   - My *ultimate* goal is to acquire enough gold pieces to purchase a Santa Hat; mainly because it was my favourite rare before I gave my previous one away. Admittedly, this is going to be a long slow proccess, but we all need a goal to work towards.      Hopefully, they wont go up in price :pray: .[/hide]   [hide=Overall Stats][/hide]   [hide=The Plan]Have you ever heard the expression 'Money makes money'? No?   Let me explain: the idea behind it is that the more money the have, the higher total yield from investments, in the case of Runescape, Merchanting [which i've been informed you can do using the grand Exchange]. At the moment, as a new character, I have very little capital;   I plan to change this.   Through Runecrafting. :shock:    *Waits for collective gasp*   ...   Well, anyway. Runecrafting has always been a skill I have roundly ignored throughout my playing of runescape, prefering other less monotonous tasks. However, looking at the new stylish gear avaliable to Runecrafters, even in F2P, I immediately desired the prettyful robes.   The eventual goal is 70 Runecrafting, at which stage I may purchase membership in order to make money faster. However, i'm not likely to have to make that decision for quite a while!   Obviously, I will go insane if I purely pursue Runecrafting, so other stuff is on the agenda. :[/hide]   [hide=Progress]Quests  Rune Mysteries [done]   Just the one.   Mining         According to the Tip.It Calculators, I need a large quantity of Esscence to reach 50 Runecraft, which I will be mining in Varrock. This will obviously take quite a while, as it is a lot of Esscence.   Thankfully, it will also raise my Mining to a respectable level!   Runecrafting         - Comments will appear here when I have started crafting![/hide]   [hide=The Dailys]Disclaimer:   These will be updated each day I play Runescape, and cleared each month. Due to real life constraints, I cant play as much as some people and wouldn't, anyway. So dont be surprised or put out if this blog is inactive for a week at a time!   Day 1 [1/11/08]:   Not much happenned today; finished tutorial island and Rune Mysteries quest. Also created blog! Time constraints due to exam study. Made the blog heading picture thingy.   A good start; mined 1k Ess and achieved 21 Mining.   Day 2 [2/11/08]   A solid days performance; finished Swept Away and the Player Security Stronghold, buffing Runecrafting up to level 15 with a combination of goulash and genie lamps.   Also mined 2K Ess and achieved 31 Mining.   However, due to rpessing exam concerns, i will not be on for the rest of this week. #-o[/hide]   [hide=Acknowledgements]- the blogs just started, so none at the moment![/hide]
Create an account or sign in to comment