Sonerohi's roll to dodge.

sonerohi

I'm starting up a roll to dodge for all those interested. It basically consists of the GM (myself) making a large, complex, and overly frustrating dungeon-like area, and you poor saps failing to navigate it (or are you guys not incompetent?).

At the start all you get to do is choose appearance, and how you enter the first room. I'd like to wait for 3 or 4 people before starting the exploration, but until then feel free to make a move, thus an attempt at skill increase. Also, if you won't be active for a bit, have your move be ____ falls asleep. This lets me know that you are out of comission until I am otherwise notified. I will not be keeping a map for you guys, because it's a lot more fun for story development if someone messes up and thus splits the group in half, arguing over which room is right.

[space reserved for player roster]

Hawkxs: Athos Leafblade, Elf, age 128. Long silvery hair and dark green eyes. About 5'5" and 98lbs. Wears leather armor and carries a shortsword and a longsword, as well as a shortbow. Also wears a necklace with a purple stone attached, and a signet ring with a dragon on it. Wears a backpack with general adventuring equipment.

Archimage: Zax (Pronouced Zach) A long mace, Human, age 31, Male.

Description of starting room: A 7x9 chamber. 8 feet high ceiling. 1 square foot pillars jutting out into the room at each corner. At the far side, dead center, is a statue of a park bench on it's side, with an engraving. The engraving is of a park bench on it's side, that has an engraving on it. That process repeats indefinitely.

Now accepting recruits, early joiners get the most advantages (read: the first four all get a shiny gold badge and a small metal stick, whose purposes might certainly show up later.

sonerohi.gifimage,p0wn,orange,lblue.png

Alright...

Athos Leafblade, Elf, age 128. Long silvery hair and dark green eyes. About 5'5" and 98lbs. Wears leather armor and carries a shortsword and a longsword, as well as a shortbow. Also wears a necklace with a purple stone attached, and a signet ring with a dragon on it. Wears a backpack with general adventuring equipment.

And the plot thickens.... considerably... sorry but I dropped glue into the plot-water. :oops: .

OT:

Athos dropped through a tiny little hole in the ceiling, or at least a big one that closed itself. He glanced around and saw a couple of pillars, each with two holes in it. The one nearest to him shot a metal tube at his face that broke his tooth, and then shot a badge at him that bruised his knuckles while he held the side of his mouth.

(Sorry hawkxs, but you didn't specify so I picked potentials from a hat.)

Athos: Has 1 metal stick and 1 shiny badge. Has a broken tooth (-1 to chewing and talking). Has 2 swords, of different length, has a bow, and some leather armor and a backpack/rucksack/bookbag.

Hawkxs: feel free to start trying to hone your skills, be it magic, hacking up the walls, summoning a burning camel, whatever you want to try.

Archimage: Zax (Pronouced Zach) A long mace, Human, age 31, Male.

http://www.cyberlore.com/majesty/story-solarus.htm

Zax sat on the bench, watching the bench in the sky, and the bench beyond that, as he stood up a room suddenly appeared with four pillars, feeling the tug of gravity he collapses to the side of the bench. Instantly Zax uses the sigil of Helia to attack the strange man standing in the room, the sunlight beam striking him in the leg.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Archimage - rolled a 5.

The blast of fire from the mace was alot stronger than Zax anticipated, and when it roared out of his mace his aim was off just a tad. The ball of fire hurled past Athos, burning away his eyebrows, and exploded against the wall behind him. Just as Zax was recovering from the recoil, a pillar near him shot a stick and a badge into his head, bowling him over.

Summary: Room changes : 2 of 4 pillars are used. There is a hole to the next room on the south side, with the statue on the north side.

Player changes: Hawkxs: -1 to speech and chewing due to broken teeth.

Archimage: Gained +1/10th of an ambushing level and +2/10ths of an explosives and a fire magic level.

Hawkxs, you best get crackin on your skills, because Archi could well kill you soon and finish the dungeon without you.

[Hawkxs rolles a 3 for communicating.]

Zax stopped groaning and looked up at the elf with the blood all over his chin.

[Hawkxs rolls a 6 for perception/investigating]

Athos looked away from the burning stare of Zax to notice the next room filled with several dark-dwarves and goblins, pointing at them with spears and axes and conversing in their guttural language.

