Mage getting slain easily by Melee?

dude, this is a bad idea.

give them a downgrade. think about it, a mage has a max hit of 8 at the magic lvl of 13, something a warrior would only acheive at about lvl 30 strenght, and a ranger would get it at about lvl 45-50 ranged.

with all the lower level spells the max damage must be cut in half, IMO.

the mage they hit a 0?? thats just plain unfair.

mid lvl F2P mages are a tad underpowered, wich is why i would suggest giving them snare, and perhaps the wave spells.

yay, I am a ranger, mages don't hit me at all. I can use five food, for them being out and teleing. Range actually is the most powerful in f2p at 40-50. I pop 10's and 11's where melee hit weak on me, as i am faster then iron pures can eat.

Mages have a 16 capped no matter what, melee can go 25+, and rangers have 16 at 99, but range is very fast. Mages need better spells, with a teleblock for about a minute. and a snare.

yay, I am a ranger, mages don't hit me at all. I can use five food, for them being out and teleing. Range actually is the most powerful in f2p at 40-50. I pop 10's and 11's where melee hit weak on me, as i am faster then iron pures can eat.

Mages have a 16 capped no matter what, melee can go 25+, and rangers have 16 at 99, but range is very fast. Mages need better spells, with a teleblock for about a minute. and a snare.

Well, Duh, thats what the triangle is.

Melee owns rangers

Rangers own mage.

Mages own melee.

Rangers SHOULD beat mages. And, I dont agree that mages should be given a boost, seeing as if you use them properly, they will easily eat up a melee'er of a similar or fairly higher level.

F2P mages get owned by melee because they don't know how to pk as a mage... Bind/snare/entangle,run as far as possible, cast spells, when warrior recovers, run away until you can bind\snare\entangle again......

E-A-S-Y. Don't stand there and bind/snare.entangle, step 2 squares away and cast.. That's why you'r getting owned..

All we can do is bind, not snare, or entangle. 5 seconds doesn't even give enough time to clear in 1 shot without being attacked again. Max damage is 16 at 2.33 seconds.

Proud 'The' Guardian Knight

Cmb F126 - P137 | 99/99 HP | 99/99 Str | 99/99 Atk | 99/99 Def | 99 Range | 99/99 Magic | 99/99 Prayer | 95/99 Summoning

theLogo.png

http://www.theclanrs.com/

Well, Duh, thats what the triangle is.

Melee owns rangers

Rangers own mage.

Mages own melee.

Rangers SHOULD beat mages. And, I dont agree that mages should be given a boost, seeing as if you use them properly, they will easily eat up a melee'er of a similar or fairly higher level.

In f2p the "triangle" is:

melee beats mage

melee beats ranger

ranger beats mage

Bind doesn't help 1 vs 1 and you can guess who is winning if mage has no melee defence, melee doesn't have magic defence but melee can hit 25s while mage hits only 16s. Lvl 99 mage hits same as 59 so it's waste of runes to train your magic lvl above 59.

I know mages are underpowered in F2P, I don't know if the highest level bubble is necessary (I heard p2p mages overpowered? =S).

Magical Defense bubbles!

Bubbles do not appear until attacked or when bubble is almost expired. You must wear robes and no other armor designed for other classes except for gloves and boots.

Req 25 magic + 25 defense

Level 25: Defense Bubble. +50 defense to all melee damage. Cost 25 Earth, 25 Water, 5 cosmic runes. Lasts for 5 minutes. Bubble will flash or fade to 50% after 4 minutes of use. (blue bubble)

Req 50 magic + 50 defense

Level 50 Double Bubble. +100 defense to all melee damage. Costs 50 Earth, 50 water, 10 cosmic runes. Last for 7.5 Minutes. Bubble will flash or fade to 50%after 6.5 minutes of use. (Green bubble)

Req 75 magic + 60 defense

Level 75 Absorbtion Bubble. +150 defense to all melee damage. Cost 75 Earth, 75 Water, and 15 cosmic runes. Last for 10 Minutes. Bubble will flash or fade to 50% after 9 minutes of use. (Gold Bubble)

er...incase u haven't notice, that is what spitbark armour is for

I know mages are underpowered in F2P, I don't know if the highest level bubble is necessary (I heard p2p mages overpowered? =S).

Magical Defense bubbles!

Bubbles do not appear until attacked or when bubble is almost expired. You must wear robes and no other armor designed for other classes except for gloves and boots.

Req 25 magic + 25 defense

Level 25: Defense Bubble. +50 defense to all melee damage. Cost 25 Earth, 25 Water, 5 cosmic runes. Lasts for 5 minutes. Bubble will flash or fade to 50% after 4 minutes of use. (blue bubble)

Req 50 magic + 50 defense

Level 50 Double Bubble. +100 defense to all melee damage. Costs 50 Earth, 50 water, 10 cosmic runes. Last for 7.5 Minutes. Bubble will flash or fade to 50%after 6.5 minutes of use. (Green bubble)

Req 75 magic + 60 defense

Level 75 Absorbtion Bubble. +150 defense to all melee damage. Cost 75 Earth, 75 Water, and 15 cosmic runes. Last for 10 Minutes. Bubble will flash or fade to 50% after 9 minutes of use. (Gold Bubble)

er...incase u haven't notice, that is what spitbark armour is for

Try wearing splitbark in f2p wilderness. :wink:

Cmb F126 - P137 | 99/99 HP | 99/99 Str | 99/99 Atk | 99/99 Def | 99 Range | 99/99 Magic | 99/99 Prayer | 95/99 Summoning

theLogo.png

Mages are already EXTREMELY overpowered!

they do NOT need to be totally invinceble.

mages can easily 3 hit warriors AND rangers in lower lvls.

mages are totally indestructible when using ancient spells.

THEY ARE STRONG ENOUGH ALREADY!!

doomvoi is correct mages mainly only win in their lower lvls i made a mage acc he has lvl 49 magic and 18 def i killed a lvl 57 in 7 hits with water blast and im only lvl 36 all he did was do 5 damage. but i c mages get killed when it is a high lvled warrior vs a high lvled mage. RSN(my mage):Fliptik

Magic is the most F-ed up stat in f2p, something needs to be done about it.

theLogo.png

yes, in high level F2P they are a bit underpowered, but they are EXTREMELY overpowered in high lvl P2P (ice barrage, anyone?) if this would be implemented those high lvl mages would be totally indestructible. what i would suggest to high lvl F2P mages is to give them the wave spells and the snare (perhaps entangle too) spell.

and i really do think that for all lower level spells, the max damage must be cut in half.

F2P mages get owned by melee because they don't know how to pk as a mage... Bind/snare/entangle,run as far as possible, cast spells, when warrior recovers, run away until you can bind\snare\entangle again......

E-A-S-Y. Don't stand there and bind/snare.entangle, step 2 squares away and cast.. That's why you'r getting owned..

All we can do is bind, not snare, or entangle. 5 seconds doesn't even give enough time to clear in 1 shot without being attacked again. Max damage is 16 at 2.33 seconds.

Sorry, I forgot... In that case I think F2P should get at least snare. Entangle would be good too.

x12.png

blackgoldrobesrv5.png

Yes I am a girl. No, I won't be your girlfriend. :oops: