Combat Guide - Sara Sword Special

Tell you what.

If I have about 15m to spare some day, i'll buy an SS and max magic bonus stuff,and try to hit as high as possible.

Besides, being the owner of an SS for about 5 months I honest to god, saw a spec of 18 with my own eyes.

Saintdane555.png

white.gif

I must admit, that's certainly something. Excuse me while I wipe my drool off the floor.

Whoa my thread was ressurected! I just want to know who is right.

I think the way to prove which hit is melee and which is magic is to:

1. Record Xp of Attack (or whatever you are using, strength, etc.)

2. Record Xp of Magic.

3. Do spec.

4. Subtract the differences and those numbers should go with which number was on top/bottom.

As of now I do not have a SS so that would great if you could try that, then that would show which damage splat is which. Several tests would be nice.

EDIT:...the tip.it guides now say what was wrong in my original post.

Combat Guide - 5-16 damage

Item Guide - 5-18 damage

So which IS right in Tip.it's eyes? And please just stick with one answer. :|

Big_Stingman.png

• 1 month later...
this post may be old but i ran accrossed it through google trying to find out what i should max at. ive read the max combined hit is 60. so far i have hit 40-20(60) and 47-13(60) as max hits, both with bandos,neiz,fury,zerker, and d boots.

We are talking about the magic damage, not the melee. If you didn't know.

If you are looking for a max calculator for strength (melee), Tip.it has a nice one: http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=max_hit_calc.htm

If you are talking about the magic damage. Please provide screenshots, thanks.

Big_Stingman.png

I've read through this thread and the first issue I've come across is that you're basing your probable max hit off of the Tip.It Calculator. The thing is, that thing is inaccurate. Plain and simple. Going only off of it is not a good idea. My proof: Maxed strength and maxed gear (not including Pvp armor or a Fire Cape. Blame my connection). The calculator says I can hit 47 a Whip. I struggle to hit 46. With a Dragon Dagger special, the Calc says 43 x 2. I have rather high difficulty hitting 42 x 2. All in all, it cannot be trusted.

The second thing is that the placement might be able to switch every-so-often. With the changes to the HP bars and how things work, it could be very well possible. Also, in my history with the weapon, along with all of my friends' history, no one has ever hit more then 16 with the special. In this video, the user doesn't hit higher then 16 with it and he is hitting the maximum possible. The absolute maximum possible. Starts at 2:16.

[yt]Xiy-ZTlOTeo[/yt]

I'm going to tell you exactly what everyone else has said: Hit higher then 16 for both hits. Wear Mystic, Ahrim's, Wizard Robes; It doesn't matter. If you're going to hit higher then 16, then it's bound to happen eventually. If you feel your mage is to low, lend it to someone and have them try.

Edit: I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner. :wall:

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?article_id=1950

It says that the max damage that can be done with the SS's magic attack is 15. 16 can be explained by the CW's effect of increasing all damage, up to and including magic. This is how Ice Barrage can hit more then 30.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

Jagex Knowledge Base is wrong. The max for SS is 16, in or out of castle wars. As far as I know, you can hit 16 with 1 mage or with 99 mage, although it may be easier to hit it the higher mage you are.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

I've read through this thread and the first issue I've come across is that you're basing your probable max hit off of the Tip.It Calculator. The thing is, that thing is inaccurate. Plain and simple. Going only off of it is not a good idea. My proof: Maxed strength and maxed gear (not including Pvp armor or a Fire Cape. Blame my connection). The calculator says I can hit 47 a Whip. I struggle to hit 46. With a Dragon Dagger special, the Calc says 43 x 2. I have rather high difficulty hitting 42 x 2. All in all, it cannot be trusted.

The second thing is that the placement might be able to switch every-so-often. With the changes to the HP bars and how things work, it could be very well possible. Also, in my history with the weapon, along with all of my friends' history, no one has ever hit more then 16 with the special. In this video, the user doesn't hit higher then 16 with it and he is hitting the maximum possible. The absolute maximum possible. Starts at 2:16.

[yt]Xiy-ZTlOTeo[/yt]

I'm going to tell you exactly what everyone else has said: Hit higher then 16 for both hits. Wear Mystic, Ahrim's, Wizard Robes; It doesn't matter. If you're going to hit higher then 16, then it's bound to happen eventually. If you feel your mage is to low, lend it to someone and have them try.

Edit: I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner. :wall:

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?article_id=1950

It says that the max damage that can be done with the SS's magic attack is 15. 16 can be explained by the CW's effect of increasing all damage, up to and including magic. This is how Ice Barrage can hit more then 30.

Ok so the max is 16.

This thread started because the item database says 5-25 damage, and the combat guide says 5-16. There's a contradiction.

Now the item database says 5-18 and the combat guide says 5-16. Still contradicting.

And it still hasn't been fixed to at least both say the same number, whatever Tip.it thinks it should be.

Big_Stingman.png

• 6 months later...

Both hits needn't be over 16. If one is 1-4 damage, its clearly the melee one. So, a screenshot of a 2-18 would be sufficient too, for example.

Yes or just record the XP difference from the hits and figure out which hit was which. I don't have a Saradomin Sword anymore though.

And now that Tip.it does have the same special attack information (5-16) in both the item and combat guides, I don't really care anymore. I assume this could be locked if a mod feels the need be. Whatever they think.

Big_Stingman.png