Room changes: None to room 1. Room 2: 3 dark-dwarves and 6 goblins have been de-stealthed.

Player changes: Hawkxs has gained +1/10th communicating level, and +5/10ths of an inspecting level.

Prepare for combat guys.

Also, for any curious. A 2 is enough to suceed on anything that doesn't involve combat. For the non-combat things, you'll get a point for every number on the dice.

For combat, a 3 is needed to perform an action shoddily (you might get hurt or do half damage or such) a 4 will do what you specified, a 5 will be a bonus action, and a 6 will be an overshot, like Archi's fireball.

I pull out one of the swords, the shorter one... Then rethink, sheath it, and string the bow. I pull an arrow from my quiver and glance toward the goblins... If they leave, I won't shoot.

"For Helia!" Zax fires another bolt of the sunbeam energy into the gaping hole in the wall, his eyes fill with the golden intensity of the sun(From the fire making level), allowing(or hopefully depending on how I roll) him to see in the dark.

Win or lose on those rolls Zax mouths out of the corner of his mouth "Zak, Solarian, and you are a filthy Elf, once we we done here I shall dispose of you."

"Whyever would you waste life so easily?" Athos mutters. "For it may be that you will have use of me soon."

Oops. Forgot to say Athos takes aim, and shoots, hopefully hitting a dwarf/goblin?

[Hawkxs rolled a 3 and Archi rolled a 2]

Athos strung the bow hastily, and launched an arrow, the string end untieng as the shot left. The resulting fiasco was the arrow went high, hitting the top of the hole in the wall, and rebounding down into a goblins foot, pinning it to the floor.

Zax, meanwhile, launched a pittance of a fireball that, while it's aim was true, only managed to make one of the dark-dwarves beard smolder.

Enemy list:

Goblin1:9 health, pinned in place

Goblin2:10 health

Goblin3:10 health

Goblin4:10 health

Goblin5:10 health

Goblin6:10 health

Dark-dwarf1:12 health

Dark-dwarf2:12 health

Dark-dwarf3:12 health

Players:

Athos: 15 health and his bow has become unstrung.

Zax: 15 health and temporarily blinded.

Player changes: Hawkxs- +1/10th a bow level.

You guys don't actually gain whole levels I hope you know Archi? You just happen to need 10 points to go from 0 (no skill) to 1 (dabbler).

Also, levels only go up to 5, and every level gained will give some small bonus based on the skill. Like Archi's fire magic will give him a +1 to pyrotechnics/explosives once he levels, and *might* grant him some cool scenes later on if he gets it high enough and rolls right in certain circumstances.

OCC: +2/10ths of an explosives and a fire magic level.

So there, one whole fire magic level.

"The elves are not worthy of life, such is your way."

Zak slides the sigil down into the cracks in the floor, levering a short way before discharging a bolt downwards. (The normal effect should be that everyone is blinded and a hole opens up beneath one of the walls (its diagonal) what actually happens...?)

OOC: I already had mah bow strung... two posts ago... Oh well.

"How so?" Athos asks, shielding himself from the light. He strings the bow again, grabbing another arrow and shooting again.

OCC: +2/10ths of an explosives and a fire magic level.

So there, one whole fire magic level.

"The elves are not worthy of life, such is your way."

Zak slides the sigil down into the cracks in the floor, levering a short way before discharging a bolt downwards. (The normal effect should be that everyone is blinded and a hole opens up beneath one of the walls (its diagonal) what actually happens...?)

Game conrtoller as opposed to a moderator... interesting debate. Explosives and fire magic are different, and I'm sorry for the misunderstanding there, I meant it as 2/10ths in both fire and explosives. Sorry to get your hopes up Archi :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: .

[Archi rolled a 6, hawkxs rolled a 5]

Zax dropped the mace into the gaps of the tile, and loosed a trail of light from the head of the mace, that snaked over his hands and down the shaft, exploding through the gaps in a most impressive light show. The ground erupted in a gout of fire, singing everyone's clothes and leaving a crater 3 feet deep in the floor. Unfortunately, the now unconcious mass of enemies rolled down the slopes right to your feet, and they look like they're coming back into consciousness.

Athos had been carefully lining up a shot on a Dark-dwarf before the explosion, and though his arrow once again went high, this time due to the blast, the explosion also sent the Dark-dwarf high, and the arrow pierced his throat and erupted from his temple.

Player changes: Archi now has 8/10ths of a level in both explosives and fire magic. Hawkxs has 6/10ths of a bow level.

Enemies have all lost 1 health, and are all laying on the ground. Except Dark-dwarf 3, who's laying in a puddle of blood and brain goop, from getting an arrow through the skull.

Hawkxs m'boi, try some magic. (Hoping for a duo of fire and ice or fire and cosmic.)

Occ: Moderator powers activate! Archimage uses Uzi and wins!

Anyway...Its alright...I will recover...eventually.

"By the Helia you attempt to decieve me! You have earned your death and only this prevents me from paying your debt."

With the way clear, at least for the moment, Zax takes the moment to explore room two(Ie see if there is a door and get though before the hoard wakes up.)

[Archi rolled a 6]

Zax scanned the room and noticed a trap door, partially uncovered due to the crater, but it was in the other room and there were now 3 fully awakened goblins and 1 Dark-dwarf in melee range.

Engaged enemies:

Dark-dwarf1:11 health

Goblin1:8 health

Goblin2:9 health

Goblin3: 9 health.

Player changes: Archi now also has a 6/10ths of a perception level.

Lets go with a wild swing with the mace-sigil, should act like a Halberd but instead of cutting it is crushing. Since it is unlikely to get though all of them lets go with a Sunbeam-disco effect(Channel energy into the mace, which acts like a disco ball, adding fire and laser damage to the crush attack.)

I'm kinda against moving so fast without hawkxs participating, but right now since it's only you two, plot can easily be handwaved.

[Archi rolled a 3]

Zax attempted to pump fire out along in front of his mace as he cleaved at the line of enemies, but suceeded only in breaking a goblins hit and shooting a beam of fire towards the front of his own shoe.

Player changes: Archi now has 1 and 1/20ths levels in fire magic.

Enemy changes: Goblin3 is now down to 6 health.

With Archi's new level comes the first bonus in the game. After every attack Archi makes, I'll roll for him two more times. If the average is a four, then he'll perform the base action (still dependant on the first roll) and then deal 1 extra damage to the enemy due to the heat radiating from his mace.

Athos pulls out the short sword and goes for any one of the semiconscious (sp?) enemies.. He attempts to channel his fury into the sword, anger from this Zax who thinks that elves are no good to the world.

Zax Jumps back clear of the Goblin and Dwarf attacks, spinning the mace-staff at the same time, creating what could be called a cathrine wheel of death. Helia's powers protect him from direct damage from the randomness of the attack.

[Hawkxs rolls a 3 and Archi rolls a 5]

Athos stabbed down at the unconcious goblin's head, anger coursing through his blood. His sword flashed briefly, and the goblins head crumpled before the sword touched it.

Zax threw a whirlwind of fire into the air around him as he jumped back, clearing close to 4 feet before landing on the lip of the crater.

Enemies:

Goblin2:9 health

Goblin3:6 health

Goblin4:9 health

Goblin5:Dead.

Goblin6:9 health

Dark-dwarf2:11 health

Dark-dwarf3:11 health

Player changes: Hawkxs now has 3/10ths of a Force-magic level.

[Archi rolled a 5 and Hawkxs rolled both a 5+1 and a 4]

Zax's shot burst through what remained of the wall, since the crater took up half of the whole wall area, and squeezed through, hoping to get around behind the enemy or at least to sneak away if victory wasn't plausible.

Athos made a streamlined wave of magic ripple across the front of his sword as he cut through another goblins neck, the force of the magic making the head shoot like a cannon towards the ceiling. He then jumped forward under a Dark-dwarves axe, using his rolling momentum to spring forward and scramble out of the crater, and through the other wall-jole.

Player changes: Archi now has 1 and 6/20ths of a level in fire magic. Hawkxs has 9/10ths a force magic level.

Enemy changes:

Goblin2:Dead.

Goblin3:6 health

Goblin4:9 health

Goblin5:Dead.

Goblin6:9 health

Dark-dwarf2:11 health

Dark-dwarf3:11 health

Just realized I've been a tad leniant on the brutal-and-horrific-death-due-to-being-outnumber-and-unskilled department. I.E. You guys have been killing these guys from ranged distance while they are melee, and then killing the one guy that can get you before he moves. Luckies, may just have to add some rangers in the next fight though ::' .